BP Employee Review

manager was a jobsworth, constantly on tills
Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  BasildonJuly 6, 2016
always stuck on tills dealing with RUDE "customers"
hardly ever on shop floor, tills were dull, boring & repetitive & I HATE standing around all day and I have always been better on the shop floor

my back started playing up and I couldn't move as quick/hardly at all as everyone else & my store manager KNEW this and asked me to do the crisps so i did & because I couldn't get it done within half an hour he snapped

"it should be done by now! your plodding at your speed, if your not going to go at our speed then i'm not paying you!"

I didn't fit in and it always felt like everyone had been talking about me when I appeared, they would look at me, smile and walk off

I never learnt anything as I as always on tills
There was no enjoyable part of working there
Pros
discount
Cons
jobsworth manager, constantly on tills, RUDE "customers" constantly

Other BP Employee Reviews

BP is a Challenging and productive place to work
Maintenance strategy Execution Regional Lead (Former Employee) –  AzerbaijanFebruary 24, 2020
BP is an exciting and challenging place to work. There are many opportunities for career advancement and management are generally very supportive. The overall reward package is excellent with a great pension, share schemes and performance-related bonusses.
Serious problems with "presenteeism"
Engineering Officer (Current Employee) –  VariousFebruary 24, 2020
Used to be a relaxed but productive atmosphere. Change of management led to problems with micromanagement and increased paperwork/reporting with no benefits. Money is good but there has developed a problem with people having to appear to be busy even when there is nothing to do.

51.5K