Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Shop Assistant

Shop Assistant10 reviews
Mornings are usually very busy. However, gradually it gets quiet. At noon its crowded again. Sometimes needs you to multi task. Friendly people to work with.
Small salary no life balance and tgey was no support from manangement,when you are a cashier you wait for onother cashier for you to lock out otherwise you are doing double shift.
Great team and management, Regret leaving to go somewhere more local. Good customers and staff alike. Always something to keep you busy, only thing I can criticize is when doing a till shift you are the only one on till so can get painful standing in one place.
Pros
Discount on break
Cons
Typical day is an 8 hour shift. Usually nights. Serving customers. Dealing with customer queries. Always available on till when ever there are customers, usually all the time as its a very large and busy busy petrol station. At quiet times giving hand on the shop floor with filling shelves.
Pros
flexible
Cons
night working
My view on working with at the BP garage was good because I got to learn own to do things I didn't know how to do before and I got to experience working with great people and I also got to experience what is like to be working and supporting yourself.
Pros
half hour breaks
good team when I worked their. Very busy at times, so good time management is key. Also knowing you local customers/ regulars is helpful (remembering faces).
I worked for only 3 months in BP and managment wasnt very good i should have been working for 4 nights on 4 nights off and i was lucky if i got 2 days off.
Great place to work, time doesn't go too slow, good benefits, great team to work with and a healthy wage as well as time off, poor management, management doesn't really know what theyre doing but other than that, yeah its okay.
Pros
50% off lunch
Cons
Poor management
I was sometimes having problems with the manager at the Sheffield Branch but did like working for them. The Company was OK
It was a shift work, 2 till 10 but didn't finish till well after 11pm cash handling,making sure the float was correct at the end of my shift. management and co-workers were ok their was not hardest part of the job it was all enjoyable because i was learning