CGI Group

CGI Group Employee Reviews for Project Manager

Students and trainees do well at CGI. Most senior technical staff move from here early. Pay is low. No bonuses. Middle management is terrible. There are worse places to work but there are a lot better too...
Steer clear! Absolutely terrible place to work in the UK. More staff death’s and health issues than any other place I’ve worked. UK business model is simple ‘undercut the competition to the detriment of the service, to win the bid & pass the pain down to the staff doing the work’. If you think you’ll receive management support, think again, you’re just another number! Department managers are poor at best, with Victorian management styles having built their dept empires and final salary pensions a long time ago. Career progression is limited for those that do stay (which tend to be people living close to an office by) steer clear!
Pros
Reasonable share save scheme and pension, if you live to see it!
Cons
Poor work life balance, rewards and work culture. Senior management very poor.
My experience of CGI UK IT has been fantastic, from interview to being tasked with clients and management. They are people focused and look after their staff well and would personally recommend them to anyone.
Pros
People management
Cons
It is a good place to work however very competitive environment and heavy work load. The management respects the employees. Flexi timings, open communication, Good exposure to technology. Overall I’m satisfied.
Good place to start, but they took advantage of lack of experience with low salary, then it was tough to renegotiate once I gained the necessary experience.
Great place to work, financially stable, work life balance, opportunities to grow as per one's expertise in domain or technical areas, excellent culture
I have the opportunity to work with many great team members on a daily basis. The structured work flow and appetite for further learning is prevalent in the workplace.
Started my career in this organisation, it was really a good experience for me due to some personal issue couldn't continue my work. Thank you for the opportunity.
-Warm and friendly work environment -Diverse and mutlicultural -Great work life balance -Very supportive and encouraging leadership -Ideal place for new grads
CGI does not train well and the politics are horrible. Not much room for advancement and they will not take your career seriously. They very much have the "we have always done it this way so we will continue to do it this way" mentality. Every project in their portfolio was over budget and behind schedule.
A tough place to keep a good work life balance. 11 to 12 hour days very common. IT is also hard to take earned comp time when earned. Rejected most of the time. the people you work with are very outstanding. just how the company operates somewhat on a shoestring to make budget numbers.
Good place to work and be part of a big company. They have many different branches around US so work can fit your needs if you can contribute to its growth too.
Fast paced, cutting edge work environment. Self motivated and quick learner, providing dedicated support and expertise to the client's, maintaining positive relationships with co workers.
Flexibility is the name of the company. Enjoyed working with offshore team, Onshore team and client location. The challenging projects made it fun to work.
As long as the work is getting done no one gives much attention if you are working from home/office.But then everywhere there are exceptions. Overall experience been good, the last 2 years of working with CGI and still continuing; this is pretty much sorted. Not to forget this motivates the member to do the job much more efficiently and on time as there is a responsibility of not giving anyone an excuse/reason to question. Eventually this servers the purpose of having a good work life balance that nothing gets implicated.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
When work demands there is nothing called 9hrs job
CGI is a large company with a lot of processes that are out of date and make working difficult. The culture at CGI is one of "us against them". Teams don't work together and there is no feeling of togetherness. CGI only cares about the numbers which leads to a lot of unhealthy work environment traits - ie CGI informs members there is a lot of room for movement, however if a member is trained and good at what they do, it is very difficult to move to another position because of the monetary value now associated with the training that went into that one individual.
Pros
There are some really great pockets in CGI with good bosses and coworkers.
Cons
The business cares more about the numbers then the people.
Good company. Great people. Tend to work very long hours and requires much dedication. Travel is usually required and not much input into location of work assignments.
I loved working for CGI, but I was a college hire so my salary increases were based on a low salary. Great benefits, great people. Seattle is not a huge market for them, though.
Its a culture where productivity and profit making solutions or project is key in this company. The company looks predominantly at profits and no room for innovation that can not be profitable.
Pros
Free dinner
Cons
All Boils down to cost
The corporate office has a lot of new management that insist on making their own (avoidable) mistakes instead of learning from the past. Management has a lot to be desired
Pros
great pay
Cons
everything else
the team building and the management; the quality of assignments this job were very demanding but we had a strong support from the other members. I have learned how to make a good deployment of an ERP