Dar Al Shifa Hospital

Dar Al Shifa Hospital Management reviews

Kuwait27 reviews
-Stressful work environment with targets
-Supporting peers and supervisors

-Prompt and punctual salary payment

-High levels of standards in Employee health
It felt like a prison! . The hospital is built to make profit out of people’s health problems. The HR and management are malicious! They don’t care about employees as they see them as servants hired on minimum wage just to squeeze money out of people. In addition, some doctors have a bad reputation of assaulting their nurses in all forms! Stay away.
All what the management cares about is how much money you will bring to their institution! They pretend that they care about the patients welfare, but in reality what they are after is the patients money.

Work environment is not cooperative.
The management all they care about is making money out of their patients. It doesn't matter if the doctors are conscientious or they have the best interest for their patients in their heart....

Also I have heard that they have many complaints with regards to sexual and physical abuse. The complaint was already passed to the management, and the problem still exists.
It was a new experience and learned different cultures amd languages.Improved my nursing skills too.Trained in basic life support and fire management training activities.
A day starts with the review of daily reports and a daily facility tour. Management is highly cooperative and works with a clear plan and accreditation. Employees are given the opportunity to involve in quality improvement activities.

The management team is highly motivated and focused on improving the day to day operations.
Here I learnt basic Management skills and gained knowledge about ERP - Oracle.

I also got opportunity to learn basic Arabic, Sharepoint, Store Management and Financial reporting.
I do recommend Dar A l shifa hospital due to following reasons :
1- strict management in terms of policy and procedure
2- good experience so you can learn a lot of new information
3- career growth

4- good benefits and compensation
Cons
healthcare
Very good management , cooperative stuff , Dar Al Shifa has accredited from Canada and every year they renew it ,every thing was organized and we became first privet hospital who got cardiac surgery license from ministry of health and i was leading the cardiac surgery Anesthesia team.
Was instrumental in designing their hospital management system and integrating with various medical equipment's.

A true multicultural and multi-nationality environment to work in. The hardest part was sometimes educating the users.
Pros
Always on time pay
Cons
Usually a day is like an adventure of life, having so many opportunities to learn & to grow along with the enthusiastic team. The management is so supportive for any kind of initiatives and interests which could be a benefit for the Department and an individual in person. The most enjoyable part of the job is meeting people and understanding them whether they are the team members, subordinates, or the patients; ultimately our goal is to satisfy them with their needs. The hardest part of the job might be you couldn't satisfy everyone but at the end of the day you will be convinced that you've tried at least to make them happy.
Pros
Medical benefits, advancement in professional development
A day in Dar Al Shifa Cath. Lab Department is full of cases. The first operation will usually start at 8 am. Since it would always be a busy day for us, I would directly prepare the necessary things, equipment and sets needed for that specific procedure. I will try to organize things in a way that it will be easy for everybody to do their respective jobs. The management is very good. I have a very cooperative co-workers. The hardest part of the job is that whatever we do to save somebody's life, there are always factors that are beyond our control; that whatever efforts we may invest if it is the will of the Almighty God, everything will be in His will. The most enjoyable part of my job is visiting the patient the following day, seeing them that are safe because we did our part, everything is being well paid of. Doing an ordinary things in an extraordinary ways will make a big difference. That is because you love what you are doing and you simple love your job.
Pros
doing what I enjoy
Cons
Country (Kuwait) is not safe to live in