BP Employee Reviews for Cashier

Found 316 reviews matching the search See all 1,788 reviews
Manager problems
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wilson, NCAugust 14, 2019
The manager there is very immature. He’s not fair and does not stick to his words. He can be described and petty and a bully to some of the employees.
Great job for college students
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 14, 2019
Was a great job for someone with little to no responsibilities loved the company jus pay was low management was awesome very flexible if ever needed a second job would go back
Awesome place
CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Rowland, NCAugust 10, 2019
BP is an awesome place. The employees are like family to one another. I absolutely loved working here. The only downside is no benefits but other than that it’s perfect.
Boring and long shifts
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake, MNAugust 9, 2019
The pay was terrible with long hours. I was bored out of my mind most of the shift. It's a good job for someone who wants money but doesn't want to do much.
Best paying
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ILAugust 9, 2019
Start at 9 after training its 10 and as long no call offs for the week nor being late u get 1 dollar bonus easy job and not stress ful at all great to work for
Good starting job for someone over 21
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Canton, ILAugust 4, 2019
Great people. Get to know your customers well. Can be pretty fast paced, depending on location. From personal experience not too much room for growth at the smaller stores.
Work experience
Cashier (Former Employee) –  57 Greenford Rd, Greenford UB6 9BAJuly 29, 2019
I like the experience and it was the first time I ever work in a shop.
The skills I learned:
Confident working with vulnerable people
Interpersonal skills
stressful but fun at times
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Pleasant Valley, IAJuly 24, 2019
my manager is the worst i have had yet! unfortunately she has been there for 25 years and i'm pretty sure they are not letting her go. my coworkers can be the worst at times as well. the place is constantly busy
BP Cashier
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Knoxville, IAJuly 18, 2019
A typical day at work was usually just me working alone, I would count cash and mop and clean shelf’s, I worked every weekend because we didn’t get weekends off. I would always cover other people’s shifts for them so i was working a lot more than what part-time workers usually work. I always made sure the customers were satisfied and made sure to always greet them entering and leaving.
Job
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Lagrange, INJuly 12, 2019
I really enjoy working there the customers team mates my manager is amazing works w me as far as parenting time w my kids. I love the environment that I work it, its fast paced.
It was a fun and active place to work, but the owner has an issue with cussing his employees.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jemison, ALJuly 1, 2019
A typical day at work consisted of opening the store at 3:00 AM. Verifying my opening amount was correct. I had to assure the change bank was accurate. I had to occupy four registers. These registers consisted of : the store side, the truck stop side, the liquor tore register, and the Sneaky Peete's register. I also had to make sure the next cash drawer was correct. The hardest part of the job was tolerating the boss that was extremely rude to his employees. I enjoyed trying to make sure the customers were pleased with the service they received. If someone came in and a rude attitude, I didn't let affect my day and it didn't cause me to disrespect them.
B.P gas
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ossining, NYJune 19, 2019
I learned many customer skills throughout my time there. I worked every possible shift there it was an experience. Learned how to deal with vendors and ordered products for the store.
I loved working there. The management was great.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Steubenville OhioJune 14, 2019
I loved working at BP. The management was great. I love working with the public. The job was very easy. The custmers were great. Most of the customers were regulars so I knew most of them when they came in, whuch was nice.
Fast paced environment with excellent customers
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Muskego, WIJune 12, 2019
Management is willing to work with your schedule within reason. You will perform many physically laborious tasks for which you will receive just above minimum wage. You will learn nearly every facet of the store and how the business is run if you wish to excel. You must work holidays if required.
Pros
As many breaks as you need
Cons
Pay
It only gets 1
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Davenport, IAJune 7, 2019
It only gets 1 star because i have to give it stars. The manager had no idea really how to maintain a buisness. I honestly wondered why they didn't get rid of certain people despite the complaints against them.
Dissatisfaction
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Boca Raton, FLJune 3, 2019
I would clock in and prep the deli meat and other food. than open start serving food. Management did not know what they were doing. The workplace is diverse. The hardest part of the job was dealing with some of the not so nice mangers. the most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfied customers that were happy when they left.
Trash
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, KSMay 10, 2019
I do not miss this place the bosses were horrible barely cared about their employees or their personal life they dont care if you have to go to a funeral they want you to work when they call you
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Everything else
Glad to have got away
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Gray, GAApril 25, 2019
Owner was rude and mean to a bunch of people. never could get a day that you needed off. One day you would work day and the night the next day crazy schedule all the time.
Ok place to be
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Fort Wayne, INApril 23, 2019
It was an average job. My location was small so I was the only cashier. It ran smoothly. Management was pretty average. They came and went, so I didn't see them much.
Was a fun place to work
Attendant/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Warminster, PAApril 15, 2019
I worked with family and best friends was a very fun place to work we were all a team and always gave Wonderful customer service. We all worked together and helped each other inside the station and outside . I did the Carwash outside all seasons and cashiered inside for the gas .
Pros
Got free carwash on our vehicles
Cons
Didnt always work if it rained