CGI Group
Coronavirus update
Information from CGI Group:

CGI Group Employee Reviews for Analyst

Analyst10 reviews
Management is weak. No real connection between employee and employer. Also they operate in a Mafia style way; all managers know one another and if one does not like an employee there is no way he/she will be promoted. Lots of old blood in the company.
Pros
Look above
Cons
Look above
The firm needs to focus on establishing new markets and getting new accounts.
It should invest in training to be future ready

Should be employee friendly
i would be glad to work for my ex-boss anytime.
the corporate culture was weird, there was always the undercurrent of tension of jobs being at risk, the off site location i worked at was stressful in a different way. it was federal employees against contractors. i was a contractor, in general the federal employees were rude, and disingenuous. i always knew that if i made a mistake, they would get me fired. eventually the contract ended and i moved to another state.
Pros
my boss was the best
Cons
there was too much stress to be a healthy place to work
The three men who were the overseers on that project that i was on were very calm and balanced in dealing with events and circumstances that came up regardless of the nature of the issues being remediated.
Pros
fair and balanced in handling people and tasks
Cons
just a little too biased toward those with higher educations, tended to make it a we/they environment
All kinds of projects such as government, bank, retail etc. People change job quickly in CGI. Flexible working hours and work from home option in special case.
CGI provides a good work/life balance. I've worked in several different roles and been promoted within the company. Overall, CGI has been a great place to work!
Too much politics and favoritism. There is no chance of advancement. No chance of a long stay either.

Poorly organized and poorly qualified management.

Management do not like people who are innovative or think out side of the box even though the company claims they want people like this in their company.
Pros
Health Spending Account, Share Purchase Plan
Cons
Severe micro-management, unqualified management and leadership.
Installing mainframe products for clients. Supporting clients, and debugging client problems.
Please refer to my resume for courses I have taken and what I have learned.

As I montioned above the people I worked with are the very best, they are helpful and frinndly.

The hardest part of the job was being on call.

Go to work every day.
Reported to multiple layers of management ie., Senior Consultants, Supervisors (1st and 2nd line), Managers, Vice-President). Immediate supervisors not familiar with specific work but were mainly administrative. Communication one sided and ineffective.

Everyone focused on protecting their own jobs.
Pros
i enjoyed the specific work.
Cons
more beaurocracy and layers of management then the federal govt.
CGI is very hands-off when it comes to management and leadership. They claim they are committed to retaining good employees and helping you advance in your career, but so far such commitment to employees hasn't been shown. I truly do care about the company, our image, and our co-workers and always excel in my position but no reciprocity has been received from CGI. However, if you are a problem employee, things might be different due to certain legal concerns and you might actually get other opportunities within the company. Don't care to give a more thorough review or explain any further.
Pros
nothing