Dar Al Shifa Hospital

Dar Al Shifa Hospital Employee Reviews

At DASH, everyday brings you more challenges, which keep your search engines on for improvement and self-development. Multi-national team, well synchronized together with a solid quality management system to monitor, track and evaluate performance. staff are appreciated and recognized for achievements. On every milestone a gathering is held to celebrate the success as a family and bonus is granted to all staff.
Pros
yearly family air tickets, life insurance, healthcare coverage at DASH, Compensated lunch, yearly increase of 5%
Cons
1 day off per week
Worst hospital in Kuwait! I miscarried multiple times while working at this horrible hospital because of the severe stress I had been through. None of my seniors were sympathetic to any of my concerns nor were they considerate of my situation. My salary is abysmally low. I had to work for 47 days straight with no days off! Senior colleagues, admin, and HR are all horrible people. Stay away from this place!
Cons
Short breaks, low salary, no days off
Dar al shifa has a good work environment, colleuges are the best and seniors are very supportive. It's like a family. When you work there you understand the value of human life and the importance of having Medical personnels and other support staff in the health care industry as well and very much the importance of giving respect even to people working in lower levels in the organisation
Pros
Very nice bosses with caring and open-door policy
Cons
work shifts and salary/growth in the organization can make things unfavourable
It felt like a prison! . The hospital is built to make profit out of people’s health problems. The HR and management are malicious! They don’t care about employees as they see them as servants hired on minimum wage just to squeeze money out of people. In addition, some doctors have a bad reputation of assaulting their nurses in all forms! Stay away.
its a busy workplace where you can experience a lot of cases of diseases and hone your skills in nursing and interpersonal growth. you will learn a lot of things
High pressure with no appreciation, Bad salaries, down grading very common, if you want to leave they make troubles, very malignant HR and administration,
Pros
High rate, opportunity to learn (if lucky enough to have good head of department)
Cons
As mentioned previously
-Stressful work environment with targets -Supporting peers and supervisors -Prompt and punctual salary payment -High levels of standards in Employee health
I worked as microbiology technologist performing regular/routine bacteriology bench work following established standard procedures .This includes receiving accessioning thru Cerner, LIS software’s processing, identifying and performing sensitivity testing on potential pathogens, technical and clinical validation of results and also performs the CAP samples. In laboratory, we all work as a team to provide excellent and accurate result to the customers. Whenever any difficult situation arises, I take it as a challenge and try to solve under the guidance of my seniors and co-workers.
Work was routinary and boring. No growth in terms of career and salary. But my Managers were very kind and understanding. Colleagues were very friendly and approachable.
All what the management cares about is how much money you will bring to their institution! They pretend that they care about the patients welfare, but in reality what they are after is the patients money. . Work environment is not cooperative.
The management all they care about is making money out of their patients. It doesn't matter if the doctors are conscientious or they have the best interest for their patients in their heart.... Also I have heard that they have many complaints with regards to sexual and physical abuse. The complaint was already passed to the management, and the problem still exists.
It was a new experience and learned different cultures amd languages.Improved my nursing skills too.Trained in basic life support and fire management training activities.
Very Professional working environment, very good leadership, very caring owners irrespective of nationality, right place to grow professionally and learn work.
Pros
Financial growth
Cons
internal
Dar Al-shifa its a huge hospital has a lot divisions and I was lucky to work in all division based on a rotation system, this helped me to build my experience
Pros
free lunch
Cons
healthcare
Working hours-Full time:8:00am-4:00pm, Average case load per day-10 to 15 clients, attending clinical rounds, Evaluating, planning and Implementation of treatment, program, monitoring treatment outcome and alteration of treatment program, journal presentation in journal club meeting weekly, presentation of CME/Workshops attended, case presentation and discussion in clinical meeting, field work educator in practice setting, awareness programs, patient education programs, statistics maintenance, and budgeting.
Pros
Heavy discount on food t cafeteria
Cons
OPD timings at night in Ramadan
A day starts with the review of daily reports and a daily facility tour. Management is highly cooperative and works with a clear plan and accreditation. Employees are given the opportunity to involve in quality improvement activities. The management team is highly motivated and focused on improving the day to day operations.
Emergency Deparmtnet in DASH is well orgnized , fully equipped , well educated adn professional team. providing high Quality of medical service for all patients
Here I learnt basic Management skills and gained knowledge about ERP - Oracle. I also got opportunity to learn basic Arabic, Sharepoint, Store Management and Financial reporting.
Dar Al-Shifa Hospital is a very good place for a begginers and fresh graduates because this place is learning the employee how to work under a pressure with a long duty hours (12 Hour/Day ) and the best part of this place is the team-working system.
Pros
Working as a team, Friendly Managment
Cons
Long duty hours (12 H/Day) with work pressure, No breaks
It was new to me the hospital industry when i started my career with DASH. Later i hold the responsibility to led the team . I learned many new things from there it adds value to my carrier
I do recommend Dar A l shifa hospital due to following reasons : 1- strict management in terms of policy and procedure 2- good experience so you can learn a lot of new information 3- career growth 4- good benefits and compensation
Cons
healthcare