CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews for Business Analyst

The management is super nice and accommodating but the job just wasn't for me. The workplace was very inclusive and that is one thing I love about the company.
Great for a first job out of college, but not as good long-term. Great flexibility and work-life balance; most weeks will be 40 hour weeks with flexible scheduling. Generally decent job security if you're in one of the delivery centers but less security for everyone else. Slower on advancement and lesser in pay than nearly all companies in both the technology and consulting spaces.
Committed to delivering quality results to the client and providing employee satisfaction by tendering to their needs. Management is good and clear in their vision and align with the goals and value
This is a Excellent IT Service company! Great company to work at, with many opportunities to work on interesting projects and grow your career. Great place to work
Overall good place to work. Office environment is relaxed. Collaboration is encouraged. Flexible working hours are a bonus. Benefits are pretty average. Management will work with you to find a position you enjoy. Sometimes you can get stuck in a position though if it's a hard position to recruit for.
Great company to start off at after college. You'll learn a lot. I've been here for almost 4 years. I really enjoyed my first client which I had for my first 3 years. It is a little difficult to switch projects if you are not happy at your current one.
Good place to work. The management is ok. The atmosphere is quiet but it's hard to progress. Management is not really willing to help you improving. However and overall, it's a good place to work.
CGI is a good Company and got the opportunity to learn on various technologies. CGI is having more support projects than Development. Management is good and Company policies are also nice
I’m sure CGI itself would be an OK place to work, but every contracted position is different and as a business analyst, the project lead made going to work miserable. Didn't know answers to any questions and very obviously showed favoritism. Unless you were one of his few favorites, you weren't allowed to have personal conversation and we're not allowed to ask others for help. He will set you up for failure
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CGI Group?
Not a place for fresher who are workholic and looking for new thing to learn. They beleive in working from Home increase the productivity, yes it do but it decrease the team building. Poor employee engagnment which make daily work monotonus. Good thing they beleive in Work that need to be done from where and how they dont care. Family people loves these company as they get more time to spent with their Family members.
You will work like a slave for a very low wage. They are big on hiring a lot of college graduates and paying them bare minimum. For example, I was on a team of about 25 and 17 were junior level employees, 6 were mid-level and we had one senior level person. The good thing is CGI will send you to a lot of training. The bad is when your contract is over you sit on the bench and unless you are selected to work on another project, you will be played off. If you were a senior on one project, you might have to take a mid-level role once your project ends. There really in not a lot of stability. Again, the pay sucks.
Pros
Training, work culture
Cons
Pay, job stability
What a great company to work for! I enjoy working for CGI because they offer great mentorship and benefits for employees. Stock options with matching percentage. Low health insurance costs w/ great benefits. Good PTO!
Good company with good people and a desire to please. Typical days include normal business hours with a number of different tasks to keep me occupied.
Pros
The people
Cons
Pay below industry standard for my position
Typical day at a cubicle environment. Not much going on. Very minor intereaction with the client. The management was okay. Free lunches once a while but nothing really to write about. :)
The company does not value work/life balance. They have effectively cut health care to null. Pay will not increase...and they do not seem to value current employees.
Flexible work environment. Able to telecommute and work part time. Interesting work. Great people. Able to work part time or full time or flex hours when needed.
Good place to work with good people. You learn a lot on the job, and quickly. You can get a lot of good experience here. Company culture is laid back.
Best place to work. Lot of flexibility and employee benefits. Mainly depends on the project you are working. Very good company for Freshers to start with.
Pros
Work life Balance, Flexibility
Cons
Moderate management
Corporate wasteland. The management here is the worst I've ever seen. Non-supportive, just waiting for you to make a mistake so they can kick you down. And at CGI, when you are down, they kick you 40 times harder. Toxic - get out while you can salvage your mental and physical health. My physical health was starting to suffer because of this place. No doctor could determine why I was sick. When I left CGI, my health started improving. Mind you I was only 40 when I worked there. Not good.
Pros
What pros
Cons
Where do I start
CGI provides access to interesting work and a collaborative environment where you and your peers can make a difference. They have a good reputation with the client and have been working with them for a long time. There is room for advancement for those that work hard and desire to advance. The pay is fair and the benefits are average or above average. The group of team members in Charleston are fairly close and support each other to get the work done. The client is a little antiquated in their processes, but the work seems meaningful and makes a difference. Work weeks are normally 40 hours, but can work more to accrue hours to use the next week to work less (flex time). Management has a genuine interest in your career and will fight for you.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Not near the main HQ office (in Virginia/DC area)
This is generally a good company, with good benefits. Stressful days are augmented by a management-heavy structure, necessitating multiple bosses for each employee and the subsequent confusion which arises. At the beginning of my employment, this firm was filled with employees willing to help each other, all working toward a common goal and a mutual reward. Now, that is no longer the case. The element of fear has arisen due to job cuts and loss of a major client. Mandates from upper management are frequently interfering with the ability of employees to get their jobs done. Our efficiency is frequently compromised by an increasing amount of red tape, which seems largely unnecessary. This firm states it is very Agile. However, recent history would indicate that this not the case. The changing culture, management style and top heavy management structure lead to confusion and stress among employees.
Pros
Flex Time enabled employees to be compensated for overtime
Cons
Too many bosses; very management heavy