Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 26 2020

BP Employee Reviews for Retail Sales Associate

was great place to work
BP was a great place to work, was extremely busy and I was again given the opportunity to learn lots of new skills and love customer facing roles.
Could get 2 shifts a week on the contract.
Pros
company discounts
Cons
Busy and not well managed
For minimum wage they require a full 8 hour work schedule. Although, due to manning levels, day shifts get 30 minutes lunchtime, night shift of two people are busy all the time with eating on the job.
Very poor
Good pay, but management is tyrannical and has its favourite staff who do get better treatment. Good people to work with apart from the managers. Breaks not adhered to most of the time, due to lack of staff.
Busy some of the time
Some of the staff are very supportive, well educated and have been there a number of years. It can be fairly flexible if you want to do a certain amount only.
Management Needed Work
It was like doing the work of a 10 people. I was the cook, the janitor, the cashier and I did inventory. There was always drama and the owner was tone-deaf, in another country and uncaring. They still owe me a check but the manager that hired me no longer works there
Alright
It's alright if you like to be stressed out all the time, and have rude customers, managers 3 off them are fantastic to work with but the actual manager isn't great to work with, if you have no social life at all than this would be a good job for you, and disappointed bit is that you have to pay your lunch out of your wages, the pay is okay, and basicaly you get paid and half of your money hose BACK to bp, they only good thing is you get a free car wash each month and that it. Try and avoid all cost
Pros
Cons
Long hours, no free food, waist
Well balanced and enjoyable
the work place was very different as theres always new customers coming to deal with, also with different problems makes it very enjoyable and not boring to deal with the same problems.
part time
job was as would be expected for a petrol garage, this actually closed at around 11pm which was good as this meant we didn't have to work though out the night/early morning, I preferred that as it meant personal safety was better.
A very bad place to work and the boss is not great to work for its not clean the people that work there are on drugs or sometimes don't show up to work
Nice work small shop
Good customer services working team bakery quick selling product on time like doing tolls customer services delivery bakery stocking ordering helping staff serve quick
Fun place to work
The most enjoyable thing about working at BP would have to be the customers and my colleagues they make work so much easy and would recommend anyone to work here
Pros
Lunch allowances
Cons
N/a
Fun people to work with
I enjoyed my time there but if u got on the wrong side of the mangers you know about it, i hate working at night but at the same time i enjoyed it you could always have a laugh with the customers who came in after a night out.
There was never a day the same which was good as it keeps you on your toesw and never know what to expect
Pros
Understanding Area Manger
Cons
no free bees
Friendly Workplace
Your typical day at work would be fairly cruisy, I learnt a lot about customer service here. The free lunch was always a plus as i couldn't really ever afford my own.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Gas station with truck stop
Always did alot of stuff with cashier and doing paperwork with the truck stop with drivers. Met alot of new people and work with them on computer alot
Pros
Good hours
Cons
No health care, Worried about themself
work experience
a two week placement, the people were friendly and nice. the customers chatted and i helped to clean and stock the shelves. i was not able to undertake any work on the pumps or till.
work day
a typical day at the garage was serving the customers stocking the shelves and general household tasks. i also handled deliveries customer enquiries.
Productive and fun workplace
I really enjoyed working there, my typical day of work consisted of unpacking delivered items, general cleaning, serving customers, managing complaints, cash handling, lottery payouts, selling car wash tickets, operation of paypoint and lottery machine .
I have larned how to manage any challenging situation while staying calm and applying the best possible solution. My manager was very supportive, fair and with a friendly attitude. I worked unsupervised for most of the time, and I learned multitasking as well as prioritising duties and working to meet deadlines.

We had a nice, professional work team and were able to communicate with co-workers easily.

The hardest part of my job were busy hours, although it was quite challenging I enjoyed that as I was able to deliver the best customer service possible, and keep the shop nice and tidy. I helped me to stay super focused.

The most enjoyable part of this work were customers and opportunity to chat with them, help them and solve their problems efficiently.
Pros
discounts for employers
Cons
busy environment
fun place to work
A good place to work for. A great team and great management who help with all your needs with a brilliant career path so you can work your way up the ladder.
Pros
half price lunch up to £6 and you get paid for doing your training
Cons
hours are long
My typical day at work is a good experience. I enjoy all my co-workers. I have learned that all people have good days and bad days. Even if customers are upset, may have nothing to do with me. I do not take things personally. Most days are wonderful. Meeting new people everyday.
good place to work, great people, would recommend
good place to work, grgood place to work, great people, would recommendeat people, wgood place to work, great people, would recommendould recommend
Relaxed work environment but not enough challenges.
A typical day a Bp Service Station usually consists of me supervising the store and manning the till while doing small jobs like; bagging fruit, stocking the cigarettes, bagging lollies, cleaning & keeping the food stock behind the counter topped up. I've never had a problem working with Bp although i'm growing very tired of the same routine and no new challenges in my workplace. I've learnt a lot about customer service and how to deal with those tough customers. The management have always been very friendly and always willing to help with any problems to do with working hours or even work in general.
Pros
Nice relaxed work environment.
Cons
Average pay and no real challenges.
1.5K