BP Employee Reviews in Wilmington, NC

Good manager and fun workplace
Very good workplace employees and manager were great to work with for the most part. Would definitely work there again the head office person could have been a little more buisness and professional.
Pros
Got to spend a certain amount in the store each week.
Cons
Short breaks
BP Gas Center was an easy job to maintain, They just need to let Store Managers be in charge of their store.
BP Gas Center is a privately owned company.
A typical day would be to arrive at the store no more than 15 mins before the store opened, count both registers, lotto tickets, cigarettes, call in gas readings and make coffee before store opened at 6 a.m. I would then work alone until 11 a.m, where then I would collect paperwork, reports and cash to bring into the office for balancing of previous days accounting etc. Once finished I would take deposit to the bank and order change for safe if needed.

Managers at the BP Gas Centers had little to no control over disciplining, hiring, or scheduling of employees. All major decisions, including reprimanding, interviewing and hiring were all done from the home office.

The job was and easy one, yet it was one where I couldn't utilize the skills I've acquired over the years.

The hardest part of the job was not having full control over what expectations were and holding associates accountable.
Pros
The accounting and accuracy was very easy
Cons
no accountability with employees
Geat customers
Everyday was a new experience with new and exciting customers. Never a dull moment creating new professional and customer friendly relationships with customers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BP?
1.4K