bp Employee Reviews for Operations Associate

stock maintainance book keeping human resource management customer service decent management long working hours demands physical work store management
BP was a good place to work. Jobs are good, management is good compensation is good vacations are good. Very competitive, if you work hard you are rewarded.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Shift work
I would work for Bp if they get a position available anytime. They really care about their people. They cared if you had family. The job was stress free. If you don’t know how to operate something they had trained staff to help you.
Benefits
Cons
A lot of long hours
We did the beach clean up during the oil spill on Pensacola Beach. It was a interesting experience to say the least. The contract was shorter than promised at the beginning of the job.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Contract ended
Good company to work for, excellent benefits but there is way too much autonomy given to the local operating companies and this way of working self defeats the purpose of a true global organization with standard management processes.
BP has been a career level job for me for the last 28 years. I have enjoyed my work experience and have been well compensated. My time here has provided me with ample time and compensation to raise a family and save for retirement.
Pros
Competitive Salary
Cons
Shift Work
I would like to work for a company who actually has some concerns for their employees . When you put in the time and hard work it's nice for someone to know who did it .
I enjoyed the interaction with the various groups of people that I worked with. In my position I work across several departments within the drilling / completion / production / supply chain / construction team / accounting. My last job at BP was self directed (I decided what needed to get done each day and set the deadlines.
Pros
Working with the People
Cons
Difficult to get decisions from upper management
Great work environment. Everyone truly cares about work-life balance and formed a great community within the organization that supports one another. Management can't be beat.
Good team atmosphere, allowed to grow your own ideas and implement should the engineering stack up, varied work fronts enjoyed 25 years in different roles and a variety of jobs My last role varied so much no day was the same as different issues arrived at my desk from the offshore platforms on a daily basis Every day was a school day towards the end however after 7 years in this position I knew the platforms as well as anyone Worked with the national guys who were well educated and professional this for me was the best part of the job it was like working as a big family, this includes my line manager who was also Azeri
Pros
Varied work fronts, great workmates
Cool place to work. i enjoyed to people and the line of work was interesting although i was only contracted to work here for three months.
Pros
great people
Cons
tedious, but thats biotech
Management is unqualified to manage. Ex. An employee who also worked as a part-time police officer was put in charge of managing a Wind Gen dispatch desk. This same manager crashed the servers and was ultimately fired for hiring his girlfriend on to the desk.
Review and process vendor invoicing, paymentsWork with procurement and supply chain management, engineering servicesI am a contractor working for BP
Pros
team building
The management has no clue as to who or what they are supposed to be in charge of.
Cons
withhold info to watchdog groups and regulatory auth.