CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews

Showing all 2,926 reviews
Very adventurous and fast pace. work days long, with needed breaks. The hardest part of job was leaving .Most enjoyed the daily challenges. I learned various procedures which helped my advancement.
Pros
good pay
Cons
The leadership team at CGI is very confused around what business they are in. They will tell you they are a management consulting company, but the truth is they are a staffing agency. Hires are based on client projects and needs. If the client need or project disappears, you are tasked to go and find yourself a new role. There is limited support or help. Some are lucky and land is long term gigs, but there is vet little effort in member development or helping you get to the next level.
If not for a normal change i wanted to have in my work experience, i would not have tried to apply for a new job. It's fun, collaborative and happy place.
CGI provides contractors for the clients.The employment depend on ability of management to keep relationship with clients to keep projects going, that is not always happened. In my case communication with client was broken.
Been with CGI 15+ years, would love to join back if i find something interesting. Have learned a lot from CGI and have grown as well, all these years i have seen wonderful people working with me as a team member and all my Line Managers were really supportive. Thank you CGI.
CGI Federal is a wonderful company to work for. The work environment is stimulating and supportive. The role requires fast, competent and eager performance.
There are limited opportunities for any type of professional other than IT. The benefits are better than most competitors and work is available with many industries.
I wish management puts more effort to encourage members and give them every chance they need to achieve growth and development. It could have been better if they see the real potential of a member based on skills, knowledge, and quality of work and not just only the production.
Management and co-workers all work together to provide great environment. Work / Life balance is the best I've seen in any company I've worked for. Bad part is government contract. They all end sometime.
Buen ambiente laboral, tener mucha responsabilidad en cuanto al tiempo y trabajo realizado
As this was my first job in Canada as I am an immigrant, it was a good experience. My manager was wonderful and very encouraging. Great supervisors too.
Pros
Good benefits and pay was higher than most call centers
Cons
Rude clients
bonne entreprise j' ai beaucoup appris.. stressant
Les projets que j'ai travaillé étaient intéressants et motivants dans le cadre d'un emplois de stage coop.
CGI place themselves very much as an employee biased organisation, always using the 'Family' analogy and referring to the staff as members. To a greater extent this is true, and is probably one of the stand-out aspects of CGI that set them apart. Your working experience at CGI can depend very much on the line manager that you have, although this could be said of any organisation. I was extremely fortunate in my later time there in that I had an exceptional manager. Less so in the earlier years. Working at CGI is not ideal for somebody looking for an easy ride. The work can be challenging, but as CGI work at the leading edge of some of their technologies this is to be expected. Again, the team experience can be variable, but I worked in a team that operated properly as a team of equals. The senior management team are working hard to ensure this is the norm, rather than the exception. Training is also a huge part of the CGI ethos, and there are plenty of opportunities to extend and upskill. The most difficult part of the job can be the travel. CGI essentially operate two models, an Outsourcing model, where the (say) IT work is undertaken for a large organisation, and the roles are recruited locally, and a project based model where specialists travel to client sites to perform the project work, sometimes for extended periods. Mon - Fri, 250 miles from home for a 6 - 12 month project doesn't suit everyone, so be aware of what you are undertaking. For me, this wasn't an issue. At a higher level, members are expected to be mobile (i.e. travel, not relocate).  - more...
CGI Group is a federal contractor that provides employees for various federal agencies. The agency was the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR). EOIR was woefully understaffed and it was nigh impossible to finish any assigned task due to the sheer volume of work. It was overwhelming and depressing. If properly staffed, it would be a good job.
Good place to start, but they took advantage of lack of experience with low salary, then it was tough to renegotiate once I gained the necessary experience.
Loved it only thing that sucked is it was seasonal. They were very flexible during my time of need. Always there to help on any call. Was tough working from home a week out of training but the support was phenomenal.
L'ambiance au sein du groupe entre consultant est super intéressante. Les missions sont essentiellement autour de projets d'appui au pilotage et conduite du changement concernant des outils informatiques
- Overall organizational structure is very traditional and bureaucratic. - Management is more focused on earning Sales- Revenue than employee retention or well being. - There are frequent lay-offs every year. - Every year, they go for re-structure and it is stressful. - Mid Level management is not transparent in many cases. - Supervisors are not Team oriented, so it's really difficult to Trust management's approaches. - A good place to earn experience, but, Definitely Not a place for a long-term career, as there be the business modality is complex.
there are some very nice people working at CGI. Management sometimes seem to make it difficult for their employees; almost like they want people to leave the company.
Wonderful leadership and learning opportunities. The working hours and the nature of the projects are challenging but it keeps you engaged to learn more. At CGI, the core values drive the members to come together and live the CGI dream.
  1. Employee Reviews