BP Employee Reviews in Texas City, TX

Found 28 reviews matching the search See all 3,812 reviews
Really good work space
Firewatch/Holewatch (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 28, 2020
I wish I still worked there it was the best time of my life I plane on working there again real soon and make a career out of it I need the money for my to daughters
best job for area and career minded
Operations Supervisor marine docks (Former Employee) –  BP Chemicals Texas City, Tx.October 9, 2019
retired and based on 30 yrs. experience still have something to offer skills etc. Worked from the bottom to the top. Met a lot of interesting people from all parts of the world.
Pros
Safety rewards
Cons
excellent benefits
BP was a great place to be a contractor
Document Control Administrator (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXAugust 30, 2018
I appreciated having great co-workers, helpful employees and the Head Engineer I worked for was professional, he made himself available enough for me to interact with him when necessary. He reviewed the drawing updates in a timely manner for me to process them. When I think about the plants that I have worked at, B.P. rates at the top. I really appreciated working in a plant were my skills were a good a match and, there was no need for micro-managing.
Pros
At times we were provided some of the best barbecue in Texas or USA
Cons
Perhaps the cons were the long drive home after 20 hours
Contract Inspector
Utilities Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 25, 2018
Really Enjoyed working for bp and all who were working with me on this project and also for the new ones in the future

Would like to say that i would like to do more projects in the near future
Challenging place to work but also rewarding
Process Engineer, Para/Meta-xylene Production (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 30, 2018
You can take your career as far or short as you want. The large corporate structure makes everything slower from technical to managerial decisions. Projects can take a very long time to progress.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Large coporate management style very slow to proceed with decisions
Good salary and benefits. Opportunity for advancement.
Operations Process Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 25, 2018
BP was a great place to work with excellent salary, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. good work culture and diversity awareness. BP treats their employees with dignity and respect.
Pros
benefits, salary.
Cons
Long work hours expected.
Provided good living for many years
Process Operator (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 11, 2017
Worked with many talented people, challenging work environment , ability to learn new things and move within different departments. Favorable compensation package. One of the best company benefits package in the industry.
Pros
good hours and compensation
Union
I & E Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 7, 2017
The union versus company made it difficult to get anything done. Great place to make tons of money, but at the same time the most dangerous place I've ever been.
Nice company to work for
Asset Operator (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXJuly 10, 2017
My typical day at work would be to do a proper and complete shift relief from the out going operator. Going over any incidents and possible problems that may come up. I would go and do my own personal walkthrough before my shift meeting, looking for issues that could come up. What i learned from the refinery and or chemical plant is to respect the process because it can be unforgiven and dangerous. Management plays a big role in production by that they call the shots so good communications skills with management is very important. Workplace culture is crucial in the field being that working with the dangers could cause a disaster, so safety is very day is the culture i believe in bringing to the job. The hardest part of the job would be to encourage co-workers and new hires is to never cut corners follow the work order as written, never attempt to do job you are not qualified to perform and ask question and ask for help, always least 2 people, never work alone! Safety is first. The enjoyable part is learning that all incidents can and will be different, know your process, know your equipment and what is its function .
Pros
Good Learning, Good Pay and benefits
Cons
You must respect the process!
N/a
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJune 9, 2017
Not really much I can say about BP. I actually worked for the security company there. We lost our contract there. When another company came I left to go somewhere else.
OK place to work.
Exec. Admin. Assist. to Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 20, 2017
Great people; management not so great
interesting work, long commute. people are very friendly
work environment is okay, work hours are okay as well. Overall average place to work.
Good Place to Work
Emergency Response/Security Lead (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXMarch 13, 2017
Good place to work - great people. I've had the opportunity to work at a place that is known worldwide, and has facilities on all continents. It's provided an excellent opportunity for me to advance my knowledge in the areas of industrial emergency response and security.

Would recommend it as a good place to work!
Pros
Lunches provided quarterlyi, ERT appreciation; shirts, jackets, tickets to events
Cons
5 day work week for salaried personnel
Great company to work for however had to sell the refinery
Tank Turn-Around Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 20, 2016
Great company to work for but was surprised when they put up refinery for sale. String of unfortunate incidents lead to its sale such as 2005 explosion and the Deep water Horizon oil spill
Great Company
Millwright Journeyman (Former Employee) –  Texas City SiteJuly 22, 2016
BP was a great company to work for while i was there. BP showed great passion for making there employees happy and taken care of.
Pros
Competitive wages
Great Work Environment and Union Based Facility
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXSeptember 6, 2015
A typical day at work included checking all employees and equipment was up to par, maintaining maintenance on all machinery, and relieving all employees for their breaks, as well as filling in any position that didn't have an operator. I learned to be a team leader and perfected those skills. Management was very fair and offered equal opportunity employment. My co-workers, overall, were personable and working for the benefit of the company. The hardest part of the job was to fill in for other employees who called in and to maintain my responsibilities as well. Also, I found it challenging to work up to 90 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing my responsibilities were completed on time, and that I benefited the company every day.
Pros
Quarterly raises, paid vacation, union, bonuses
Cons
Company wanted me to relocate overseas in the Middle East
Marathon bought BP at GBR site
Refining Operator (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 25, 2015
BP was a wonderful and caring company to work for. Marathon on the other hand purchased BP in February 2012 and everything from then on changed. It turned in to a totally different company to work for. It was difficult to work under their working conditions. My co-workers are great guys to work with. Hardest part of the job is the heat around the process. Next would be the large manual valves/chain valves to operate. Most enjoyable is the people.
Pros
Free coffee and decent pay
Cons
Benefits aren't that good (medical, etc)
Overall a decent place to work
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician (Current Employee) –  Texas City TexasApril 13, 2015
I have seen many changes incur at my facility since my employment began. I work for a site with many hardworking co-workers and being in capital projects bring a certain level of ever changing challenges that I enjoy tackling.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Poor Health CareOverall
Great company to work for.
Lead Operator-Step-Up Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXFebruary 27, 2015
Great culture. Good pay and benefits, management is typical but for the most part they listen to you. I would love to work for them again but they are getting out of the refining market here in the US.
BP trying to do better
Laboratory Technician (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXJanuary 30, 2015
When the refinery was owned by BP at least we knew that they cared about your safety and it wasn't just a slogan. They actually listened to employees concerns and the plant manager was a people person and would come to the units and talk with you. Not sit up in their office all day and look down on you. Management a little unorganized but they tried.
Pros
pay/ benefits
Cons
lots of work
great jobs
fire watch , bottle watch , whole watch (Former Employee) –  Texas City, TXDecember 18, 2013
I would be up high whole watching
I have to be very neat and carefull and always paying attention .
and have a good house keeping around my work area
I would watch men go in and out of a whole to take breaks
my co workers were good...
the hardest part of my job was how to climb up 10 feets and go down every single time I had to get a job done...
the most enjoyable part was to receive my good check.
Pros
lunch
Cons
sometimes breaks

51.5K