bp Employee Reviews for Analyst

Accurately processing, matching and posting of intercompany transactions. Deal with group of Intercompany vendor accounts ensure financial results are produced to deadlines.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
The Denver office has a family friendly culture and events. Opportunities to grow vary by department. People are mostly friendly. They have a 9/80 work schedule which is really nice.
Pros
Family friendly, good benefits and salary
Cons
Oil and gas downturns
I worked here for 15 years. The first few years were good. After Texas City refinery blew up, and the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the environment went toxic at the office. You have to compete for your job and my manager is technically excellent but lacks management skills. Try to get in as a contractor, they will eventually hire you permanently if you’re capable, learn as much as you can and get out. No such thing as diversity and inclusion there, salary is okay and most employees are working scared. Job security is non-existent at BP!
Pros
Nice cafeteria
Cons
Management is top heavy. Manager and Team Leads are doing politics
Buen Ambiente Laboral, con desafios interesantes Gracias
BP provides a decent work life balance, but the culture is changing. Benefits are great. Compensation is good, but could be better. Overall good company, but could be better.
The company focuses on developing recently hired staff by current management. Turnover on management causes organizational changes and you may loose career track. Benefits are good if you get them while employed; company could modernized its benefits offer (retirement) to move with the person if they are exited before retirement which is very likely.
Except my salary to low as a long term temp with no paid time off. No holiday pay. Great place to work otherwise. Thank god we're allowed to work from home on snow days etc.
Pros
Cons
Salary
If they don't want you they will get rid of you but there are major benefits if you work with the right people. Typical corporate. It's not what you now it's who you know.
The world is changing fast and BP is changing with it. The mix of energy that provides heat, light and mobility for billions of people is shifting towards lower carbon sources, driven by advances in technology and growing concerns about climate change.
The BP grounds are beautiful and are great to walk around when you have time off. Facilities were great within the buildings, gym and cafeteria. Management changed and there was a lot of turnover but overall it is a great place to work.
Good work/life balance in my business Small group so very difficult to move to another position unless someone retires or quits Difficult to break into other business unless you started there and have worked your way up.
Pros
Does not micro-manage
Cons
Lack of employee development from management
- A typical day would be 9-5. Some days can be busy and staff being overstretched which leads to doing overtime hours which is not uncommon. - As well as learning the role and the gist of the industry, I've personally learned to enhance my skills on excel, e.g pivot, conditional formatting, vlookup etc. Shortcut keys absolutely helped increase my performance to enable me to manage my work. - Management is okay. Some decisions can be questionable on whether it is beneficial for the teams across the board. - Workplace culture is good and adhered to. Staff are looked after very well in circumstances where it be a personal matter or health related issue etc. - The hardest part of the job would be covering absence staff on sick leave, especially on busy days. - The most enjoyable part of the job is the completion of your work and getting it under control to a level that is manageable and also the incentive of receiving an annual bonus. The company can sometimes arrange events.
Pros
Free Lunch
Enjoyed the ability to gain work experience in different areas. The Flexibility to work from home Willingness of management to invest time to allow local school children and university undergrads to have work placements, Respect for the various D&I groups that a quarterly council was help to listen to various groups such as disability awareness, working parents etc
Pros
free lunches, invest in D&I, respects work life balance
Cons
Difficult to move to next level internally
Organizations in the company face reorg every 2 years, especially after Deep Water Horizon incident. These days, reorg means layoffs. Dreams of retiring from the company are now farfetched for most, and possibly obtainable by a chosen few. Still a ways to go for goals of diversity and inclusion, especially at the pinnacle of the organization. Everyone looks the same for the vast majority...look up photos of top level executive leadership for examples. If you can survive layoffs, good place to work hard, earn a descent to good salary, maybe work-life balance, but for most, no realistic opportunities to advance to higher levels.
Pros
Salary
Cons
Layoffs, Opportunities to transition and advance are limited
I like the people and culture here. However, not much opportunities for juniors to learn more and move up. Love the flexible working time here which is really convenient for employees.
Pros
Working environment
Cons
Salary increment
My manager was a good open-minded person, she allowed me to learned and took class about my job; allowed me to creat new way to do my job.
Pros
great working enviorment
Cons
old employee does not like new way
BP is one of the few companies that recognizes that their employees have a life outside of the office. However, the numerous reorgnazations has created a non-cohesive work environment in which information is not readily shared and managers do not provide constructive feedback.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Numerous reorganizations, non-cohesive work environment
deepwater horizon has lead to billions set aside for compensation, subsequently meaning less investment in talent and development and stagnation throughout business.
Typical day is full production mode, no time for breaks. Lofty management goals paired with weak infrastructure makes it hard to advance the company to its full potential. Hardest part of the job is to keep up with the average minimum of 50-60 hours per week. Nothing enjoyable about this job, worst mistake ever made.
Pros
Free phone for easy access, good Universal Life insurance option
Cons
Micromanaged on breaks, hours worked, workflow, no work/life balance
BP's culture around their values and behaviors is very visible in the work environment where employee well being is one of their high priorities.
Benefits
Cons
Oil industry unstable due to lower oil prices
I loved working for BP. The culture was professional, friendly and inclusive of all people regardless of their race, religion, or degrees. I loved working with other experienced capable people it made the atmosphere pleasant and less political.
Pros
Celebrated milestones and got credit for accomplishments