bp Employee Reviews for Petroleum Engineer in Anchorage, AK

Working at BP was one of the most fulfilling experience in terms of career advancement, work family balance, management support to implement new ideas.
Pros
Career advancement and trying new ideas
Cons
Some degree of process that I think wasted time
BP is more a banking company that dabbles in oil, placing next to no priority on technical ability or the work at hand. Their process is stifling, and the corporatocracy is unbearable. It is run by people who have never done anything else, hence the leadership sorely lacks the business and technical breadth necessary to effectively steer such a behemoth corporation.
They renewed my career drive. They were caring. Very willing to award. Opportunity for professional growth and advancement. Travel globally, and given lots of responsibility
Pros
One big Family
Company takes work life balance very seriously. Very accommodating to its workers. Assets in Alaska are world class. Work environment is very professional.
Pros
Living in Alaksa
Cons
Management edicts
Great company, and more importantly, great people. I liked the teams and ideation imbibed in the work culture. Many many friends were made at BP and more than that, great ideas were realized.
Pros
Fast paced work environment
Cons
They were not in Denver.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?