CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews in Columbus, OH

Good place to work and be part of a big company. They have many different branches around US so work can fit your needs if you can contribute to its growth too.
Don't work here. The pay is low and the required hours are long. There is no job security. Jobs are sent off shore. No bench time with no work available in Columbus.
Cons
Pay, hours
See review for Mapfre. Interaction with CGI was minimal , and did not intrude on activities with Client. In general CGI is pleasant , and has reasonable expectations. CGI has a 2 week benchtime which highly threatens stability.
Pros
Good opportunities
Cons
Risky stability
Our client was an insurance company and our projects were based on changes that needed to be made for new product, making processes more efficient, or fixing issues found. The people I worked with were extremely cooperative with each other and worked to get things done as a team.
Pros
The people I worked with
Cons
Having to get projects in without enough testing
Just what you'd expect from an off shore consulting firm. Dysfunctional management out of touch with delivery, low quality development staff, minimal benefits. No advancement after Senior Consultant. Wants to leverage your work, your ideas, your contacts without compensation or credit. 25% turnover in our BU last year, estimated around 50% - 60% in India.
Pros
Better than unemployment, I guess
Cons
Management, business model, internal tools (like time reporting)
Work environment isn't terrible, but professional advancement is minimal and the benefits/pay are middling, at best. Aside from the above, my experience is that CGI wasn't terrible. It's a good place to start your career, but I don't recommend staying long.
I have learnt so many new things and also the work environment is also very friendly. The only issue which i have is with less salary and apart from that i don't feel any other draw backs.
CGI is great place to work that has the perfect balance of individual and team environments. Most projects are done individually. But when it comes to bigger projects, a team setting builds a great work atmosphere and ensures all members do their part at bringing the best out of each other.
Opportunity for advancement to a certain point. Was able to travel and make my own hours. Had to look elsewhere for advancement.
This is a great company to work for if you can find a position that meets your needs in terms of salary, growth, and development.
Pros
Decent benefits.
Cons
No professional development opportunities unless you are a member of management or IT.
A typical day at work consists of taking phone calls from irate customers, who often have outlandish stories. One of the perks that keep the job interesting and never a dull moment. At the same turn, the calls can often be stressful and make for a long a day. My coworkers are great and I appreciate the lack of micromanagement.
Pros
Great group of coworkers
Cons
not much room for advancement, terrible raises, dwindling more costly benefits/perks, non flexible hours