Black & Veatch

Black & Veatch Employee Reviews

Large international company

Black & Veatch is an international engineering firm. It handles many levels of construction/infrastructure engineering. The job positions below engineer are not designed to allow growth.

Ambiente de trabajo bueno

Son muy accesible en cuanto a trabajo y familia respecta. Siempre pendiente a que todo empleado esté a gusto

Great professional people

Great professionals who work at the company but you will be grinding from 9 to 5 with a very slow pace of advancement. The projects can be interesting from time to time and boring at other times.

Keeps you busy, good environment

People were very friendly, although not the most social office. People were helpful and there was enough work to keep you busy. Overall good place to work.

Good office, good team works and management, and also good works system.

- A typical day at work : ( safe and Compatible )- What you learned :( Project system and team management )- Management :( professional, strong and downright )- Workplace culture :( 3R = clean, tidy, concise )- The hardest part of the job :( get a client who is a little less concerned with the importance of qualities)- The most enjoyable part of the job:( Inspection, Testing and Correspondent )

Pros

Free Transport ( Dedicate transport by Car for work operated )

Cons

1 years

Good company and nice people but way to much overhead.

The company pays hourly and give vacation fairly, the work from home concept they have down and works great. There are to many “matrix managers” you feel like your under a thumb constantly which is no fun. But I put up with it because the work from home and pay is nice. No bonuses which sucks for all your hard work. I mean even 500$ would be an incentive to keep working hard through the burnt out periods at the end of the year we all go through. The insurance is a bit pricey for this size company. Expect about 600 a month for a family. Esop is nice overall it’s better than most places, but it’s not as good as those great companies. They need a restructure fast, quit micro managing people who are proven and educated to do their jobs. Because they will leave. We are all adults and can do what we are paid for if they don’t, then cut them.

Pros

Work from home-only reason I stay here

Cons

To much overhead cut the fat save money.

Low compensation/high expectations

It’s either you’re an extremely high performer or low, to keep compensation down. Company is not for old outsiders (unless you’re a genius), otherwise, the best company for interns and new grads. The typical non-discrimination, good ethics, with equality and equity that corporations like to preach. How true????

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Long years to be fully vested in 401, low compensation

Slow paced company

there are a lot of smart people but manager micromanage a lot. Some of them dont lend a helping hand. somedays there was a lot of work and on other there was not enough work.

Pros

Free lunch coupons

Solid place of work

They offer flexible work schedules such as 9/80 scheduling that allows every other Friday off. The offices I have worked in have plenty of amenities and are bright and cheery. The people and culture there is very positive overall.

Valuable Summer Internship With Good Work/Life Balance

Their summer internship program is very well structured, with loads of events for the interns. Plus, the 9/80 schedule is super nice. The only downside was that there was definitely slow work weeks.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Black & Veatch?

Good office atmosphere / Feel like a number

I don’t feel like BV offers much career advancement within but my time at BV definitely helped advance my career to what it is now, just not with BV.

Pros

Strong team

Cons

Too much red tape keeping you from doing your job effectively

I liked the job

I liked the job Job working in the kitchen was fun I liked there cookies the manager was nice some co workers weren’t it was interesting and fun I hoped that everyone else who works there have better co workers

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

Only worked there for a yeaty

It was alright

Management wasn’t the greatest and wouldn’t treat you with the respect you deserve. The job wasn’t hard but a lot of the processes didn’t make sense.

Pros

Pay Hours

Cons

Productive and fun place to work

Excellent place to work. Management is terrific. They care deeply about professional development. Great benefits and very positive work environment.

Good people, decent benefits

Work with good fair people for the most part, healthcare could be better. Deductible is higher than what I would expect for this industry. Bonuses could be better but they pay is decent.

Good work life balance

BV has a good work life balance with flexible work schedules and WFH available. Unfortunately there are a lot of politics and not everyone is working on a common goal.

Pros

Flexible work schedules, benefits, employee development

Cons

Politics, no clear sense of purpose and people are not working on common goals

Contract hire for a frustrating project

Worked as a contract engineer for over a year, never asked about becoming a full time employee. A direct quote from the department head, “we expected a much higher turnover from the contractors” knowing how frustrating the project was. In general the people are great, it’s just that there was no job satisfaction because of the nature of the project.

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

No job satisfaction

Great Company - Good People - World-class

Working at Black & Veatch was great. I really could not have worked for a better company right out of college. If you work hard, you get rewarded. If you don't, you don't and you'll eventually get laid off. This creates a good culture, embraced by most of the professionals who really want to do good things in life.

Pros

Great Career Opportunities - Meaningful work

Cons

Culture can be a little old-school and over-conservative

It was once a great company

I loved working for this company right out of college. It provided me many benefits, good pay, and the opportunity to move around throughout the organization, country, and even internationally. 10 years of great experience to build my resume. Unfortunately, the culture has become toxic and if you aren't with the "woke" crowd you will quickly be terminated and blacklisted. Good company to work with if you are willing to tow the liberal line.

Pros

Ability to work in a variety of locations, strong safety culture.

Cons

Keep your mouth shut, even in your personal life about your political leanings.

Okay for a beginner

Compensation is poorLearning depends on the projects you work onI have seen toxic environment although a lot of other folks are very good and supportive

Pros

Few amazing people to work with if you are lucky!

Cons

Expect engineers to draft their own drawings

Terrible place to work

Greedy manipulative company on consulting side, with poor unfocused management. Engineering side is ok. Avoid consulting if you care about your career and your integrity

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Black & Veatch. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.8 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits