BP Employee Reviews for Lead Cashier

Found 23 reviews matching the search See all 3,804 reviews
fast paced
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJanuary 13, 2019
Sometimes busy depending on the day and times. Some customers you would have to tell to leave. the hardest part of the job was seeing customers not have enough money to pay for their merchandise.
Cons
Cashier customer service cash handling
Cashier, Management (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 26, 2018
I loved working here after it was bought by new owner. I was the the not family member. I took time off in April to finish my schooling and was thinking i wasn't getting a raise and bonus, Idid get it on my last 2 week check. I'm choosing not to return because of my safety.
Life at a gas station
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 4, 2018
I loved the job because I was constantly moving around to get the job done. I love that because it makes time fly by. Didn’t matter if we were slow I always found things to do. Cleaning, rearranging, dusting. Anything to make it a better place.
Pros
The customers
Cons
No benefits or consistent raises
fun and inviting
Cashier and Shift Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Natrona Heights, PAApril 10, 2018
The company itself was great to work for if you're looking for a dead end job. The managers were very personable and became friends very quickly. I would highly recommend anyone to work for them as a starter job.
productive and fun place
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Delmas, MpumalangaJanuary 25, 2018
very nice place to work.it had its pros and cons as well.the thing i disliked was that i was stable or stuck with no opportunity to move forward and there was no growth or opportunity to study
Pros
free lunches
Cons
long hours and weekends
Great Customer Care
Cashier Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 10, 2017
BP aka Shell was a pleasant environment. Employees work hard but get the job done. The owner was always giving incentives to employees and customers and was definitely a firm but fair individual
Not Bad
Manager/Cashier/Inventory Support (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 30, 2017
Good pay, but overwhelmingly complex at times. I really enjoyed when the manager bought everyone food, every once a month. Also liked how quick paced things were.
Pros
Discounts
I love my job and my customers
Head Cashier (Current Employee) –  Wingate, NCMay 2, 2016
My job is great. I cash check, order and stock supplies, vendor relations and most importantly I make sure my customers leave with a smile on their face.
Being advanced to management was my most positive thing.
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVFebruary 18, 2016
I don't really have anything to say. Everyday was the same, the atmosphere wasn't as great as it should have been. I did get to advance in this job to the manager position that's the only thin I can say I liked about this place.
an excellent, fast-paced environment with many people coming and going which meant meeting alot of new and fun people
Cashier/assistant manager (Former Employee) –  chesterfield,MOJanuary 23, 2016
The atmosphere at this job was very exciting and enjoyable to come into work everyday. There was always things to do from paperwork,schedules down to the everyday cleaning, I loved the customers most of all. We had regular customers who I had got to know very well and enjoyed talking with them when they came in. I believe I made the workplace a store people liked coming to and would pick our store over going to another. My co-workers were also all very friendly and everyone had a good relationship. Management worked with all the employees to make sure they knew what was expected of them at the same time very understanding if a situation did occur. I am a very friendly person and I like people to feel happy after communicating with me and maybe even knowing that I might have made a better day for them than what they were having to start with.
Pros
bonuses and incentives for good work
Cons
healthcare was a little too expensive
Very busy place to work.
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOAugust 26, 2015
I loved this job it was very busy and I met wonderful people on a daily basis. I the kind of job that was known for advancement's within the company.
Pros
Great atomsphere, clean, great associates.
Cons
Business really went down when it was closing.
loved everyone i worked with
Manager / Cashier (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ILNovember 11, 2014
enjoyed everyone I worked with at this company. was looking for a more full time position, generally didn't work 40 hours a week
I was dual managing at this company
Cashier, Asst. Manager,¨Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Chula Vista, CAOctober 30, 2014
During my time worked with this company I started working as a cashier, after 6 months I was then promoted to Assistant manager to store manager.
Nice place to work
Cashier/ Subway Manager (Former Employee) –  Euclid, OHSeptember 4, 2014
A typical day working in a gas station was a wonderful experience. Meeting different customer everyday and having the opportunity to make someone smile after a hard day of work. Most people that came in wanted a nice conversation and would love it if you knew who they where by name. I learn how to be sociable and attentive working at B.P. Management there was scarce because it was a small operation but the ones that were there were interactive with the employees from time to time. My co workers were fun to work with and we also did things together outside of work. The hardest part of the job was the location and the risk of danger working at night in a 24 hour gas station with no security. The most enjoyable was all the relationships that were build between employees and customers.
Pros
The culture of the organization
Cons
The environment of the location
interesting people for many interesting days
Head Cashier (Former Employee) –  Minooka, ILApril 10, 2014
I worked hard everyday, you deal with lots of different people on a daily basis and it keeps you on your toes
good job if its your first one
Lead Cashier (Former Employee) –  North Royalton, OHOctober 3, 2013
they people I worked with was great, but the company wouldn't hire any new people and it was a 24 hr store and only 4 people working so it was rough.
good job
Cashier/Manager (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OHMay 11, 2013
I realy liked this job but i was the only worker for the longest time so it was hard work.
Assitant manager
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Perry, FLApril 21, 2013
Basically just a typical work day,sales,customer service,maintaining a clean work environment.
good job with nice owners.
Manager/Cashier (Former Employee) –  wadsworth, OHOctober 18, 2012
I like working at this store i was pretty much on my own at work though because it was a small store . I would still be working there if it wasnt for the owner losing the store. I loved helping people. I usally during the day cleaned the store stocked took orders for what we needed. I also was the one who keep track of income and damages
Pros
owner was nice
Cons
never got a break worked form 7 am to 10 pm most the time
A place you could move up. Some of management staff was not the best.
Cashier/Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 11, 2012
Most part it was good company to work for. Some of the managent staff was not good to work for.
Pros
benfits
Cons
you could get rob at anytime and people drove off without paying for gas.

51.5K