Bay Ltd.

Bay Ltd. Employee Reviews

Ok

Would like to see management be more organized and do what they say they are going to do. To many times I've seen employees being promised certain things and management either brushes it off or say they'll let us know when they don't. Overall the work is fairly easy if you know what you are doing. Pay is not as competitive as other companies.

If you like dealing with high school drama…

One thing you’ll notice about my resume is longevity in my jobs. I was at my last job for 12 years. The one before, 7. I was at Bay for a whopping 5 months. I loved what I did there but when you work in a toxic environment and leave work in tears most nights, there’s a huge problem. Even though the pay is actually a slap in the face, I would have stuck it out longer. Unfortunately, the drama was far too great.

Jealous and hateful

This company has foreman’s that backstabbed,disrespectful to the employees and lie about people when your not ,a family member of the bosses,when they make mistakes and they blame the welders for the fitters and bosses they bring in.And they give you the back if you don’t take responsibility for their mistakes

Pros

Cons

Sorry personal and liars

Poor management and working conditions

They have no sick time and benefits are not the best. Management is not trained and do not treat employees with respect. Poor communication and working conditions. Does not pay well.

Decent Company

When I first started working for Bay it was an alright place to work with good hours. As time went on it got worse and worse. You'd think length of employment would mean something to a big company but if someone hired in that knew someone they would bump you off of your job to put friends in your position. Other than that it was ok.

Either a ton of hours on the road or fighting for hours at the yard

You are on the road a lot and the per diem is barely enough to cover a room for the night. If you spend multiple days on the road you end up in the red paying for hotels. Then if they are slow you stay at the shop and have to pretend to be working on something or they send you home making you fight to get 40 hours for the week.

Pros

Loved all the truck drivers and crane operators

Cons

Bad management, terrible pay, they don’t care about family

Good environment to work at always has work

Good company to work for it’s a very fast pasé job good ppl to work with learn a lot always try to give u a hand in whatever u need safety is always a must everyone looks out for each other helps each other out at all times

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Low pay

good place, fluctuating amount of work opportunities . Not enough help in learning new skills especially crane operating from co workers

Generally good place . Safety important. good co workers and team spirit. need your own initiative. Not enough people willing to teach newbies crane operating. their used to be a big problem with are you a member of the click. There still is that problem just some what improved

Work

Love the job that i do, love the people i work with great team. Just like any other job has good days bad days, to me is what you make off it, is my craft.

A great place to work

I have been working at Bay for twelve plus years with Bay and it has been a blast. The people are for the most part fantastic and the work day goes fast. I am looking forward to many more years with the company.

Pros

The veriity of work and the people

Cons

Some long hours at times

keep you busy

steady work for the most part youll stay busy only thing i didnt like was some foremens wanted me to do more then i was paid to do but didnt wanna give me a raise to do those things.

Pros

hours

Cons

do things not paid to do

Bien

Muy bien te dsban consejos i trataban de cuidar s todos en las juntas

Pros

Muy bien se asi loq ponian i lo desian bien

Cons

13 i un dia de descanso

Absolutely nothing

BEWARE!!!! If you enjoy low pay, constant drama, deception and backstabbing this is the place for you. Owners and Management love to create drama and chaos. If you’re an employee with a high level of integrity, you won’t last long.

Pros

Can’t seem to think of one

Cons

Poor leadership, management and horrible work environment

Great company

Bay is a good company to work for if you meet their expectations. A lot of advancement opportunities and recognition from management. If you work hard for them, they will do the same for you. You have to know how to thrive under pressure to be successful here.

Pros

Flexible hours, advancement

Cons

High turnaround, high stress environment

South and East Texas regional work

Small and medium size projects. Refineries and power plants. Minimal millwright work. Majority of work is piping, welding and crane/rigging. Quality of project managers and supervision is generally lacking due to nepotism and cliques.

Pros

Steady employment if willing to travel

Cons

Planning and quality supervision is lacking.

close knit groups,

bay tries to keep you working as long as possible, when one project ends,they try and place you elsewhere on another bay ltd project. past employees get hired first.. past employees used to be priorty hires walk in show your bay badge , go to front of line immediatly

Good pay

It’s a very high paying job but very dangerous you work in the open no protection from sun at all!! you work under pressure you’re always walking on eggshells shells not knowing when your last day of work will be if any of your welding comes back not good you will get terminated without previous notice at all!

Pros

Good pay

Cons

Short break no place to eat ate cold food

Bueno

Bueno buen entorno de trabajo y muy buena compañía

Its all about who you know in the company

If you dont have connections in the company you will get nowhere. Worked 20 years doing personal things on the clock for people above me only to have them turn lay me off for personal reasons.

It was fun and productive

It was a good atmosphere. I learned a lot more from good people. The pay was good and so was the benefits I would work for them again if I had the opportunity .

Company who will never change

Chain of command is a joke with Bay. One of the most low paying company out there. They expect and demand a lot, but when it comes to payday you will be shorted out. There’s answer will be you will be paid until next week and that’s if you keep bugging them for the money they owe you. Anyone else who says otherwise is a liar and brow-noser.

Pros

They always have work.

Cons

You will always be short on your check. Company needs to change from their leadership down.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Bay Ltd.. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits