Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Cashier/Sales

Great
The job is great if you really want to experience everything with retail which can come very handy in the future. The job does require a lot of multi tasking due to the nature of taking care of the pumps while attending to customers needs. Unfortunatly, due to the location, there are sometimes troubled customers however the majority are nice and friendly. My advice would be to go for the night shifts if they're stll offering it. its very relaxed
Ok.
I'm looking to get out of this job. Hours aren't very good. It's a nice store. Cleanest gas stations you'll ever see. But the owners/managers aren't fair enough to really be committed to this job.
Not good
Some staff can be aggressive towards you the manager his shallow minded she aa for her self staff compain all the time that are roude to costermers the manager never thanks you for giving out rewards cards .
Was happy at first bt didnt enjoy anymore.
i really enjoyed working at bp, i gained a lot of working experience working there, met a lot of people as well, but the management I didnt enjoy working with them.
Bp has station
The manager was very rude and she was unprofessional she had hardly no respect for the employees and she was disrespectful!!! I wouldn’t recommend no one to work At that store the manager was inconsiderate when I had death in the family also she didn’t want to let me off and she had me off for the funeral and I looked at the schedule again she changed it and put me back so I had to leave my uncle funeral early 😢
Poor management
Not given hours I needed to work around my homelife, I worked very hard for this company and felt let down when I was told I could do mornings but got rotered on to having to do evenings. It did not work for me and putting my daughter to bed
Good place
It wasnt like i thought it would be. They didnt really want to help me out got frustrated with me when i messed up a diesel pump. They didn't want to actually teach me showed me but didn't want to teach me
Good experience
I enjoyed the people i worked with and was very comfortable with my hours. However, the manager was hard to get along with. Everything was quick paced. The breaks were very short and you did not get a lunch. The manager made drastic changes and expected you to know them without her telling you about them.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
Short breaks, no healthcare, short staff
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BP?
Loved It
The pay was terrible, but staff was great. I won't work there again. Gas stations do not pay well. I was basically a manager of the Greyhound bus tickets, and did not get paid for that.
It was very friendly
I loved working there. I wish I never quit. itll forever be a regret i dont know what else to write i dont want to have to type something long this is ridicious
I honestly do not have any reviews about the company . And from the point I’m just typing to get a minimum of one hundred and fifty characters in the line
Cons
It was privately owned so no worries of corporate push, but managment was lacking
I liked working at BP, it was fast paced, energetic. I didn't like how unorganized it was but then again it wa a new privately owned store and was improving with time.
Pros
Free food items
It's what you make it
Being it was a cashier job, it's going to suck, people suck, the job sucks. However, depending on who you worked with for that shift, determined how well your shift went. Loved my co-workers, loved my manager, could've did better on the pay.
Fun and Productive Work place
I enjoy working with BP Gas Station because its a fun enviroment, I love my co workers, managers and customers. Hours are flexible and I am able to go to school in the fall.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Cons
Not enough hours
not good management
not much learned except to use gas pumps. This was a different work environment for me, but was convient to my home and family life. Wouldn't do again.
Pros
location
Cons
pay
fun place to work
My typical day at work at BP was fun. Worked by myself most of the day so didn't have a boss breathing down my neck all the time. Management wasn't unreasonable about the things they asked for . The hardest part of my job was being there alone at night hoping nothing bad was going to happen
Pros
Great boss, fun environment
Cons
Low pay
work
Pretty good fun working here, great team, easy to get on with, manager is great and professional. owner is really nice and caring. sometimes a task trying to keep track of everyone on your forecourt, but with cameras if helps a lot.
Pros
eat when you get a chance in the back
Cons
on your own.
Fast working environment
Serving customers in a courteous, professional manner.

Provided technical assistance to teach new Customer Sales Assistants.

Responsibility to handle money
Nice environment
I liked my job here, i loved working with the general public and a lot of the staff here.
A typical day was starting at 5.45am and taking over from the night shift worker, and serving customers who were on their way to work, school runs etc. We had a Wild Bean Café in our store, so I would also serve them hot food and hot drinks.
Pros
Free lunches and hot drinks
Cons
I was only paid my contract hours and not the overtime and shifts that i covered.
Fun and able to move higher
Good job, management lets you move higher if you wanted. I left due to lack of security and how no policies or procedures changed when I got attacked.
Pros
Ability to move higher
Cons
Security, no breaks, long hours
Not to busy
Semi fast paced but drinks were free. Competitive and 16 pumps. Outside done daily and third shift very cautious about their environment. Second shift is the busiest shift
Pros
free drinks
Cons
short breaks
1.5K