bp Employee Reviews for Project Lead

Most enjoyable part was Good Benefits and a yearly bonus. There were too many meetings every day and the hours were too long. The job culture was good.
Pros
Learned a lot
Cons
Working at BP was a pleasure. The Company was great to work for and the culture was supportive and good to work in - I really enjoyed working there until the company downsized
Pros
Wonderful culture -and clean offices
Cons
None I can think of
Competitive environment but also great team collaboration. Th e work/life balance is great. able to use my skills. the company strives for diversity and very much cares about their people.
Their main asset is their people, on the whole an excellent group of individuals. The personal facilities are excellent , work environment relaxed and productive.
Pros
Workforce
Cons
Moved you around quite a bit no time to settle.
Gained experience, outgrew role without other opportunities. Good salary for this area. Work life balance is difficult given work. Very little ability to impact change, large company
Pros
Salary
Cons
Work life Balance, Advancement
Very strong British Cultural work environment - required many layers of approval to get most work accomplished, not as flexible or "quick-on-the-draw" as it could have been, missed many opportunities in the U.S. due to this reactiveness, or lack thereof
Pros
Very well compensated, strived to be a very collaborative workplace.
Cons
Complex chain of command, always having to "check with London" before moving forward on may initiatives
Good exposure to working in an inclusive diverse multicultural environment. The workplace culture is friendly and offers flexible ways of working. My commute to office was great.
My time with BP was a great experience. My direct line management was probably of the best I have experienced throughout my 20+ year career. Equally team colleagues were a pleasure to work with The salary and benefits were very good and no doubt very competitive in the market. Work/life balance was good as there was flexibility in where and when I put my hours in - within the constraints of each project/assignment. As a contractor I didn't have the same privileges as employees - as you would expect - but nonetheless, I felt a part of the team. The work was challenging, especially the M&A work, but very engaging, offering plenty of personal development. As a global business there was opportunity to travel and expand cultural awareness.
Pros
Work environment; pay and bens; direct team and management
Cons
Strong cultural and political dynamics to navigate
Fun work place with supportive management. Not all about the numbers but how you personally grow and develop. Decent amount of red tape and politics, but this is expected of a big company. The most enjoyable part of the job was working alongside my colleagues and learning from them. There was a lot of variety in what I did each day, ranging from the monotonous tasks to new projects that were challenging and exciting.
The people are great and very willing to offer assitance in an area where you may need help.