British Council

British Council Employee Reviews

Kuwait9 reviews
A typical day at work includes organizing the classroom and making sure everything is ready for the Teacher in order to make everything go smoothly, welcoming all the students when they enter the class, making sure they understand what the teacher is telling them, translating certain words in order to ensure they gain knowledge.

I learned how to interact with co-workers and students in the workplace and to take responsibility for my actions.

The hardest part of the job was to make sure the young students stay in the class and make sure they're safe at all times.

The most enjoyable part is being able to make sure the students understand the topic and correct their mistakes without causing them to feel that they did something really wrong.
It was competitive and interesting to work as a supervisor
the environments their is amazing and i do prefer to get anew chance with better salary but i loved all the employees their except the Kuwait BC manager
The workplace is professional and the staff is always approachable. A stressful workday can be easily communicated to the management and staff are supportive. The hardest part of this job is time management.
Pros
Healthcare
Cons
No Doubt, British Council Kuwait is one of the best company to work with. One must really get to know the culture and environment of it.

Most enjoyable

Best colleagues and management
having a great experience working at the British council I've learned a lot of things like dealing and communicating with customers and reaching to a satisfying point for both the company and the customer
the hardest part of my job is the long working hours and the most enjoyable part is working with friendly and sociable people .
Pros
discount
Cons
short breaks
The most enjoyable part of the Job was meeting new people and working with a culturally diverse team.The hardest part of the job was during the busy regiisstration period.I learned how to be more accepting and understanding towards people from other cultural backgrounds and beliefs.
you learn how to manage time and you learn how to handle pressure situations and finish off a given task with the time provided...
the British Council is a cultural body that represent the United Kingdom in the host countries with over 109 centres all over the world.

I loved working for them, I was so proud I was serving a govermental body that represent the United Kingdom in Kuwait
Pros
Continuos learning environment
Cons
N/a