BP Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant

Found 32 reviews matching the search See all 3,719 reviews
Productive and fun place to work
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  HoustonNovember 6, 2019
Worked with a variety of individuals that collectively brought a lot to the team. The company is very family friendly and accommodating. Peers are often easy to get along with and work with.
Was a good position while I had it
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 26, 2019
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
Workplace was stressful
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carteret, NJFebruary 25, 2019
The company was going through some changes; buy-outs/ eliminated Jobs roles and cutting hours. It was a hard time for me just having a baby and knowing that I will be losing my job.
Great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NSFebruary 18, 2019
Worked with great people. Opportunity to sit in on meetings to learn about the progress of the local project. The variety of work over the time contracted to BP was interesting and expansive.
Pros
Variety of work
Great Company to work for
Administrative Assistant/HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 6, 2018
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
Work Place Full of Opportunity
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILJune 22, 2018
Safety was a huge priority
Fellow coworkers were always pleasant to work with
Great company to work for and learn a lot from
The job offered plenty of challenges to constantly learn more
All around Professional
Administrative Assistant III -Full-time (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 8, 2018
I loved this short term opportunity. I answered the phones, assisted with travel itineraries, took pictures of famous Olympic medalist with BP employees, assisted in the athlete agreements, filed, order goods for my department, heavy mailing and shipping.
Pros
Meeting former Olympians, and being around professional people
Cons
The opportunity was only short-term.
fun to work
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKApril 7, 2018
great team to work for, learned a lot and i loved the feeling of people depended on me and i was able to follow through for them. When I made my team look good I looked good also, it's great feeling
Pros
allowed overtime
Cons
not enough hours in a day to get your workload done
Productive workplace
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKNovember 14, 2017
The most enjoyable part of the job was the people. A melting pot of people from all different places. Great place to work. Lots of possibility for transfer and exploration of different positions.
No Comment
Administrative Assistant/Project Assistant (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILSeptember 20, 2017
A typical day at work was arriving at the building early so you could meet up with other employees in the break room before the official work day begins. The majority of the Managers were very professional.
HSSE Trainer/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Crane, TX 79731July 24, 2017
Enjoyed my time at BP, I was wanting a career and choose to leave to pursue my love of the medical field. Safety oriented company despite the issue in the gulf
OK place to work.
Exec. Admin. Assist. to Plant Manager (Current Employee) –  Texas City, TXApril 20, 2017
Great people; management not so great
interesting work, long commute. people are very friendly
work environment is okay, work hours are okay as well. Overall average place to work.
Great Company
Administrative Assistant III (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 19, 2017
Preparing Calendar for the week, set up lunches for 4 teams, along with mail outs, AFE entries and daily owner relations calls. I work in the Land department and we deal with the onshore wells along with real estate and mineral owners
Pros
Health Care, Vacation- Workplace is friendly atmosphere and we all work well together
Cons
You never know when your job will be cut with this new company being detached from big BP
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 19, 2017
Loved my job as a Administrative Assistant, great work environment, treated employees with respect. The company downsized and my job was moved to another state.
Pros
Flex hours, great work environment
Cons
Company downsized
Very good place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Whiting, INJanuary 8, 2017
Great compensation and benefits. Good management. Ability to attend classes to enhance job performance. Yearly bonuses. Increasing vacation time with number of years.
Pros
Benefit
Cons
Job secuity
Really smart and great people to work with.
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 30, 2016
Working with my team made it easy to show up and perform at an optimal level everyday. I multitask efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment. I confidently managed multiple interactions and provided vital support to Managers, Team Leaders and Individual Contributors in calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, business expense statements, and invoices. I have managed work to meet multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Pros
Fast-paced and engaging.
Cons
Multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Excellent, fun and exciting place to work.
Administrative Assistant - South Wapiti Plant (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, ABNovember 19, 2015
Provided administrative support, including mail, reception, supplies, office machine rental contracts, filing, vehicle usage reporting, timesheet auditing, accounts payable, credit card reconciliations, and employee expenses. Supported HR department. Trained junior administrative staff and delivered safety orientation for new hires and on-site vendors. Participated in ERP exercises.
Pros
Good Management.
Stop and Go
ADMINISTRATIVE SHIFT ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Toledo,OHSeptember 28, 2015
Stop and Go is owned by great people. I enjoyed working here. I was able to balance my home life and work. I enjoyed meeting different people everyday.
Great Place to work
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TexasAugust 12, 2015
I enjoyed working at BP. They treat their people well and the work is challenging. I only left BP as part of the 2015 Upstream Simplification. (i.e., I was laid off.) I currently am desirous of a new job.
Pros
Treat their employees well
Cons
Uncertainty of the economy and the oil business.
productive and good experience
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  GPO , SCPX, CSG 2July 29, 2015
very good co workers and management, many interesting thinks I have to learned , its the first biggest company I have worked with.
Pros
lunch is provided

51.4K