Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews in Texas City, TX

Texas City, TX28 reviews
The work environment was friendly and it was a pleasure working there. The HSE department was very knowledgeable when safety concerns arrived. Pleasure working in such a great environment.
I wish I still worked there it was the best time of my life I plane on working there again real soon and make a career out of it I need the money for my to daughters
retired and based on 30 yrs. experience still have something to offer skills etc. Worked from the bottom to the top. Met a lot of interesting people from all parts of the world.
Pros
Safety rewards
Cons
excellent benefits
I appreciated having great co-workers, helpful employees and the Head Engineer I worked for was professional, he made himself available enough for me to interact with him when necessary. He reviewed the drawing updates in a timely manner for me to process them. When I think about the plants that I have worked at, B.P. rates at the top. I really appreciated working in a plant were my skills were a good a match and, there was no need for micro-managing.
Pros
At times we were provided some of the best barbecue in Texas or USA
Cons
Perhaps the cons were the long drive home after 20 hours
Really Enjoyed working for bp and all who were working with me on this project and also for the new ones in the future Would like to say that i would like to do more projects in the near future
You can take your career as far or short as you want. The large corporate structure makes everything slower from technical to managerial decisions. Projects can take a very long time to progress.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Large coporate management style very slow to proceed with decisions
BP was a great place to work with excellent salary, benefits, and opportunity for advancement. good work culture and diversity awareness. BP treats their employees with dignity and respect.
Pros
benefits, salary.
Cons
Long work hours expected.
Worked with many talented people, challenging work environment , ability to learn new things and move within different departments. Favorable compensation package. One of the best company benefits package in the industry.
Pros
good hours and compensation
The union versus company made it difficult to get anything done. Great place to make tons of money, but at the same time the most dangerous place I've ever been.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
My typical day at work would be to do a proper and complete shift relief from the out going operator. Going over any incidents and possible problems that may come up. I would go and do my own personal walkthrough before my shift meeting, looking for issues that could come up. What i learned from the refinery and or chemical plant is to respect the process because it can be unforgiven and dangerous. Management plays a big role in production by that they call the shots so good communications skills with management is very important. Workplace culture is crucial in the field being that working with the dangers could cause a disaster, so safety is very day is the culture i believe in bringing to the job. The hardest part of the job would be to encourage co-workers and new hires is to never cut corners follow the work order as written, never attempt to do job you are not qualified to perform and ask question and ask for help, always least 2 people, never work alone! Safety is first. The enjoyable part is learning that all incidents can and will be different, know your process, know your equipment and what is its function .
Pros
Good Learning, Good Pay and benefits
Cons
You must respect the process!
Not really much I can say about BP. I actually worked for the security company there. We lost our contract there. When another company came I left to go somewhere else.
Great people; management not so great interesting work, long commute. people are very friendly work environment is okay, work hours are okay as well. Overall average place to work.
Good place to work - great people. I've had the opportunity to work at a place that is known worldwide, and has facilities on all continents. It's provided an excellent opportunity for me to advance my knowledge in the areas of industrial emergency response and security. Would recommend it as a good place to work!
Pros
Lunches provided quarterlyi, ERT appreciation; shirts, jackets, tickets to events
Cons
5 day work week for salaried personnel
Great company to work for but was surprised when they put up refinery for sale. String of unfortunate incidents lead to its sale such as 2005 explosion and the Deep water Horizon oil spill
BP was a great company to work for while i was there. BP showed great passion for making there employees happy and taken care of.
Pros
Competitive wages
Cons
A typical day at work included checking all employees and equipment was up to par, maintaining maintenance on all machinery, and relieving all employees for their breaks, as well as filling in any position that didn't have an operator. I learned to be a team leader and perfected those skills. Management was very fair and offered equal opportunity employment. My co-workers, overall, were personable and working for the benefit of the company. The hardest part of the job was to fill in for other employees who called in and to maintain my responsibilities as well. Also, I found it challenging to work up to 90 hours a week. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of knowing my responsibilities were completed on time, and that I benefited the company every day.
Pros
Quarterly raises, paid vacation, union, bonuses
Cons
Company wanted me to relocate overseas in the Middle East
BP was a wonderful and caring company to work for. Marathon on the other hand purchased BP in February 2012 and everything from then on changed. It turned in to a totally different company to work for. It was difficult to work under their working conditions. My co-workers are great guys to work with. Hardest part of the job is the heat around the process. Next would be the large manual valves/chain valves to operate. Most enjoyable is the people.
Pros
Free coffee and decent pay
Cons
Benefits aren't that good (medical, etc)
I have seen many changes incur at my facility since my employment began. I work for a site with many hardworking co-workers and being in capital projects bring a certain level of ever changing challenges that I enjoy tackling.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Poor Health CareOverall
Great culture. Good pay and benefits, management is typical but for the most part they listen to you. I would love to work for them again but they are getting out of the refining market here in the US.
When the refinery was owned by BP at least we knew that they cared about your safety and it wasn't just a slogan. They actually listened to employees concerns and the plant manager was a people person and would come to the units and talk with you. Not sit up in their office all day and look down on you. Management a little unorganized but they tried.
Pros
pay/ benefits
Cons
lots of work
I would be up high whole watching I have to be very neat and carefull and always paying attention . and have a good house keeping around my work area I would watch men go in and out of a whole to take breaks my co workers were good... the hardest part of my job was how to climb up 10 feets and go down every single time I had to get a job done... the most enjoyable part was to receive my good check.
Pros
lunch
Cons
sometimes breaks