CGI Group
How has this company responded to COVID‑19?
Learn more

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,883 reviews
Very adventurous and fast pace. work days long, with needed breaks. The hardest part of job was leaving .Most enjoyed the daily challenges. I learned various procedures which helped my advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
First, the company had a contract with Medicare to investigate fraud. They hired a lot of us for the job then one day we have a conference call and they tell us we are all going to be unemployed because they didn't feel like bidding on the contract again. We had 3 months to find new jobs. They should have told us all this upfront so we could have made an informed decision to take the job or not.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No flexibility
Where should I start? Promotions are not even based on skill set but rather who sucks up and who managers like. People that are actually good at their jobs get passed over for promotions feels like high school.
Pros
benefits good location downtown dc
Cons
too much favortism lack of good pay for the work done
They have a lot of projects, but definitely have the worst working environment. There is always micro management. People have been appointed as managers with no domain knowledge. All they do is keep track of your coffee and bathroom breaks. There is no appreciation whatsoever. If you do not speak french, you'll always be treated as an outsider. They hire you for one position and start billing you for multiple projects. There is pressure from multiple projects and they make sure you do not have even 1 hour of peace in the whole day.
Great Company to work for, fast paced environment with supportive management. Very innovative, chance to work with customers from multiple industries.
Productive and fun working place. Good Job environment with Work/Life Balance and Job culture. One of the acquiring masters in the market. Mature and strong management. Overall one of the best places to work in Bangalore.
Ma pire expérience de travail, plusieurs team leader et senior toxique. Beaucoup de harcèlement. Quand on parle rien ne change. Boys club qui tente de faire croire qu'ils sont inclusif envers les femmes et les minorités.
Cons
Ambiance, absence ressource humaine, harcèlement
Ik zat in een team met een wel erge dominante architect die er niet voor terugdeinste om je uit te kafferen als iets hem niet aanstond.
En dan is "respect" een van de kernwaarden van dit bedrijf....
Pros
Groot bedrijf
Cons
Groot bedrijf, mannen in pakken
Career options are very less. Management is slow and highly bureaucratic in nature.
very less opportunties and unreachable management team. No encouragement for lateral joiners.
My experience of CGI UK IT has been fantastic, from interview to being tasked with clients and management. They are people focused and look after their staff well and would personally recommend them to anyone.
Pros
People management
Cons
Would recommend, and hope they prosper going forward.

Work was intense at times, and I needed to be flexible, but enjoyed their work from home ethic
Have no complaints, have been working here for 3 year, starting as an intern. Pay not be the same as some competitors, but plenty of things to learn and great community.
Fun place to work. I have developed lots of new skills that improves my career goal. The co-workers are very helpful and friendly. I see my future career growing in this company.
Das komplette Fehlen von jeglicher sozialen Verantwortung.Frauen werden grundsätzlich diskriminiert: Die Diskriminierung von Frauen reicht von sexueller Belästigung am Arbeitsplatz bis zur Kündigung bei Eintritt der Schwangerschaft, respektive Kündigung bei versuchtem Wiedereinstieg von Müttern. Sollten eine Mutter dennoch einen Wiedereinstieg schaffen, dann bestehen grundsätzlich überhaupt keine Aufstiegschancen. Ist das Kind behindert, erfolgt die Kündigung der betreffenden Mutter umgehend. Darüber hinaus werden Mitarbeiter mit anderer Hautfarbe, ob männlich oder weiblich, systematisch aus dem Unternehmen gemobbt. Stimmt die Chemie zwischen Vorgesetzten und Mitarbeitern aus irgendwelchen anderen Gründen nicht, werden den Mitarbeitern Dinge untergeschoben, die in jedem Fall eine strafrechtliche Verfolgung nach sich ziehen, um somit eine fristlose Kündigung zu legitimieren. So etwas wie "Corporate Social Responsibility" existiert in diesem Unternehmen leider nur auf dem Papier.
Pros
Mitarbeiter-Events & Ausstattung des Arbeitsplatzes
Cons
siehe oben
It was a good company but wish had more direct contacts with like HR. My supervisor was great and the teams I worked with were great but wish we also got promotions or raises. No direct career advancement is why such a high turn around in contractors.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, no raises, no promotions
Work is Slow paced, you get to work on Legacy Technologies , not much New technologies project available . Work Life balance is there, Management is clueless how to go about the old tech and get new projects in new technologies. More of a Off Shore delivery/Support work
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Slow paced, no direction on how projects need to go forward, legacy tech
I came into this job excited and happy to start. Your introductory week will be great, simple, and you will feel welcomed. Once you formally join a project things will go downhill. They are heavily into favoritism, and management does not like to help you. The Employees who are friends and vaction with managers are not held accountable for their mistakes, take 2 hour lunches almost daily and do what they please while their work is given to others. Some employers create a hostile work environment with he way they speak to coworkers and management, yelling, name calling and threatening even. Rather than management taking action, they take the abuse in fear loosing their job.
It is a good place to work however very competitive environment and heavy work load. The management respects the employees. Flexi timings, open communication, Good exposure to technology. Overall I’m satisfied.
Well managed workplace with good opportunities for advancement, unfortunately business unit was sold to a disorganized company. Personally, I consider management to be more important to job satisfaction than many other factors.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
reorgazational issues
My time at CGI was awful and literally not the most amazing memory for me.

If you are looking for an entry level job then look no better than CGI but do no make this as a long term job. CGI has a motive towards having high turn over of staff, not protecting staff enough from bullying in the workplace and if you don't have any management looking after you then you will be eyed upon by management who will continue to berate you for the way you perform and also nit pick at every little thing that you do.

My memory was filled with a lot of bullying, being picked on despite deliverance of projects, they never once looked after my mental health and instead decided that the best way for me to suffer was to be shouted at. The only downside for me was not to report it to the right individuals who I may say do exist but its sad that the atmosphere there is that unless you know people, then you do not have a long term future there.
Pros
- Certain people will make you feel part of the team.
Cons
Management approach to bullying staff members
j'ai vraiment apprécié l'équipe et l'environnement de travail.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at CGI Group. Our community is ready to answer.
1.1K