BP Employee Reviews for Manager

Found 58 reviews matching the search See all 3,708 reviews
I’m ready to start working
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stone Mountain, GAJanuary 18, 2020
I’m thankful if I get the opportunity to work there, I been working at the Gasstation the last 10 years so I have good experience, I’m ready to do my responsibilities and work
A surprisingly cut throat environment where team work and collaborative working was not at the forefront of everybody’s mind.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Milton Keynes, BuckinghamshireNovember 26, 2019
Senior managers are looking at every opportunity to advance their own careers at the expense of others and indeed the business itself. Genuinely, look elsewhere irrelevant of the benefits they may offer you.
Not really a manager
Manager (Former Employee) –  NorfolkNovember 25, 2019
The company has unrealistic views on what a manager is. The job description does not match reality. You are basically just a dogs body there to mop up all the jobs no one else will do. You are not allowed to have an opinion about anything, and can not have a good work life balance due to the shifts. Regularly put on late shift in to early, with hardly any sleep. The job itself is tough lots of heavy deliveries, and never enough staff to help out. It's a non stop day with no time allowed to have breaks.
Downsizing
Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 26, 2019
Company is shrinking and no opportunities for advancement. Each year the work force is being made redundant. Work life balance is talked about not managed actively by management.
great place to work
Manager (Current Employee) –  Lee's Summit, MOSeptember 18, 2019
great place to work. Enjoy my experience. Met great people as customers. Everyday was different. Teriffic owner and great manager. Clean store. Worked tons of .
Very busy and easy job
Manager (Former Employee) –  Marietta, GAApril 18, 2019
Staff members were friendly as well as customers. Sometimes I would work well over 12 hours with no breaks or a relief. Bosses never helped out and I had to handle all aspects of the business on my own
Pros
Good Gas
Cons
No breaks and your the only one working
productive
Manager (Former Employee) –  Erie, PAApril 12, 2019
Waiting on customers, checking in vendors, putting orders way, keeping the store clean and neat. Talking with customers and other employees.Management was great.
Pros
customers
i loved my job there i wish they didnt close
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 15, 2019
i want to go back here but unfornaly they closed down and sold the stores i need a job like this again i need to apply for more i miss working there..
Pros
i loved this job
Cons
i loved this job
If I spent time at this, it would be a waste
Manager (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIMarch 8, 2019
If I spent time at this, it would be a waste. The company is yet another large corporate entity that cares nothing for those who supply it's labor.

It's local manager was taking money directly from checks of his employees for stolen gas and inventory incidents that they had no control over.

honestly, why am I having to waste 150 characters at this moronic company?
Good company ran by locals who are driven to success.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Camden, TNFebruary 7, 2019
I worked here during my high school and college days. Good atmosphere with lost of growing possibilies to employees. Highly recommend anyone to work here.
Store good company not so good
Manager (Current Employee) –  Glasgow, GlasgowOctober 21, 2018
Great place if you have a great team but unfortunately business cutting corners means stress on everyone. Head office sends down expectancy yet does not know how the store runs day to day and how impossible some of the tasks are when your running low on labour hours. Company needs to treat staff better and review pay due to the sheer volume of work that is expected in the time that it is given.
Pros
Discount lunch
Cons
No appreciation. Too much work load
Decent Job
Manager (Current Employee) –  Freeport, NYOctober 9, 2018
The job is good for someone who needs experience in handling customers, learned how to deal with customers as a manager, the owner gave me the opportunity to succeed.
ortalama
Manager (Former Employee) –  New York StateJune 26, 2018
ne oldurur ne de surundurur. sirf 50 karakter dolsun diye son cumleyi yaziyorum
It was a good place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hull, GAJune 4, 2018
I loved it at first. It done really well as a new place. Then the owner had me start working 1st and 2nd shift with no days off. I couldn't work around the clock. They are now closed.
Great organization
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 10, 2018
Wonderful company, however after they sold all of their retail facilities my position was gone. Over all the company did take care of their employees and promoted from within.
see below
Manager (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAApril 29, 2018
many challenges where faced during the day. I managed a gas station, so safety and customer service where extremely important all the time. This position was also a 24-7 job.i was also responsible for large amounts of money every day.this was a chalnage.
Pros
job advancement
Cons
handling large amounts of money
No longer in business
Manager (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 25, 2018
bp North America no longer operates US operations, All of the sites are now individually operated. Very few of these locations hire people outside of their family or offer any type of benefit package that would be standard in the workplace today.
the things you see at a local gas staion would amaze you.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNMarch 21, 2018
well I was the manager there and was in charge of ordering inventory, counting down the till, writing people up, hiring, firing, schedules. had to operate a carwash also.
Pros
health care, dental
Cons
the general manager wasnt the best
The BP Cherry Point Project was short lived. As several engineering firms bid on this job. However, my organization did not get the job.
Document Mgmt. Lead (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 21, 2018
The BP Cherry Point Project was unique, as several engineering companies bid on the job. And were required to utilize the client electronic document management system. This was a unique approach to managing documents. It was a learning experience, however I did not get to fully use the system as my company lost the bid.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
I loved my job there
Manager (Former Employee) –  Bremen, INFebruary 6, 2018
This job is trying at times but was very much worth it. I enjoyed working with the customer and learning what their needs always were. The weekends off was always the best bonus of the job!

51.4K