CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews in Lafayette, LA

Inflated sense of what company is capable of delivering. Good people but aimless management. Poor training options for technical folks. If not for CGI's massive presence it brings to new opportunities, your average small startup would eat their lunch in delivering lean, well-written solutions if given the chance.
Pros
Good place for new hires fresh out of school to learn the ropes...
Cons
Horribly organized intranet for employees to find what they need
I was very excited to take the job because the pay and experience was better than anything I had in the past, however I learned about some of the realities of being a contractor employee. There is a definite lack of training and support. I thought I'd get training, but I didn't get the guidance I needed.
The salary is very bad and they want to squeeze you till you are exhausted. The softwares they use are very old and even the benefits are not good. I made a huge mistake working for them.
I enjoy working in an inclusive environment. The people at work is what makes this place so great. I get to share my time with individuals that are all about making the work place excellent.
The contract I worked on had the absolute worse people I've ever worked with in my 20+ yr career. Management was a joke. Especially the "supervisor". Management by threatening is their Moto.
Management are bullies. Your shift changes every week and you have to work a 12 hour shift every other weekend with no extra pay for it. Management constantly micro manages and they are always looking for reasons to write you up. this is a good company to get away from as quickly as possible
Good work culture. management is helpful to achieve your carrier goals. good work life balance . company policies and values are impressive. over all good place to work
I want to start by saying CGI Lafayette has to branches; One Federal and the other Commercial. If you find yourself working on the federal side, you are safe. On the other hand, the commercial side has no adequate management in place. No cultural diversity - you will feel racially discriminated against, and management will say you are overreacting or maybe you didn't understand what was said. A typical day is walking into the office, and people are screaming across the office in Hindi, its either you know the language, or you are left out. The hardest part was communication - finding answers to your questions it never possible. The manager would not know what project you are working on and so they restrain from providing any assistance. The work-life balance is none existant - more like work work work, and they require you to bill them for 8 hours. I would not recommend this place to my worst enemy; it will mess you both your physical and mental health.
Cons
no management, no cultural diversity, no room for growth
Be sure to keep your head down and avoid offending toxic coworkers. Management can’t handle internal conflicts, and doesn’t trust employees to work without a babysitter present. That said, it’s a huge company with lots of locations and project groups. Your mileage may vary.
Pros
Low standards for entry, easy job
Cons
Have to work with some insecure people and some with very little technical training, Management doesn’t trust employees to get work done without a babysitter.
Super uncoordinated hiring team. No skilled management in the mid level managers that understand skills and skill placement. Not in touch with their own personnel.
CGI is a good company to work for. Coworkers are friendly and helpful. Truly a team work environment. I would recommend CGI to anyone looking to start in IT
CGI is a very loose organization. Working in different departments can be vastly different from Dept to Dept. I wasn't particularly happy with the projects and department I was in, but other departments were great with other people telling me they thoroughly enjoyed their jobs.
Political environment, much better collaboration then other work places. job force is young and learning new technologies through collaboration not through training.
Pros
unlimited sick days
CGI is a consulting company, with hundreds projects active at any given time, and dozens of office locations. I can only really speak for the federal projects at the Lafayette, LA location. The benefits are fantastic, and the people are wonderful, but the work is often very unengaging. You would have to truly try to be fired from this job.
Pros
Benefits, Stability
Cons
Unengaging
This is an amazing aggressive company, which definitely have many clients, and know how to make new clients as well. The only issue is an individual career is been ignored for the client billability.
The most mismanaged and disorganized place i have every worked! Deceitful, during the hiring process. doesn't explain the job in full. Job morphed into a call center job staring at a monitor all day.
Cons
Work culture is good. Many things to learn here. Many techonologies to learn and to explore. Offshore work and onshore work is properly shared. I would like to work for this company.
- Great work environment - great compensation - very professional - lot of extra activities - fun to work also focus on staying up to date with technology
I have been working at CGI (More than a year) Pros: Great environment, very helpful, intelligent coworkers, very friendly enivironment, work life balance is great with flexible schedule Cons: I don't have any at the moment maybe a faster way to move up the ladder.
Brought me in on a job and within 2 months hung me out to dry with bogus information, I heard they also let go 14 others in this screwup. I was lied to by my supervisor.
Overall a nice company to work and advance in IT career beginners and medium level programmers Little exposure to new technologies Benefits are good except for Health insurance
Pros
Benefits and perks
Cons
No fixed sick leaves