CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews for Developer

Good company to learn new skills, to work with new technologies, working environment very cool, good in increments,as well as they will provide regional holidays for regional festivals
As stated above, your overall experience depends on what team you find yourself in. Could be good or bad.Pay is average, and the job is really all about satisfying clients with little consideration for individual team members. It's been business as usual since covid hit + more pressure.
Good to experience with them they try to do the best they can with with you. A lot of freedom To get your job done In a remote work environment. They have a good clients That work well with the company.
Pros
Good people
Cons
The health care could be better
CGI is my dream company and has been with this firm for 3.5 years This is my first job so I personally like this company a lot. It has provided me a lot of opportunities. In the early stage of my career, it has provided onsite opportunities as well. This is the best place to have a stress-less life with a good personal life balance.
Good organization where Employees find Good working Environment and get a chance to learn and improve their professional skills. A supportive organization.
Strive for developer posts Try to balance work and personal life Interview process was not that hard but need to prepare well for it Overall wprking experience was satisfactory
Productive and fun workplace Excellent opportunities for growth and work on new technologies, it is given me enough scope to enhance my skills in angular
Cons: Management is not people friendly, thus creating a toxic environment for employees. None/meager people centric policies, employees are looked at sub-ordinate workers. There is no major incentive for innovation and up- skilling on new age technologies, hence the work becomes repetitive and slow-paced.
Working with CGi is always a great pleasure as it is gud to work with CGI , The culture, work environment will always keep the members of CGI to enhance skills in one and all environments
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CGI Group?
An IT consulting firm. Not a management consulting firm. We became subject matter experts for the government's tools and business processes. Good work/life balance. Good job security. You have to be exceptionally terrible, inefficient to be fired. The overall compensation is good considering salary, 401k match, and stock purchase plan. I thought the insurance coverage was bad.
Pros
Security, Life Balance, Good Team/Coworkers
Cons
Advancement, Bureaucracy, Management/Leadership
It's not hard to find yourself so comfortable that you become stagnant in your career growth. Not a lot of push to advance yourself professionally. You have to be your own cheerleader.
Pros
You can find opportunity if you look really hard.
Cons
You shouldn't have to look that hard.
Nice place to work, good organisation, benefits are more compare to other organisations, pay structure is good. Each employee gets shares every month..
CGI is nice place to work, friendly environment, pay structure is good, thats it, having fun at work, thats it. Nice to work. They give shares as well.
Nice organisation, facilities are good, they used to give shares as well. I wouldn't leave CGI if I wouldn't come to London. Even Capgemini is also a very good organisation.
Management has no real IT experience and cannot run an IT shop. Management often have many certificates but have no experience in project lifecycle, refuse to listen to experienced personnel and often upset the client with inadequate timelines and bad plans/designs.
I started my professional career at CGI. Overall, I did have a good tenure there. The biggest complaint would be compensation. It is lackluster compared to alot other employers, On the plus side, if you work hard, it is recognized and is rewarded with advancement.
Good work culture and planned organisation . Good for freshers. Environment is nice. Team leads are professional in behaviour. But long working hours is not good.
Cons
• Worked with Business Analyst and Business Users in requirements gathering phase actively cataloguing and supporting various issues and providing their solution. • Involved in Designing, Developing and Testing of the ETL (Extract, Transformation and Load) strategy to populate the data from various source systems feeds using SSIS.
1. Did 2 shifts continuously ( 18 hrs officially) and working on two P1 and one P2 issue with Business at the same same time. 2. I have learned how to work as a team, how to interact with Business/ Clients, gather information from business for estimation or any requirement. Prepare a technical and functional document for Business. 3. Management is also one of pillar of any project. All deliverable should be go on time. 4. All co-workers are very helpful. 5. We do everything in the project means from Estimation( requirement gather from business) to Go Live. Like prepare document, attend meeting with business, Testing, provided them solution, Doing estimation for any enhancement. 6. Enjoyable part is working on an production issue with in time limit and doing coding etc.
It was a friendly environment to work without pressure. Very good job culture. Good cooperation and helping mentality among the employees. Feel like working as family.
It is good opportunity to learnt and to develop you as a leader and new things especially new technologies and new things and working culture and facilities are good