Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Production Engineer

Production Engineer5 reviews
BP provided excellent salary and benefits to their employees. Corporate Bureaucracy was strangling at times and I had an innumerable amount of meetings. The culture was team oriented and with very positive messaging. Non merit based affirmative action was rampant; especially at the lower levels of the company.
Pros
Great Salary and Benefits; Team Oriented Culture
Cons
Strangling Bureaucracy; Over emphasis on affirmative action
Great people
Great management

Great flexibility

Great support

Technical jobs , great learning, great responsibility, allow you a lot of latitude in your position
While working for BP for a total of 18 years, I had very challenging and interesting positions. I had opportunities to develop my own career path. However, many times I was bogged down by paper work and conflicting priorities. Management sometimes had difficulty knowing which direction they wanted to head in. It was unfortunate because my coworkers were great and there was a sense of a cooperative environment within most work Teams. Nonetheless, priorities quickly changed often and I never got the sense of true accomplishment and completion of the goals that were set. Pay was excellent and great opportunities for advancement! The only thing missing was having management set goals and stick with them so priorities would not change so often and thus reducing stress levels on employees.
Pros
Excellent benefits, excellent pay
Cons
Conflicting priorities, lots of paperwork, difficulty completing tasks
Great place to work. I liked the culture, Training was always available. The Westlake office had many fringe benefits, such as day care, pharmacy, Dentist, Medical, Physical Therapy and Optometrist on location for easy access. They also had on site lunch with a variety of choices.
The company is downsizing significantly, as well as managing for the long-term with falling oil prices. Management seems to drop the company strategy from above, with out circulating through middle management. The company has a great set of assets and fun jobs, yet the hours are long and strenuous. No problem for a self-motivated engineer, but may dissuade others.
Pros
Fun jobs
Cons
Heavy Politics
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?