Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Store Manager

Store Manager54 reviews
The store closed that is the reason I left but they did not pay well or pay time and half for overtime. I worked alot of hours and minimum days off. It was a fun atmosphere but not enough pay.
Pros
all the hours I wanted
Cons
pay very low and no overtime pay
I work at the RSB site of the British Petroleum Company in Iraq in the province of Basra ... I work as a supplier of oil extraction materials ... I worked for a period of no less than seven years..before my entry into the field of oil companies..I used to work as an Internet provider in Iraq. I work for 5 years..I also worked in the field of home furnishing with electricity for a period of 3 years. I worked immediately after graduation ... I speak English, medium level ....
Pros
Collaborate at work
Cons
Sometimes unfairness
They will never raise your pay how good you work or even if you work a lot.No benefits no bonus.They will never see you helping them. Don't give proper time to eat food even though you have to work 12 hours a day.
Was hard to have career progression unless you have a degree.. Across the table expectations was never the same for all Site Managers. Would never work for them again.
Pros
Nil
Cons
Was never appreciated for the hard work
Its a decent company to work for. The culture is getting better, the pay is decent. No major benefit package. Long hours to work. General Management depends on the store.
The higher level of management for this company is great at the time that I was working were amazing and great. However, they are no longer in that level or working for the company
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
lack of emloyees
I liked the job just looking for better pay, the job requires u standing the whole shift doing inventory, every Wednesday the truck come n drop off the inventory.
Privately owned store, worked 16 hour days with no sign of relief, no help from managers at other stores, no help from business owners to maintain store. Store is now closed.
I'm all about customer service and equal employment. It was one of my second favorite jobs ever. It was a pleasant atmosphere and a very positive place to work as I'm all about leading by example
A typical day at work was from an early start by preparing the site with a verification of fresh coffee, cleanliness, well stock ready for business, during the day was stocking, front facing products, looking for out of date items and out of stocks Enjoy a team work leading my employees for the best needs of the store. Learned about Ordering in a different system, a new gasoline system. The work place culture was Safety, Cleanliness and great customer service. The hardest part of the job was the no show or tardiness of an employee and customer complaints. The most enjoyable part of the job was the satisfaction of the customers by offering the promotions and the best value daily.
Cons
Shot brakes
Worked for this company for 17 years and thoroughly enjoyed most of them. However over the last few years there have been changes in area management replacing excellent managers with great people skills with bullies who seem intent on getting rid of experienced managers in favour of younger candidates who they can bully and intimidate. Particularly true in the Midlands where there is a cluster of area managers mentored by a senior who can only be described as a playground bully of the worst kind. Any grievance raised will be swept under the carpet.
Pros
Great store teams
Cons
Poor head office support and area managers
Working for Bp was the same every day managers are expected to be in at 6 am every morning and finish later than you are rotated in to this has very work life balance if you have a family
Pros
50% lunch
Cons
long hours for mangerment
I love the job, Managing the place is a hard task ,this is 4 business in one roof. Fuel ,Cafe,Food snd Branded. To get all this right we have to plan everything by the day.
Pros
we are all one team
Cons
sometime performance manage
Enjoyed working for Bp Oil. It was a learning experience that I can use through out the rest of my life. They were great about training and always available when i needed any help
Pros
great learning experience
Cons
No work life balance for new management trainees Lovely people to work with but they are so focused on policy that they forget that not everyone comes from a petrol station .
Good place to work, nice environment, a safe place to work, keeping the company standards and in compliance with the state and federal regulations, and a very educational training
Pros
You manage your time
Cons
No breaks
I managed the store. I showed up at 4 am and most days didn't leave until 4 or 5 in the afternoon. I did payroll,scheduling,inventory,ordering,just didn't have any help or support from owners
I work there for 4 years and 8 months I was the store manager. I was the one train every new employee I did orders stock and cashier and I ran the place
Pros
no free lunch
Cons
no health care
Shift work, usually 8-10 hours. You would be involved with orders, deliveries, training, office paperwork, customers and tills, Wild Bean Cafe. You would be responsible for audits, HSSE, HR issues and rotas, external reps. I enjoyed all aspects, the hardest part was the extensive paperwork, the most enjoyable was the people and team spirit.
Pros
Pay, bonus, discounts, staff fuel card
Cons
Hard to get any extra days worked, back.
There is no morality or work life balance. The company has no structure in place for his new employees. The hardest part of the job is that you work 24 hours with no support system.
Higher management are meant to treat people fairly and have values and behaviors that should be adhered to, unfortunately this doesn't seem to happen.
Pros
Great teams
Cons
Long hours, no work life balance. No chance of progression.