CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

fast pace and productive
Very adventurous and fast pace. work days long, with needed breaks. The hardest part of job was leaving .Most enjoyed the daily challenges. I learned various procedures which helped my advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
CGI is an amazing place to work. The people are down to earth the management is on point. If you can get all the CGI federal stick with it. Great benefits, great pay, willing to work with you to make your life simple.
Excellent Company
Excellent Company. Excellent Salary. Coworkers very nice and professional.Managers are very fair. Working OCONUS was a great exsperience.Transportation and housing provided.
Pros
Excellent Pay
Cons
Long Hours OCONUS
CGI Federal
I work in Kuwait for CGI. Dealing with Corporate--CGI verses CGI--Kuwait was like night and day. Corporate CGI seemed to be more helpful and knowledgeable in there positions. CGI-Kuwait for the most part was one of the better companies to work for on Camp Airfjan due to the wealth of knowledge of its employees. The management staff on the other hand was politics as usual. When it came to policy, if you don't know them, management would use their authority to make your employment with CGI difficult.
Pretty Good Company
The company treat people good and fair. They take care of the employees pretty good. Not the greatest vacation accrual but depends on the contract. Overall I have been pleased with them.
Pros
Raises annually
Cons
Big on IT field
Allways a productive day.
Love working in the Logistical field at CGI. It has been a wonderful 5 years with this company. Have met wonderful people who have a sense of purpose and direction in this company.
Secure Military facility
I really enjoyed CGI. Even though we did work in a secure environment, it was quite normal to see us having potlucks for lunch, and celebrations for birthdays. We spent a lot of time in a small work-space, so we made the best of it by talking to each other about business or personal. I worked hand in hand with 3 different contract companies, with never any issues. Any questions or concerns that I had we met with Kindness, and appreciation.
Pros
One hour lunch
Cons
No access to outside, until off work
CGI was a family orientated work place. Always looking to improve in any way possible and always ready to train employess to move up in the company.
I enjoyed working with CGI and the people. There was room for advancement and they always tried to prepare you for corporate American being that we did things different overseas.
Pros
cross training with the company
Cons
working outside during the summer was extremly hot in kuwait
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CGI Group?
worse place to work
With ITT employees don't equally enjoy the benefits and opportunities for advancement. However, management was always ready to assist with any issue that involves an employee and stay with it until completed to the satisfaction of the customer.
Excellent place to work with great opportunity to advanace within the company
I really enjoyed the atmosphere an the cohesiveness with the people to share their knowledge of the job. When I first started I was regular employee I was afforded the opportunity to advance within the company into a leadership position.
Pros
Great health benefits
Cons
In my opinion I seen no cons
Great Company
CGI was a great Company to Work for. The Company has great benefits and retirement package. Just as any contract organization it's a hustle.
Pros
Great working Team
Cons
Short Contracts
Everchanging
Managing the accountability of the army equipment in the LMP and AWRDS database.
Very fast paced high skilled environment with the ability of adapting to change. Due to various mission with the military
A typical work day would consist of a 12 hour work day 30 minute lunch, with a 15 minute shift change at the start of shift to discuss what the mission for that day would be. The learning experience was great, I learned to operate under pressure with multitasking various missions. Management seldom had a solution when problems outside of the normal operation arose. My co-workers were very helpful with working as a team, we would always challenge one another to become more efficient. The hardest part of the job was not meeting a specific deadline due to a system being down which would lead to a backlog. The most enjoyable part of the job would be building a good working relationship with my team and making sure we made the job fun yet productive.
Pros
Working outside of America with the opportunity to experience different cultures
Cons
Working 72-84 hours 7 days a week for a year at a time before receiving vacation
Interesting and constant change.
The daily task can variate to the different missions that are required per the government. Day to day task and management skills are required in order to adjust to those changes. Co-workers or my employee's are striving individuals that look for success and completion. An every day challenge is accepted as a task that will help you grow. The hardest part of the job is dealing with the weather.
A good overall company that keeps getting bigger...
A government contractor, hard to get transferred from overseas position back to the US
Wonderful Experience
The knowledge I gained I was able to apply to my current position .