CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews for Managing Consultant

CGI is a great company and I enjoy working for them. The one downfall is they want you to sell something before you build it versus build then sell. This is a downfall in my mind as the building is hurried and not vetted out.
Pros
Great work life balance
Cons
Proximity Model, means if you don't work where you client is you are always fearful for your job.
Work is Slow paced, you get to work on Legacy Technologies , not much New technologies project available . Work Life balance is there, Management is clueless how to go about the old tech and get new projects in new technologies. More of a Off Shore delivery/Support work
Pros
Free Dinner
Cons
Slow paced, no direction on how projects need to go forward, legacy tech
Wonderful leadership and learning opportunities. The working hours and the nature of the projects are challenging but it keeps you engaged to learn more. At CGI, the core values drive the members to come together and live the CGI dream.
CGI is a very Employee Friendly Company.Nice place to work. Good Work Life Balance. A very Friendly Work Environment. Good mix of big & small project
#1 employee desire was job security according to a poll I did when I took over a team of 40+. Executive management doesn't get that. Frequently left members hanging with regards to what opportunity they would have after a project completed. Employees that knew the application in and out, no problem. Those on the outskirts that performed support roles might find themselves on the street when project finished. This company doesn't reward loyalty.
Pros
Flex time, Wfh
Cons
Loyalty, job security
CGI has seemed to change over the last 4 years. While teams and projects seemed to work closely to create new innovations, it seems that leadership is no more focused on the bottom line. CGI struggles with new innovations, ideology and overall direction.
I started working at AMS in 1996 and then CGI acquired us. It was a great transition and a nice place to work. It allowed me the flexibility to work from home when I needed to take care of my family.
CGI is a good company that is always looking for ways to grow. I have overseen operations and delivery and have helped it be successful. Growth in career can sometimes be difficult as you usually have to wait for a position to open. Benefits are decent but most companies could improve their insurance options. There is usually good opportunity to speak your mind and have your voice be heard. You can own a piece of the company through their SPP. Overall a good learning, growing, and development experience.
Overall good place to work. Constant changes to accommodate business growth and on-boarding new clients makes for an exciting atmosphere. Some projects are managed better than others but corporate is managed well.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CGI Group?
Overall, it's a great place to work, as long as your client has work. Once work is more maintenance, your role is eliminated, with minimal heads up and severance is non-existent.
Pros
Great benefits, great pay, outstanding coworkers. Enjoyed the work.
Cons
More of a contractor with benefits. Once assignment ends, it's YOUR responsibility to find next role. Layoffs abound.