Commercial Bank of Kuwait

Commercial Bank of Kuwait Employee Reviews

Appreciate
I enjoyed work with this most popular bank in Kuwait. I appreciate all my managers and colleagues that they supported me last 7 years.

I learned so much from cbk last seven years.
Cbk
As a client, they dont really know what they want

They change so many times on the creative work

Ask for too many creative options and then they go back to the first option

The client has minimal knowledge of work and the market

The client doesn't understand the time frames needed for production jobs plus they dont respect suppliers
fun work place with supportive and encouraging team
very interactive learning environment, easy access to Direct Managers, very friendly and supportive team. being able to work actively during the core banking system replacement was a very good learning experience.
Pros
Bonus, special bonus, year end gifts etc
Cons
no break, constant sitting (probably that would be the case everywhere)
Productive , friendly staff , great experience
Its a good working place , staff was helpfull and friendly . Gained great experience as i was in touch with labours and company owners . Managers are helpfull
Pros
Fixed timing, experience, managers were helpfull
Cons
Short breaks, daily wages, no healthcare, no insurance
Learn so much and had a nice work experience
Working in this position was a great learning experience. I was tasked with many new areas of work. Loved the challenge of this job. It taught me so much.
Worked in all stations of the Letter of Credit Dept
Work at the LC Dept is a serious work day every day. Timeliness standard is required...Customer service should be of highest quality. Rotation of job stations gives the employees a great understanding of the entire department.
fun loving place
it was nice working in cbk, managers were like friends, the only reason i changed is to explore. i learned about banking. the hardest part was training staff.timings and day off was great.
Pros
free lunches for overtime
Cons
health insurance
payroll administrator
Management of payroll from various different departments. Would calculate any company expenses and issue and required invoices to balance the income sheets.
Fun and Learning workplace
A typical day at work would be coming in at 7:30 am and leaving late due to the amount of clients/customers that come in. Sunday is usually a chill day but from Monday to Thursday it's pretty hectic.

In my time of working in the Bank. I've learned that the information given by the client/customer must be identical to what I put into the banks system because if not the clients money would be returned with a cost that could affect the employer and the client.

In terms of Management, I would say it's a bit vague to say because of the situations we have to deal with from day to day. Almost everyday there's a different situation to how we deal with some clients/customers transfer due to the lack information or new information that they have given. I would say our management is adaptable.

Co-Workers, most of the people I work with are hard workers. However, the rest are lazy and dependent on others to do their work while they slack around or take long breaks.

The hardest part of my job is to keep myself focused and avoid mistakes as the day goes on because it is a very tiring job and as time goes on we get very tired and start to lose concentration to work.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when I get to call a customer and help them in anyway possible to get their transfer done and get appreciated from it. Another enjoyable part is the break time or when someone from our department brings in food for everyone.
Pros
Kind and understanding co-workers
Fun Place to work
Place was very nice and I was working on Core banking project to be implemented in the bank, but it was more a matrix culture, where I had 5 bosses and each bosses were having different ideas, so one boss gets convinced other will disagree
Productive and Team work
My day starts with a tea along witha discussion of how did it go after the previous days deployment. Next he assigns any new job if there is any new request my the users. Else i start with my Project- Central Bank Reporting. This had to do basically with reconcilation of the entire bank modules using Oracle 10g Application.
Planned, organized, directed, and controlled the day to day functions within the organization.