Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Shift Manager

Shift Manager18 reviews
Like the work but poor pay
Liked my job but didn't have enough pay for the work and had to return early from maternity leave or my position was going to be filled by someone else.
Taught me valuable life experiences
Learned a lot about myself. Taught me valuable life lessons, customer service skills, and how to work as a team. I was always treated like family from management and I am forever grateful for the time, lessons and opportunities that I received while working there.
Bp
This made for a good job and second job for a long time but eventually I outgrew it. They money just is not competitive and new ownership made flexible shifts harder to obtain.
Fun work place
Great place to work and with wonderful people all around you.plenty room to grow and Excel in your job.wonderful company.really understanding and compassionate employes
Pros
Lots of learning
great work enviroment
great place to gain and learn new skills for a career in the field of retail and customer service. friendly bosses and co-workers made the years of work enjoyable.
fun work place
Great for a entry level job, especially if you want to save money and gain new skills along the way. friendly atmosphere and great support from bosses and co-workers.
Great regular and new customers
100% I would have recommended until company was sold. Not very nice new owners and cut in pay if u stayed. Most enjoyable the customers and also customers sometimes stressful. Coffee run in morning definitely kept you very buisy. Did cleaning and ordering of store merchandise Getting change out of locked office. Closing down store when hours were changed closing at midnight responsible for register , money in office,cleaning taking care of all customers, locking door turning off all lights stopping pumps setting alarm being available 24/7 if alarm goes off
Pros
Customers
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Cool company to work for
Great staff and very reasonable expectations from management. The only downside I had with this job had nothing to do with the company and more to do with its customer base
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?
Union environment is ugly
As a manager of the USW, the environment is hostile and unforgiving. Spend more time arguing with Union employees of what the expectations are rather than just doing their job.
Decent place to work
The job is relatively easy, the only difficult aspect was dealing with some patrons who couldn't figure out how to work the gas pumps no matter how simple you made the instructions. Sometimes understaffed on high-traffic days.
Pros
Regular customers makes for a more peaceful and understanding environment, manager was amazing
Cons
Limited breaks when working alone, there was no one to help when a customer was getting out of hand.
what i learned
managerial skills such as communication and elaboration of successes and past times.
accounting / budgeting / kept operationally sound.

managing 15 employees.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
extensive hours.
BP Satlend Review
BP Chemicals Ltd, a world-class chemicals manufacturer, established Saltend Chemicals Park in 2009. Today a number of leading organisations operate on the 370-acre site, sharing an established infrastructure and extensive provision of services, feedstocks and utilities, enabling them to drive down costs, increase efficiency and boost profitability.

Strategically positioned on the banks of the Humber - the gateway to Europe and the UK’s busiest ports complex - Saltend Chemicals Park is a location of world-scale manufacturing, operational excellence and innovative technology.

The site has seen £500 million of investment in recent years and its products form part of everyday life, from clothing to paints, pharmaceuticals and packaging.

A production powerhouse, Saltend offers a reliable and adaptable environment for blue chip businesses to invest, collaborate and thrive.
Not a good place to work
Not a good management, Work loads and not work life balanced. Not enough staffs to cover shifts. Management were always considered of themselves rather than the employees.
Pros
Cons
Long Hours
Great company to work for. BP truly cares for its employees at work and home.
Great company to work for with ample amounts of opportunity for growth and development. I received great on the job training as well as classroom training. Management was very supportive in my career advancement.
Much hours
Lots of hours and wages ok much to do safe area and manager willing to help all time I will work there if I could
Pros
Free soda
Cons
No benefit
Loved the Job
The Guy I worked for sold spice and I didn't agree with it. I ended up resigning
Pros
graet hours
Cons
bad management
Stress Free Job
I loved working with various new customers and enjoyed seeing regulars that only stopped at my station for gas because they loved the service they received. It was a one man show and I loved the fact that I am a good multi tasker.
Pros
new faces daily
Cons
hard to get a break in.
Great location,great company and excellent customer service.
This was one of my better jobs. The boss was wonderful, the clients were great, we cooked great food. Paid vacation after one year. Employees were real supportive of one another including the owner and the management team.
Pros
half price on the deli and free drinks.
Cons
paid vacation, paid lunch time and 2 15 minute breaks