Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst15 reviews
Many managed moves within the company. The work environment is very dependent on the team lead you are assigned to. There have been several rounds of layoffs in recent years. The laid off employees are compensated fairly.
every 3 months there is a new pulse survey to ask how you feel about everything from policy and procedure to what you think of management. regardless of how you answer, they never change anything.
Very cut throat work environment. Must be willing to go above and beyond in order to be rewarded. Management doesn't usually listen to employees opinions.
Professional work environment. Management in most areas are courteous but to the point on direction for the project. Hardest part of the job is wondering how long you will have a job.
Pros
Great health benefits and retirement for their employees. Onsite gyms and physical activities.
Cons
Independent contractors used instead of hiring them as employees.
BP is a great company to work for; the only issue is that they outsource a lot. Other than that, they offer employees a lot of things and show their employees that they are appreciated and valued.
Pros
Constant learning and changing
Cons
Outsourcing a lot
Its so much wonderful and amazing experience , people and management over there are really true colleagues that any one wish to work with.

i highly recommend any one to submit his/her resume to get the chance to discover the new era of experience
Yearly re-org. Does not matter how hard you work or how much you contribute, if you do not get on the right side of upper management, you'll probably get cut sooner or later based on headcount.
Benefits
Cons
Bad management
Great place to work. You have the opportunity to learn a lot of different aspects of the business if so desired. Supervisors are very understanding of work/life balance.
Very productive environment with lots of supportive people. Lots of opportunities to grow and success. I improved my technical and soft skills as well as how to communicate with different people.
Pros
Good compensation and work environment
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
I work for IBM and our client is BP.
In BP, the work culture is smooth.

The Management is fine.

Hardest part of the job is when we're not involved in any of the Implementation cycle from the Beginning and then suddenly we're asked to resolve some issue. In that case, we do not have complete picture of the process and the enhancement that causes the issue.

Work culture is good as like any other Big clients like Shell

Other than that, I enjoy my job. The most enjoyable part being when we complete the Task before the deadline even with challenges.
BP is a typical large corporation with great benefits and pay. Due to its size your experience will vary depending on your manager and the business unit you work for. Being a global company there is definitely room to move and promote within. Core values and messages to employees fluctuate regularly which make it hard to get a true understanding of BP's goals and values.
interesting place to work. not sure what else to say. i can just add more words, but it is an interesting place to work.
Typical day:
downloading most of the source data to prepare for forecast models

Preparing forecast model and reviewing prices

alter price within system to coincide with forecast

prepare reports to management

prepare reports to sales force

answer queries on prices

Prepare and journal stock values at month end

Forecasting financials every month

I worked autonomously

Hardest part of job is the time frame to deliver reports

Most enjoyable part was creating models which personnel found usable

Good company to work for and they look after there staff
Pros
Staff canteen and good food
Cons
Travelling
BP is an amazing company to work for. They take good care of their employees.
BP is a good place for someone who needs flexibility. The downside is that a smaller company does not allow you to see as much as you would in a smaller organization.