Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Administrative Assistant in Houston, TX

Administrative Assistant12 reviews
Houston, TX12 reviews
Working with my team made it easy to show up and perform at an optimal level everyday. I multitask efficiently and effectively in a fast paced environment. I confidently managed multiple interactions and provided vital support to Managers, Team Leaders and Individual Contributors in calendar management, travel arrangements, meeting logistics, business expense statements, and invoices. I have managed work to meet multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Pros
Fast-paced and engaging.
Cons
Multiple deadlines and varying priorities.
Worked with a variety of individuals that collectively brought a lot to the team. The company is very family friendly and accommodating. Peers are often easy to get along with and work with.
Environment was friendly and team oriented. Kept me busy. Enjoyable position to have. There was a variety of opportunities for advancement. Ability to work from home if needed or so desired.
Pros
Variety of opportunities
Cons
company wide lay offs
BP is an international company that has, over the years, groomed many entry level employees for management. They have provided (actually required much of this) opportunities to be trained in areas that allowed for advancement. They allowed a flexible work schedule within the guidelines of the different departments. There were many amenities on campus (cafeteria, coffee shops, wellness medical center, childcare center, gym/fitness center, walking paths) which were available to all employees and contractors. The compensation programs, vacation guidelines and bonus structures made for an excellent employment package.
Pros
Employment guidelines, attention to safety
Cons
Oil and gas industry, subject to economy downturns.
I loved this short term opportunity. I answered the phones, assisted with travel itineraries, took pictures of famous Olympic medalist with BP employees, assisted in the athlete agreements, filed, order goods for my department, heavy mailing and shipping.
Pros
Meeting former Olympians, and being around professional people
Cons
The opportunity was only short-term.
Preparing Calendar for the week, set up lunches for 4 teams, along with mail outs, AFE entries and daily owner relations calls. I work in the Land department and we deal with the onshore wells along with real estate and mineral owners
Pros
Health Care, Vacation- Workplace is friendly atmosphere and we all work well together
Cons
You never know when your job will be cut with this new company being detached from big BP
I enjoyed working at BP. They treat their people well and the work is challenging. I only left BP as part of the 2015 Upstream Simplification. (i.e., I was laid off.) I currently am desirous of a new job.
Pros
Treat their employees well
Cons
Uncertainty of the economy and the oil business.
Working at BP has made me a safer person in the workplace as well as in my home life. Diversity and Inclusion is big at BP. BP is a great place to work.
Pros
Flexible schedules, working lunches in fine restaurants and team atmosphere
Cons
Work life balance
I enjoyed every moment I worked here from the first day I started. The people are very kind and the environment is laid back however everyone does their job. I will miss BP very much.
Great work location in West Houston. Administrative staff is excellent to work for.
Very nice atmosphere, room for advancement. Concentration on learnign new protocols and disciplines.
Pros
salary, learning assistance
Cons
alot of contractors
I had great bosses. I loved working for this company and for my team. This was the best job I had.