CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,926 reviews
Very adventurous and fast pace. work days long, with needed breaks. The hardest part of job was leaving .Most enjoyed the daily challenges. I learned various procedures which helped my advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
My internship with CGI has been a perfect example of "Learning while doing". I worked as a HR Associate and got on opportunity to get my hands on all the core HR functions. And ultimately, the internship wouldn't have beena success without the eternal support of my follow team members and mentors. My time here shaped me as an HR Professional, boosted my confidence andcommunication skills communication skills
Good
Cons
Working for CGI in the beginning can be a very positive professional challenge for any individual, however as time goes by you really start to learn the in’s and out’s of how things work, around there, and then you start to notice how much favouritism there is within the senior leadership team. Your job is never secure if you’re not high up on the totem pole and even then you’re at risk. You will always feel that uncertainty as to when/if you will be replaced. Some of the senior management at CGI can be fair when it comes to workload and expectations, but they are few and far between. With favouritism, politics, and the lack of leadership there I’d say look elsewhere. In way of salary; it’s low for what you’re expected to do. Work life balance is average, but I also know that people have accumulated so much vacation time because they’re never given an opportunity to take time off because the job just won’t permit it = work overload.
Pros
Client events
Cons
Professional growth, salary, work life balance, work atmosphere
work culture is good. Team is supportive and manager is very nice and understanding. The only concern is that they pay less for the no of experience you have,
Je recommande pour l’ambiance et les équipes qui sont vraiment chouettes. Cela dépend des projets mais généralement il y a une ambiance assez décontracté.Cependant on est toujours sur le qui vive concernant les échéances de livraison, ce qui peut être très anxiogène au sein de l’équipe quand la date fatidique approche. Les documentations n’existent pas toujours et il n’y a ps toujours quelqu’un de dispo pour vous aider. Aussi, il y a peu de possibilités d’évolutions et de devenir technique si vous n’êtes pas sur un poste technique dès votre entrée (et ça malgré les promesses à l’entrée).
Pros
Ambiance, parts CGI, mutuelle, carte restau.
Cons
Salaire en dessous de la moyenne, pas de réelle possibilité d’évolution
Même après 20 ans d'ancienneté je ne peux pas choisir mes vacances L’Espace de travail très restreint en dirais un couloir
Pros
Pas grand chose
Cons
Bureau inconfortable et à air ouvert tout collé les un avec les autres
Been with CGI 9+ years, In CGI i am learinng lot of things in turms of technical, all these years i have seen wonderful people working with me as a team member and all my Line Managers were really supportive. Thank you CGI.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
Manager do partiality to certain cast and religion
I am pretty satisfied working woth CGI...For freshers its a nice opportunity to work in CGI as there are a lot of things to learn from basics of database to handling real time issue's.
Working for CGI was great. I had a great supervisory/management team on site. HR/Employee services was always very responsive and helpful. The benefits were great (unlimited sick days). However, when the contract we were on was coming to an end they strung us along saying they would find us positions elsewhere in the organization. They sent us job listings, had us submit resumes and other information, sign up for this that and the other thing, put us in email contact with hiring managers and stood up transition web sites. All communications and efforts stopped dead as the final days of the contract approached. No email responses, no returned phone calls, transition sites were taken down. It was complete radio silence. They completely abandoned us. For this reason, I will never work for this company again.
Pros
Unlimited sick days
Cons
It was contract employment
First, the company had a contract with Medicare to investigate fraud. They hired a lot of us for the job then one day we have a conference call and they tell us we are all going to be unemployed because they didn't feel like bidding on the contract again. We had 3 months to find new jobs. They should have told us all this upfront so we could have made an informed decision to take the job or not.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
No flexibility
Where should I start? Promotions are not even based on skill set but rather who sucks up and who managers like. People that are actually good at their jobs get passed over for promotions feels like high school.
Pros
benefits good location downtown dc
Cons
too much favortism lack of good pay for the work done
They have a lot of projects, but definitely have the worst working environment. There is always micro management. People have been appointed as managers with no domain knowledge. All they do is keep track of your coffee and bathroom breaks. There is no appreciation whatsoever. If you do not speak french, you'll always be treated as an outsider. They hire you for one position and start billing you for multiple projects. There is pressure from multiple projects and they make sure you do not have even 1 hour of peace in the whole day.
Great Company to work for, fast paced environment with supportive management. Very innovative, chance to work with customers from multiple industries.
Productive and fun working place. Good Job environment with Work/Life Balance and Job culture. One of the acquiring masters in the market. Mature and strong management. Overall one of the best places to work in Bangalore.
Ma pire expérience de travail, plusieurs team leader et senior toxique. Beaucoup de harcèlement. Quand on parle rien ne change. Boys club qui tente de faire croire qu'ils sont inclusif envers les femmes et les minorités.
Cons
Ambiance, absence ressource humaine, harcèlement
Ik zat in een team met een wel erge dominante architect die er niet voor terugdeinste om je uit te kafferen als iets hem niet aanstond. En dan is "respect" een van de kernwaarden van dit bedrijf....
Pros
Groot bedrijf
Cons
Groot bedrijf, mannen in pakken
Career options are very less. Management is slow and highly bureaucratic in nature. very less opportunties and unreachable management team. No encouragement for lateral joiners.
My experience of CGI UK IT has been fantastic, from interview to being tasked with clients and management. They are people focused and look after their staff well and would personally recommend them to anyone.
Pros
People management
Cons
Would recommend, and hope they prosper going forward. Work was intense at times, and I needed to be flexible, but enjoyed their work from home ethic
Have no complaints, have been working here for 3 year, starting as an intern. Pay not be the same as some competitors, but plenty of things to learn and great community.
Fun place to work. I have developed lots of new skills that improves my career goal. The co-workers are very helpful and friendly. I see my future career growing in this company.
  1. Employee Reviews