CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,926 reviews
Very adventurous and fast pace. work days long, with needed breaks. The hardest part of job was leaving .Most enjoyed the daily challenges. I learned various procedures which helped my advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
Das komplette Fehlen von jeglicher sozialen Verantwortung.Frauen werden grundsätzlich diskriminiert: Die Diskriminierung von Frauen reicht von sexueller Belästigung am Arbeitsplatz bis zur Kündigung bei Eintritt der Schwangerschaft, respektive Kündigung bei versuchtem Wiedereinstieg von Müttern. Sollten eine Mutter dennoch einen Wiedereinstieg schaffen, dann bestehen grundsätzlich überhaupt keine Aufstiegschancen. Ist das Kind behindert, erfolgt die Kündigung der betreffenden Mutter umgehend. Darüber hinaus werden Mitarbeiter mit anderer Hautfarbe, ob männlich oder weiblich, systematisch aus dem Unternehmen gemobbt. Stimmt die Chemie zwischen Vorgesetzten und Mitarbeitern aus irgendwelchen anderen Gründen nicht, werden den Mitarbeitern Dinge untergeschoben, die in jedem Fall eine strafrechtliche Verfolgung nach sich ziehen, um somit eine fristlose Kündigung zu legitimieren. So etwas wie "Corporate Social Responsibility" existiert in diesem Unternehmen leider nur auf dem Papier.
Pros
Mitarbeiter-Events & Ausstattung des Arbeitsplatzes
Cons
siehe oben
It was a good company but wish had more direct contacts with like HR. My supervisor was great and the teams I worked with were great but wish we also got promotions or raises. No direct career advancement is why such a high turn around in contractors.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Short breaks, no raises, no promotions
Work is Slow paced, you get to work on Legacy Technologies , not much New technologies project available . Work Life balance is there, Management is clueless how to go about the old tech and get new projects in new technologies. More of a Off Shore delivery/Support work
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Slow paced, no direction on how projects need to go forward, legacy tech
I came into this job excited and happy to start. Your introductory week will be great, simple, and you will feel welcomed. Once you formally join a project things will go downhill. They are heavily into favoritism, and management does not like to help you. The Employees who are friends and vaction with managers are not held accountable for their mistakes, take 2 hour lunches almost daily and do what they please while their work is given to others. Some employers create a hostile work environment with he way they speak to coworkers and management, yelling, name calling and threatening even. Rather than management taking action, they take the abuse in fear loosing their job.
It is a good place to work however very competitive environment and heavy work load. The management respects the employees. Flexi timings, open communication, Good exposure to technology. Overall I’m satisfied.
Well managed workplace with good opportunities for advancement, unfortunately business unit was sold to a disorganized company. Personally, I consider management to be more important to job satisfaction than many other factors.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
reorgazational issues
My time at CGI was awful and literally not the most amazing memory for me. If you are looking for an entry level job then look no better than CGI but do no make this as a long term job. CGI has a motive towards having high turn over of staff, not protecting staff enough from bullying in the workplace and if you don't have any management looking after you then you will be eyed upon by management who will continue to berate you for the way you perform and also nit pick at every little thing that you do. My memory was filled with a lot of bullying, being picked on despite deliverance of projects, they never once looked after my mental health and instead decided that the best way for me to suffer was to be shouted at. The only downside for me was not to report it to the right individuals who I may say do exist but its sad that the atmosphere there is that unless you know people, then you do not have a long term future there.
Pros
- Certain people will make you feel part of the team.
Cons
Management approach to bullying staff members
j'ai vraiment apprécié l'équipe et l'environnement de travail.
Une expérience à faire, cependant salaire pas toujours compétitif
I’ve been there 10 years and there has been ups and downs, more ups then downs. I work with a great group of people, we don’t always get along however we always come together as a team, we have built a great team and became a great family
Pros
Great benefits, free lunches at times, bonuses
Cons
Not enough people who want to work
Ambiance de travail agréable Ecoute de la Direction
If you like being in the same role and retire after 30 years then this company is for you. Not a lot of career advancement but there are a lot of projects you can work on.
Work culture and member engagement are great. Job opportunities abound if one is open and member development is available. Managers are not bosses, but leaders who mentored me into who I am today. Working across the globe is not a problem.
At CGI they really cherish work life balance, and encourage time off and stepping away if a member needs time off or just a mental break. I love the work culture and everyone seems to get along and it's very much a team oriented environment.
No promotions or yearly quarterly raises.there are inter positions but very minimal... don’t make this job a life time career unless your an higher up. Bare minimum pto with no sick leave just lwop.
Good work culture, and they do a good job of hiring for cultural fit. Good opportunities for remote work, but job security can be an issue if your project ends and you roll to the bench and there isn't an immediate role fit available even if you have been with the company for decades..
Superb company to work And lot of chances and opportunities to learn. Good managers and very much supportive to interact within everyone Technology leaders
Title says it all ! Nice to work there, good job culture, management is helpful and very professional. However, the salary could be raised substantially.
I really enjoy working in CGI Edmonton office, it provided a employee friendly environment. I could schedule my daily work with family time in good pattern.
I felt respected, everyone is kind, they have fun, they get work done, and they listen to your ideas and allow you to grow. I was able to develop a proposal to streamline our department and they allowed me to do so. In turn, the department became very successful. Management checks on its staff and there is a ton of benefits working here.
  1. Employee Reviews