BP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 307 reviews matching the search See all 3,031 reviews
BP Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, IAJuly 18, 2019
A typical day at work was usually just me working alone, I would count cash and mop and clean shelf’s, I worked every weekend because we didn’t get weekends off. I would always cover other people’s shifts for them so i was working a lot more than what part-time workers usually work. I always made sure the customers were satisfied and made sure to always greet them entering and leaving.
Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, INJuly 12, 2019
I really enjoy working there the customers team mates my manager is amazing works w me as far as parenting time w my kids. I love the environment that I work it, its fast paced.
It was a fun and active place to work, but the owner has an issue with cussing his employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jemison, ALJuly 1, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store at 3:00 AM. Verifying my opening amount was correct. I had to assure the change bank was accurate. I had to occupy four registers. These registers consisted of : the store side, the truck stop side, the liquor tore register, and the Sneaky Peete's register. I also had to make sure the next cash drawer was correct. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the boss that was extremely rude to his employees. I enjoyed trying to make sure the customers were pleased with the service they received. If someone came in and a rude attitude, I didn't let affect my day and it didn't cause me to disrespect them.
B.P gas
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJune 19, 2019
I learned many customer skills throughout my time there. I worked every possible shift there it was an experience. Learned how to deal with vendors and ordered products for the store.
I loved working there. The management was great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville OhioJune 14, 2019
I loved working at BP. The management was great. I love working with the public. The job was very easy. The custmers were great. Most of the customers were regulars so I knew most of them when they came in, whuch was nice.
Fast paced environment with excellent customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIJune 12, 2019
Management is willing to work with your schedule within reason. You will perform many physically laborious tasks for which you will receive just above minimum wage. You will learn nearly every facet of the store and how the business is run if you wish to excel. You must work holidays if required.
Pros
As many breaks as you need
Cons
Pay
It only gets 1
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 7, 2019
It only gets 1 star because i have to give it stars. The manager had no idea really how to maintain a buisness. I honestly wondered why they didn't get rid of certain people despite the complaints against them.
Dissatisfaction
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 3, 2019
I would clock in and prep the deli meat and other food. than open start serving food. Management did not know what they were doing. The workplace is diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the not so nice mangers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfied customers that were happy when they left.
Trash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 10, 2019
I do not miss this place the bosses were horrible barely cared about their employees or their personal life they dont care if you have to go to a funeral they want you to work when they call you
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Glad to have got away
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gray, GAApril 25, 2019
Owner was rude and mean to a bunch of people. never could get a day that you needed off. One day you would work day and the night the next day crazy schedule all the time.
Ok place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 23, 2019
It was an average job. My location was small so I was the only cashier. It ran smoothly. Management was pretty average. They came and went, so I didn't see them much.
Was a fun place to work
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 15, 2019
I worked with family and best friends was a very fun place to work we were all a team and always gave Wonderful customer service. We all worked together and helped each other inside the station and outside . I did the Carwash outside all seasons and cashiered inside for the gas .
Pros
Got free carwash on our vehicles
Cons
Didnt always work if it rained
Good guestion
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAApril 5, 2019
The company is ok to,they take good care of customers and the staff have a good customers relationship and the customers behavior is good to the staff
Cons
Shoot brake.
pay was not great but the job itself keeps you mutlitasking
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Leeds, West YorkshireApril 3, 2019
The job was great fit for me but the pay was not enough compared to the amount of work I was doing. I have learnt how to manage it all by myself, this includes managing the fuel system, managing the till alongside lottery and paypoint and serving customers of course and stacking shelves.
Pay wages terrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 2, 2019
I had fun working flexible work space...you be your own boss.....slow nights you might invite friends kick with you in the parking lot......All juice and energy drinks gets discounted price for employees only and you can’t ring your own drinks unless there’s another co worker working with you....
Pros
Less minimum wage, not much hours, fixed schedule without your consanguinity
Cons
Bad management, no employees discount on patrol......
Bp gas station
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2019
Stocking and also cleaning dealing with the cash register in making sure all the products is up 2 date in making sure that the customers is good with the prushase.
Solid Job to Have While Attending College
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mapleton, IA 51034March 16, 2019
Working for BP was a decent time. The day-to-day routines weren't very exciting, but they kept me busy. The management at the store I worked at was good. They were very understanding/empathetic which I have discovered is a rare trait in managers. I actually felt like I was a valuable part of the team. They were also able to work with me on setting my schedule up to match my needs with taking classes.
Pros
Good management, flexible scheduling, positive work environment
Cons
Low pay, work is not challenging, job advancement is difficult
Great place to start out
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Kenyon, MNMarch 15, 2019
This was my first job, I needed a job during high school and it turned out to be great. My manager was great, and I always had a good time at work, no matter the shift.
Pros
Talking with customers
Cons
Rude customers, drive offs
Coworkers are awesome. But... Great management
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bonne Terre, MOMarch 15, 2019
Coworkers was awrsome to talk to but not fun to work "behind" very lazy workers.. Manager is great though and she dors try to be fair to all her co-workers..
Interesting workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 7, 2019
This place teaches you a lot, having to deal with respect, manners,trust, and money handling. It was a good experience for me I’d say because of how much I learned by dealing with those things.

51.2K