bp Employee Reviews in Westlake, OH

Lots of politics, but good compensation and benefits. I learned a lot, compensation was good but managers have open license to control employees life's. Culture is diverse but at the work place cannot talk about the Oil spill on 2010. To lay people off, managers invent scenarios to make employees look bad ahead of time, when they are building their "lists" managers make you believe you did great in the year and in the next performance review, they stab you with a knife with all kind of negative unreal stuff. For the rest of the time until you are laid off they pretend everything is hunky dory and that they are just doing their "job". Once you are laid off they treat you like you have a contagious disease. As usual the ones that are not laid off are the good buddy's of the managers.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Lots of politics and managers covering for each other
It was okay, it was a job at the time. Loved my customers they was the reasoning of me being there. Pay was not great, and advanment was really not an option.
I was very uncomfortable with working all alone on third shift at a gas station. When I was originally hired there was a second person on shift with me and was told I would never work a shift alone except for circumstances that could not be helped like a call off and no one to cover. I found myself working alone more and more till it was every shift I worked. Was paid very little and had a lot of responsibility. I was covering a shift meant foe two employees all alone.
Pros
could get items and have money for them taken out of my check
Cons
Third shift alone
Was able to gain knowledge of Oil Refinery. Value the importance of customer service. Improved my clerical skill, appointments- fax - outlook. Manage office supply inventory, medical records.
Pros
Was able to gain knowledge of Oil Refinery.
Cons
N/a