CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews in Fairfax, VA

This place is a decent place to work. Not too different than any other workplace. There are opportunities if you are interested. I enjoyed working there. There were some exceptional people, and some, not so much.
Pros
Casual
Cons
Sometimes unorganized
CGI promotes cultural diversity, information technology, electronic filing, and data entry. It also promotes excellent quality and control through proper employees selections and providing extensive training.
Pros
Rewards employee with incentives annually
Cons
The employees are mostly contracted and not direct or permanent employees.
If you’re ambitious and hard working, this is the perfect company for you. The culture and flexible environment enable individual innovation more than most large companies.
Pros
Flexible work environment
Cons
Transition to executive leadership is clique-oriented
Lead design architecture focus on Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) capabilities, provisioned cyber security solution between diverse technologies component across critical agency infrastructure to enable reporting for federal and agency dashboard platforms.
Productive environment. Supportive management. Employees work as a team. Affinity group activities help to feel appreciated and supported. Benefits are great.
Your experience at CGI could vary widely, based upon your work location and function. Some people who work here are satisfied with their jobs, others are not. Generally speaking, I fall into the latter category. At most times during recent years, upper management places a strong emphasis on cost cutting and minimizing all expenses. This, unfortunately, goes beyond the expected areas like business travel or small perks. Raises are essentially flat, and so are bonuses - though they have never been stellar anyway (1%-2% raises, and $1000-$1500 bonuses). They used to provide a small stipend for those working remotely to cover expenses - around $100 per month to cover printer ink, paper, internet connections, phone, etc. They've also stopped that practice as well. If career growth is important, you may want to consider other places. Most of the people I've worked with for over 8 years have stayed in the same position, with the same title, performing the same activities. Other consulting firms have more defined career paths, with clearly articulated expectations. In many cases, management seems uninterested in working to help grow people and their careers. This is unfortunate as I've seen some very good people leave the company because of this. Many more are quietly looking for other opportunities as well. I'd really like to say that I like working here, considering some of the flexibility that some positions (like mine) offer, but I can't. Had I to make the decision to come here, knowing then what I know today, I would have pursued other options.
Good work environment with great benefits. People are treated with respect and given opportunities to grow into higher level positions. Primary focus of company is profit and all decisions are based on maximizing profit even at the cost of employees.
as a Quality control specialist I was able to move constantly meeting with Customers and staff to make sure that all out contract responsibilities were met
little room for movement within unless you have a job offer elsewhere. The organization will do what they can to move you only once you tell them you wish to leave.
With CGI, you can expect good work life balance and management that cares to have your professional and personal needs met. The only downside would be the compensation, which I've found is significantly lower than the industry standard without much ability to negotiate a raise. Very inclusive and community based culture.
#1 employee desire was job security according to a poll I did when I took over a team of 40+. Executive management doesn't get that. Frequently left members hanging with regards to what opportunity they would have after a project completed. Employees that knew the application in and out, no problem. Those on the outskirts that performed support roles might find themselves on the street when project finished. This company doesn't reward loyalty.
Pros
Flex time, Wfh
Cons
Loyalty, job security
The place looks so cool to work. Good office environment. Strict on timings for contractors. One of the best companies in the US Software sector. Colleagues are awesome
You need to fight for yourself in this company, they won't go out of their way to pay you extra for hard work. If you are here for more than 2 years and still haven't got a major raise, it is time to go.
Productive and fun workplace Excellent opportunities for growth and work on new technologies, it is given me enough scope to enhance my skills in angular
My typical day at work is well balanced. The team I work with is very supportive and easy to work with. The experience I've gotten at CGI has helped me tremendously.
CGI culture: In nurturing our ownership mentality, we always seek the best equilibrium between our three stakeholders, our clients, members and shareholders, while being a caring and responsible corporate citizen in the communities in which we live and work.
good place to work.work culture is very good. People or coworkers are friendly and encouraging and always helpful. The drawback I see is that the 401K can be better as compared to other places.
Great company to start off at after college. You'll learn a lot. I've been here for almost 4 years. I really enjoyed my first client which I had for my first 3 years. It is a little difficult to switch projects if you are not happy at your current one.
CGI has seemed to change over the last 4 years. While teams and projects seemed to work closely to create new innovations, it seems that leadership is no more focused on the bottom line. CGI struggles with new innovations, ideology and overall direction.
Company culture is awesome. Environment is good and helpful. I’m working on java backend side API services side. Experience with sonarqube and agile methodology.
Poor benefits, 24*7 work load, poor management, most developers do not have appropriate technical skills. Management is counting on a few key resources with the applicable skills to do all the work