BP Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Found 275 reviews matching the search See all 3,031 reviews
Productive and developing place
Planning Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baku, AZJuly 6, 2019
Competitive pay, travel perks, great growth and there you find right executive to take you on
Horrible workplace.
CSR (Current Employee) –  Plainfield, ILJune 21, 2019
No overtime/holiday pay even though it's law.
No days off of any kind.
Owner lies about what he pays new hjres which causes them to leave.
Owner in general is not even a part of this store.
If you like having to bicker with people because they have no idea how to put gas in they're car every day, sure go for it.
Stay away from this place for your sanity.
Fast pacing environment to work in.
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Newberry, SCJune 18, 2019
Its easy bur frustrating when you monitoring every move being made. It is a very fast pacing, smooth job but once again frustrating from the management
Productive and fun
CSR (Current Employee) –  Tumbi Umbi NSWJune 11, 2019
The most enjoyable part of the day is meeting new people and working with an amazing team. A typical day is full of laughs, learning of new things, the hardest part is standing on your feet for long periods of time.
busy environment
Customer Service Representative (part time) (Current Employee) –  Wiley Park NSWMay 21, 2019
I usually do the night shifts, so I interact with the customers in the morning time. At night i would be busy with my shift activities and serving the customers through night pay window. Overall its good for the part time.
Awful management.
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  BramptonMay 2, 2019
Managers and BP in general DO NOT CARE ABOUT YOU. I've been bullied and harassed and nothing got done. A young girl was sexually harassed here and they turned a blind eye. You'd do best not to work here.

Everything they tell you in the interview be ready for 10x more work which they don't tell you about but expect you to do.
Pros
½ off lunch up to £6
Cons
Management, hours/shifts/work load
Fun and exciting while working
Customer Service Representative (Part-time) (Current Employee) –  Annerley QLDMay 1, 2019
This place is always exciting to work. As I am working as a console operator, I get a chance to meet and talk to many types of mentalities which excites me. Some people are very good at sharing their experiences which makes me learn something out of that.
Bp job
Customer Service Professional (Current Employee) –  Wingate, NCApril 10, 2019
Its a good first job, learned a lot about working in customer service. It was a good starting point and I think any young person would enjoy it. Im just ready to move on
Pros
Discount items
Cons
short breaks
Good part-time job while studying
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Silverdale, AucklandMarch 14, 2019
Such a huge company, so experience would vary store to store. Thoroughly enjoyed my employment as it suited my lifestyle. Good part-time work however could potentially be boring and repetitive as full-time work.
Wonderful people to work with amd is a family owned business.
Customer Service/Accounting (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 8, 2019
This was a wonderful environment to work in. The owner is very fair, considerate and accommodating to emergency time off. There is just no advancement. This is a family owned company therefore we were all very close. Very nice place to work.
fast-paced friendly enviroment
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bedford, OHDecember 11, 2018
It was fun an easy to keep a smile and hold conversations with loving people. I never had a bad day there. worked for the nicest manager. Also a very clean environment to work in.
work place where i learned a lot
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bedford, BedfordshireDecember 6, 2018
i have learned a lot from this job, started job from 5am to 1pm five days a week. i have learned to communicate with colleagues customer and made friends.
i have been working hard therefore they offered me a management job. training to become manager there.
Pros
50% discount on food to eat on site
Cons
8 hours a day
It is a confortable and fun place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Yorkville, ILNovember 27, 2018
I enjoyed the laid back atmosphere and the joking behaviors but also enjoyed talking with and helping my customers. I kept everything stocked and cleaned and ready for the morning rush. My manager was very understanding and helpful in so many ways. I miss working there but I needed a new start.
fast paced environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENATIVE (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLDNovember 20, 2018
Overall a good company to work for, many opportunities if you want to work up the ladder. Always something to do, never a dull moment in the workplace.
BP Holborough
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Holborough, KentNovember 4, 2018
very good company to work for. Benefits include 50% off lunch food upto a certain amount, 28 days annual leave and can always help change shifts if needed.
Pros
paid breaks
Cons
set shifts
Not the best company
ه Customer service (Former Employee) –  Caldermeade VICOctober 17, 2018
Never work for them again, they are not nice people. Constantly getting put down. Pay rate is below below average. On Christmas day you get some rate you work every other day
Enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chinderah NSWSeptember 26, 2018
I loved working for BP, and was sorry to have to leave.
I enjoy all aspects of customer service, and this role certainly covered quite a few.
Management was ok.
I didn't care for cleaning the pumps, but it's part of the job.
I got to know a lot of my regular customers, and they were very nice people.
Pros
Free decent coffee.
Cons
Pump cleaning
Simple job.. can be monotonous
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Catawba, WISeptember 24, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work. Easy tasks but can sometimes be monotonous. No benefits. Could be fast paced and stressful at times. Great opportunity to get to know the neighborhood and enhance people skills.
Pros
Fast paced environment makes time go by quickly. Get to know alot of people.
Cons
Often worked alone. Monotonous
very good
Customer Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  londonSeptember 19, 2018
This is a good work place. I always happy to work over there. they offer good quality food with good customer service in high price. they offer high salary to staff.
Pros
good salary
Cons
high price goods
Last Resort Job
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Albion Park NSWSeptember 19, 2018
I have worked for BP for a few months now and there's not much that stikes me as positive about the company. I work as a casual yet have permanent shifts meaning i don't get any benefits of working part-time, but get the joy of doing the same stuff every week without any time off.

I started this job because I needed work that was closer to home and flexible around my university schedule. I got a job that is close to home. As far as being flexible, it couldn't be further from that. I brought in my uni timetable to my manager 2 weeks before the semester was due to start and asked for my shifts to get reduced so I had time to do my studying. For the next 9 weeks straight I did 35 hours a week including overnight shifts and double shifts. I had no time to study and even missed some tutorials due to being overworked with no help. On more than 3 separate occasions I asked for a reduction in shifts and was ignored on all three occasions. Furthermore I'm fairly certain the manager was sexist as a few female staff with uni got whatever time they needed I.E. 1 shift a week whenever they asked for it, meanwhile I get hammered with 5 shifts a week mainly night or overnight shifts.

My second gripe with with their various forms of measuring performance. All measures of performance have to do with promotional sales. Essentially how good are you at wasting people's time, or ripping them off. As a customer I expect the best service to be quick and polite. I don't want to be asked a million questions when I just want to pay and get going. As a worker you get given a huge checklist to do
  more... over your shift. It rarely get checked and is never refered to as performance. Ive never worked for a company that cared less for its employees or customers. I don't see any redeeming features in the promotions especially considering they dictate your usefulness to the company. I think if BP stopped trying to use their employees as scapegoats and tried asking them what's wrong with the company they'd be able to improve their service far beyond any stupid promotions.

Just to sum up, this is the type of job you take if you've been looking for months and nothing is coming up. If there's the slightest chance of getting a job somewhere else, even another service station, take it. You're not going to find anything positive about your experience at BP.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Poor communication with management, misguided understanding of performance, terrible shifts, sub par training, out of touch company

51.2K