bp Employee Reviews for Assistant Manager

When they recognized I was a good candidate for promotion they moved quickly. Higher ups were supportive of the opportunity did not try to hold anyone back to keep their team strong.
Pros
Promotions
Cons
Schedule
I don’t have good experience whit BP company an the owner of gas station I like to work in friendly place and happy environment I hope I can fine my job soon
Good hours with good pay, if you dont mind working alone till shift change. Pretty easy once you learn the trucker machinea, everything else is self explanatory
We would like to make sure our customers are satisfied with polite and friendly service. Always make people feel welcome and their needs are met. Be professional and courteous at all times.
The bp in wentzville has such a high turn over because the management is a bunch of floozys. They do not care about your family or if you are sick. All the workers there are extremely 2 faced and don’t know when to believe them or not. The management talks down to the employees and corporate doesn’t care. They will just tell you nothing is going to change. It’s really sad.
it was OK just wasn't the place for me. i was working a lot of hours because people kept calling in sick or quieting or no call no show. i felt like people didn't like the job from the start
BP is a great job. I really enjoyed my time there. Get to see new and/or familiar faces on a daily basis. Create friendships with some customers. I would highly recommend.
Pros
Always busy.
Cons
None really
the amount of pay for the amount of work hours is so bad, you can work a 12-14 hour day 5 days a week with no thank you for the extra hours and no overtime paid
great working hours easy commute total responsibility customer service based use of own initiative decision making placing orders cashing up tills
Once Bp was sold and bought by another owner everything started declining. The store is never stocked. There is a bad odor coming from the bathroom pipes. Horrible ownership skills. Changing work schedule at the last minute.
see above. everyone has a different experience but as far as mine i believe i is a well maintained and balanced place to work. the hardest part of this job can be dealig with customers but basic customer service knowledge could get you through. lottery and tobacco counts are one of the most important parts of the job, as these products are counted as cash, and miscounts will misrepresent sales for the day and week, and can therefore throw off payments made and needed to place further orders.
This company was an amazing job to have. The people that work for the company are amazing, they would help you when ever you needed it and wouldn't look down on you if you didn't know what you where doing. The crew that I had under me at the time was amazing they would do anything that was asked upon them.
typical day at work when stuff do off sick. My magnet skills and how to deal with problems no matter what could it be. it was very fun place especially for me due to I'm always helping different stores in my territory.
Bp was a great company to work for, they treated you well. Always kept you informed on what was going on with the company. I really miss working for them.
Was full of exciting and rewarding duties. I learned the many responsibilities of managing an establishment and its employees. Management helped me to develop in my role and where great. I had a great experience working for the company.
I love working there, it was privately own and the boss was great. He gave bonus and raises every year. It was more family oriented and he was very easy to talk to. A wonderful place to work
Just an average job that is entry level. No basic skill requirements, and not basic education requirements. Workplace culture needs was desirable depending on whom you worked with.
Pros
flexible schedule, and weekly pay checks
Cons
long hours, and little pay
They paid me reasonably.I escalated to assistant manger which was quite pleasing to me. The hours i worked was great. But the fact another company bought BP location was tragic to me.
Pros
Hours, Pay
Cons
Relocation
I enjoyed working at BP, as far as C-store jobs go. The pay left a little to be desired but then again, that's typical of the industry. A typical day there was busy and fast-paced, and there was always plenty to do. You meet a lot of new people, and overall the management was supportive. In my own store, the manager was also a thief unfortunately who preferred to hire his friends, and this caused some undue friction.
Pros
Fast paced, lots of things to do, possibilities of advancement
Cons
Poor pay
Every day at B.Pis a new faces all day every day. Management was great until the site was franchised. Hardest part is not having a set daily schedule. Enjoyed meeting new people.
Loved working for bp, handling paperwork, reading the gas meters, and meeting different customers. But the pay was low and left for a bigger salary and better benefits.