CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews in Portsmouth, NH

It's a fair company to work for. Benefits pretty good. I have no other comments. It's okay work,rewarding to give the customers what the need. It's a desk job,which I am not comfortable with.
They don't keep their word on compensation. Promotion is from who you know not what you know or performance. Layoffs are. Random without 2 week notice. They treat federal workers with compassion and respect and make is sit through meetings praising promotion and compassion of federal workers and disregard contract workers.
Pros
17 hr wage to 20. Insurance is Cigna 401
Cons
No in house human resources for 400 workers. No promotion no respect.
If you have a flat tire be to work on time! No vacation or sick leave. Once you are targeted they will eventually get you out. Once I had an altercation with a Supervisor I was called out on any incident when others around me were not.....brown nose your super. Loved my job and co workers, though the supervisors and up need yraining
A good place to see how our wheels of the government actually work but a problem is that it is so big on personnel that you're treated like an unknown animal and the direct supervisor fo not encourage anyone, you only get called if you did something wrong.
This company will hire anyone, they play favorites, will abuse you with harassment, of false accusations, no union, no opportunity for advancement, horrible dumb, stupid incompetent mangers and supervisors, they don't know the job or understand how to respect or reward, it's all about production, no sick leave, vacation or leave is 1.54 hours a week. No rewards or bonuses, dirty filthy unsanitary work stations that are rotated all day, backstabbing co workers, and you are only spoken to when you make a mistake not when you do a good job. No organizing, you are belittled on a daily basis, co workers are rude and miserable, lowest morale I have ever seen. They were just investigated by the OIG, now desperate to hire since they lost 30-40 people due to abuse by co workers and managers. Do not waste your life and time you will gain weight, become unhealthy and be in a sweat shop like atmosphere. You are policed and watched on a min by min basis No salary is worth that I am glad to be gone.
6 yrs without a review or wage increase. No respect or recognition for long term employees. Poor health insurance policies and annual bonuses. The job itself is enjoyable but the environment is tough because people are very upset with CGI for taking 8% of the night shift differential away.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
management
The work itself is not bad and easy to meet numbers, but the pay for 2nd shift employees is not worth it to only make 30 cents more than 1st shift. Hard working employee who consistently makes goals every week but doesn't get anything for having great reviews and making numbers. Very difficult to move up and make more money.
Pros
Not stressful work
Cons
compensation, healthcare Cigna not good
You are expected to be at your station ready to work exactly at the time your shift starts. You are not supposed to leave you station for the day until the exact time your shift ends. Your are required to report what you have done within the hours you have worked.
contract employment is the worst as no one cares about you as the employee. wages frozen for years, terrible morale, very poor upper management. no room to advance whatsoever so be prepared to stay in the position and pay rate you got hired at for the length of your career at cgi.
Pros
federal holidays off
Cons
everything. pay, management, benefits, morale, paid time off pathetic, no sick time
I responded to one of CGI Group's ads, and was pleasantly surprised by the prompt phone interview and was 'conditionally hired'. It was all downhill from there, as you had to jump through hoops and wasted hours to apply for the government job. After two months with no reply, I presumed that they had simply not picked me; but three months later, I was informed the truth was they had not gotten the government contract. Given the runaround and lack of a job, I would advise anyone not to waste your time with them unless you are desperate, or enjoy tediously filling out forms.
ok place to work. my coworkers make the job the best part of the day