CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews in Belton, TX

Great for a first job out of college, but not as good long-term. Great flexibility and work-life balance; most weeks will be 40 hour weeks with flexible scheduling. Generally decent job security if you're in one of the delivery centers but less security for everyone else. Slower on advancement and lesser in pay than nearly all companies in both the technology and consulting spaces.
The hours were always flexible. If I needed time off to go pick up my daughter I could just make the hour up later that day. If you worked over the required hours in a pay period it would go towards compensatory time that you could then use as vacation later.
CGI is a nice employee driven company that really values its employees. The pay could be better depending on what project you are on as it is a consulting company.
Not too bad. Challenging work. Managers are pretty cool. Much better than other places I have been. But it is contract so you have no idea if you will still have a job in two years
Overall good place to work. Office environment is relaxed. Collaboration is encouraged. Flexible working hours are a bonus. Benefits are pretty average. Management will work with you to find a position you enjoy. Sometimes you can get stuck in a position though if it's a hard position to recruit for.
Great people who work here and love the job. Well known in the community for all the volunteer work we do. Great management team. Family oriented. Flexible hours.
CGI is a great place to work. I have learned a lot about the IT world at CGI. They do offer opportunities for advancement for growth or just learning a new job skill.
The ability to work remotely is a great benefit for those ho are able to take advantage of it. The company healthcare plan isn't the best out there so if that's a huge issue applicants may want to seriously reconsider applying.
Your day to day depends on your project. It can be mind numbing easy, absolutely nothing, or straight up abusive. Some clients are better than others. Management can be nice, but don't expect anything more than a 1 or 2% raise a year no matter what.
You will work like a slave for a very low wage. They are big on hiring a lot of college graduates and paying them bare minimum. For example, I was on a team of about 25 and 17 were junior level employees, 6 were mid-level and we had one senior level person. The good thing is CGI will send you to a lot of training. The bad is when your contract is over you sit on the bench and unless you are selected to work on another project, you will be played off. If you were a senior on one project, you might have to take a mid-level role once your project ends. There really in not a lot of stability. Again, the pay sucks.
Pros
Training, work culture
Cons
Pay, job stability
CGI is a great company to start for after college. The people are very friendly and always love to hep you with any work you need. The company culture was great. Highly recommend this place.
Pros
Work life balane
Cons
The salary
I like the weekends off. they wont negotiate on pay. You could be here today and not needed tomorrow. I work at the service desk and I feel like I am at the bottom of the totem pole and there is no way to advance.
Overall, I would say that CGI is a great company to work with a lot of flexibility and a culture that cares about their employees. Team culture vary depending on what project you are on, but everyone I have been in contact with in the company was always very helpful and kind.
Pros
Work Life Balance, Great Co-Workers, Opportunities to Learn
Cons
Healthcare seems lacking for company size, Compensation can be lacking compared to industry, Promotion path very ambiguous
This is very good work environment but the only issue is for people who have been working for this company the pay scale is not correct. Good for kids out of college.
Pros
Got benefites
Cons
Pay
Workplace culture is great, everyone is relaxed for the most part. Many roles you can play in your career at CGI. You have to speak up to get what you want, if not, you will be placed on a project you have no interest in. Work life balance is really great! However, pay is low for my area. Discouraging to know that despite getting Exceeds Expectations on your review you still get a a low salary increase every year. No incentive to want to do better if that's the case.
Cons
Terrible pay for my area
A diversified culture, aging from 20 to 60+. I learned about different types of contract. The management is good, they will work with you on work schedules and appointments At least one a month the company would have something for members (fun and family time BBQ's, movie nights, bowling nights, catered meals in the office). It can be a fast pace environment. The end of month is always stressful, all the clients want their contract processed and expedited 1st and quick. Mandatory overtime is often at the end of the month.
Pros
Free coffee all day and fresh fruit in season, management working schedules and appointments
Cons
Mandatory overtime, the amount paid for the amount of work requested
I worked from home and it was amazing. Great IT assistance and communication. Lots of meetings to ensure flow of communication and project status. Very busy and quick environment.
Secure tech job with great Work/Life balance as they allow employees to work from home. No opportunity to advance and management skill varies wildly. Some managers have all the time in the world to micro manage while others are so busy with meetings you are lucky to get minutes of their time during the week.
Pros
work from home
Cons
hard to advance
CGI is a great company to work for. The hardest part is staying organized and making sure you follow up with all projects. The easiest part is getting along with other members and sharing ideas.
CGI is a very fun, relaxed, but hard working company. All team members are very helpful and friendly. No matter what issues you may be having, there is someone there that can help. CGI is an all-around great place to work.
- Typical work hours were ad-hoc as we provided 24x7 network support for our customers - Learned much about leadership, time management, diverse work cultures, and working with multiple engagement teams to solve problems - As a part if CGI, I was able to progress into management as an assignment manager. The management structure of CGI is excellently structured for the business they conduct - Co-workers and team members were an excellent part of the work community. - The hardest part of my job was also the most enjoyable part of my job which was the challenge of coordinating across multiple groups, learning technical solutions in short time frames, implementing solutions, and customer satisfaction.
Pros
Health care, flexible work hours, work remotely, cohesive work environment