Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Customer Assistant

fast paced
extreme hard work is needed. it is very a fast paced work where it is you're always doing work and can never sit free for a minute. the work is quiet difficult as well. also the management is very rude.
Awful firm to work for
I work at the BP in Oakham for some years .Although the job was easy enough the amount of work they expected was unreasonable and no matter what you did it was never good enough. it was run by bullies one of the first things we were told was that it was run with a blame culture and a name and shame book .Which sent alarm bells straight away. But I didn't think could be right but it was just an awful place to work .
It is good
The staff can be friendly but and customers are always a delight. management was not the best and my sister is a manager in the company but at a different store. She agrees my store didn't have the best but they got the job done.
Busy workplace
• Accurately processed payments for fuel and other items
• Responsible for maintaining a safe and clean fuel site

• Dealt with customers queries daily

Job felt very repetitive and tedious
Pros
Paid lunch break
Cons
Lack of progression
Fun place to work
Meet lots of new people and great first job. very diverse and can work your way up to management if you wish to. Task are straightforward and staffs are vey helpful if you need help.
Interesting
I have enjoyed working at Bp but found the promise things that they can not deliver. I also now feel that as a night worker, this takes over your life to a large degree.
Pros
flexibilty
Cons
lack of communication
Fun place
despite the money. the customers are quiet bad and i feel because of the companies target audience ( the older generation) they moan over the slightest thing. Management and training is excellent. Actually the training is excessive !
Pros
money is okay
Cons
Longgggg hours
good fun place to work
A typical day at work varies depending on what other shifts have done and what local events are on
iv learned a variety of different skills

a fun place to work once you get settled
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at BP?
Bp retail
Team player key holder and doing reductions
Enjoy working customers cash handling

Dealing customer needs and team player

Doing fuel delivery I did lots shifts that I enjoyed.
Pros
Working team
Productive and fun place
It was good and fun working there. The staff were very nice and embrace everyone which I thought was a representation of the company. I stopped working there because transportation fee was too much and would take a huge sum of my pay check.
Pros
Free drinks
Cons
30 mind break
Bp
Learned various of different skills, great teams. Receiving delivery in the morning, putting stock out on shop floor. Serving customers for food and fuel.
Pros
50% off Marks and Spencer's
Cons
Long early hours
Bp
BP were a fair company they gave holiday's and contracts to everyone but they would just sell the site on you and put your job at risk. Other than that there no too bad.
Pros
N/a
Cons
8 Hours Shifts
My First Job
British Petroleum was my first job where I really got an idea of the real world and retail industry and how are the things work. A nice atmosphere to work and great team.
worst place i have ever worked for
The management refused to do a risk assessment on me while i was pregnant, made me stand on the till on for 8 hours, but as long as i still got my half an hour break, it wasnt breaking the law.. they made me be the only person on the shop floor, working 3 tills at once because the cue was to the door, while i was 8 months pregnant. they made so many problems with my maternity pay, one manager didnt put my paperwork in so i wasnt paid, then i was over paid so had to give some money back, and when i put a complaint in to head office, i spoke to someone about everything, they said they would arange a meeting between himself, me, and the store manager at the time and the one standing. i never head anything back.. that was 7 months ago. i could do on for days listing everything they did wrong. but i really dont want to. they hire anybody that can speak english because nobody stayed there long! the whole company stinks! will never be working there again!
the only good thing i would say is you get 50% off on lunch break under £6.. but everything you buy at that time has to be consumed on the premises.
Productive and fun workplace
1.Time management
2.Improved communication skills

3.Teamwork (Leadership)

4.Working hard in order to achieve the target.

5.Satisfying each and every customer.
Helped Discipline Me
I started this job when i was a junior in high school. It required me to wake up at 5 AM every weekends. It taught me the importance of being on time to work, as others depended on you to relieve them. This job gave me a wide spectrum of skills, from learning to gain the trust of total strangers with their money within seconds of meeting them, to reordering and restocking goods needed to run our site.
okay
was okay to work just long shift days not nice shift from lates to eary shift some staff was okay and some managment would pick on you at times and not treat you fairly
Pros
paid lunch
Cons
hours
Nice experience working there
This was a great experience working there but the management was so good with a strict managers. Where i got to work only the night shifts and which was a only hard thing for me. I worked as a customer sales assistant and which was a great deal for me .
Fun Workplace
It was fun because i was on my own, it felt like i was running my own buisness and in charge of this or that but the main thing was to keep the place clean, all the time and get the job done.
fair enough
Good to work with. They always have extra shifts available but only let you know couple of hours before. Lots of great benefits. Night shifts are not too easy to do.
Really clean environment to work in.
Pros
50% off on luch food, 10% off on normal stuff. free coffee.
Cons
Only 2 staff members during the night shift.
customer service
working as customer assistant at BP I focused mainly on customer service and meeting the needs of the customers. The hardest part of the job was sometimes dealing with difficult customers, however, we dealt with this in professional manner. I also found some of the heavy lifiting challenging. Overall, the staff made it good to work there.
1.5K