Here to help
Coronavirus update

bp Employee Reviews for Team Member

Team Member9 reviews
Its an ok place to work if you have no kids or if you are married. Not very flexible for single mothers or for daycare limitations. Good coworkers and friendly environment though
An overall good experience. Depending on the area, some customers can be quite racist but usually, that was not my experience. The hours are quite tiring as they are from 6am-2pm 2pm-10pm and 10pm-6pm which means that some compromise has to be made. Management was great, they listen to your input and problems efficiently. The hardest part of the job is wearing steel-toed shoes as they are heavy and should only be used for people on the shop floor (but that is not the case). Also, making mistakes while authorising fuel pumps is easy because you have to serve customers at the same time. The most enjoyable part is meeting nice coworkers and free coffee to get you through the shift.
Pros
15% off food
Cons
Awkward hours, difficult customers
The pay was nice at £8.25 an hour but the staff and management are not very nice. The staff who are on the same level as you seem to form a hierarchy, putting the new ones at the bottom and treating them badly. The management have no regard for this, they just care if the job is done.
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
Rude staff and management
working at work place is very unique experience, always creating a positive and relaxed work environment that meets high demands. This helps to grow up ability and skills both technically and professionally.
Pros
good management support and family culture
Cons
only issue is want to explore new place
I got team playing experience and skills. I studied more of how to use software in interpretation and analysis of data from the field. I developed more better report writing skills.
Pros
Knowledge sharing
Cons
No transportation
Management is really poor. Should be multi cultural work place. The Manager tells lie to the boss about the other country employee. as he wants to recruit people from his home country.
I had worked at this store for a few years; my last year I was trying to get any job in IT, working at BP to fill in the time. This was a change for the good. It was easy to learn everything and I had a strict time-frame to follow. You could avoid any duty when bakes/waste were due. However slacking off was not an option as there were consequences that could involve health and safety. My shift started at 6AM, however to commute meant getting up at 5AM. Being an insomniac, this meant sleeping an average of 3 or 4 hours every day then getting into work and jumping straight into a -18' freezer. An hour later you would be preparing food items for baking at 250' while churning out hundreds of coffees in between at one of the busiest cafe's in the country.
Pros
A bit of freedom
Cons
All the usual for a food preperation role
- Serving customers to the standard prescribed by the business - Dealing with cash/credit and debit card payments - Entering all of customer purchases into electronic equipment - Stock replenishment – from delivery to the stores on pallets to the shelves - Checking stock sell by dates and rotating, so no loss of income - Wearing correct protective clothing for each task – ie entering freezers - Carrying out dynamic stock checks and raising orders to managers using correct electronic paperwork and following procedures - Preparation of beverages taking into account health and safety requirements - Taking part in promotions, to expand further business - Dealing with customers face to face and on the telephone, who can be irate due to store being busy - Dealing with minor customer disputes and referring to a manager if the situation needs to be escalated
Pros
15% off anytime, 50% off break
Cons
Not challenging enough
Visited facility in Wheeling, large place. Good work on the competition, bringing very capable panelists.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at bp?