Deliveroo

Deliveroo Employee Reviews in Bristol

convenient and flexible, but dangerous and de-moralising
The job on paper is great: flexible work, flexible pay and flexible in location.

The company does not care for you and uses the riders as a scapegoat for any issues, similarly the restaurants do the same.

Deliveroo cultivates an environment of constant pressure and job threat.

This environment pushes you to work in the most dangerous conditions, and to ride at the edge of your limits safety wise, to be able to make enough deliveries to make it financially viable.

The 'illegal workers' issue has arisen because of a loophole that the company keeps specifically open to keep riders self-employed from a legal standpoint, so they can avoid having to accommodate for rights that other employment statuses would have.

After using the environmental bicycle image to market themselves, they have been systematically pushing out bicycles in favour of anything with a motor.

A great job, as long as you are aware of who you are working for, and are careful to log enough evidence to protect your job.
Active
You get to choose your own hours,so work/ life balance is not a problem and as a bike couier, you can be on your bike for hours so if you like riding your bike this is the job for you.
Enjoyable
The company is based on profits over people, however if you like cycling then you cant go wrong being paid to ride. I loved the brotherhood formed with other riders on the road. We became a real tight knit group and hung out together a lot!
Pros
Paid to keep fit.
Cons
Unreliable pay
Productive, Active, Flexible
Good for someone who loves cycling and cities! You're on your own, you get to know the restaurants around the city and you can choose when to work. You can stop and start when you need to. Bonuses and boosts are a plus.
This only worked as a short-term solution.
As much as I love riding bicycles, I am without a doubt a very keen cyclist, the lack of any safety net needs to be addressed. I fell off my bike and fractured my femur. Considering I rode for Deliveroo for two years, I was appalled by the despicable cavalier attitude they had towards their disposable gig workers. No support or compensation whatsoever after I sustained a traumatic injury, leaving me with no income, knowing full well that I was on my own with my two daughters.
Fun job
I enjoy working at deliveroo because it allows me to be very active and i enjoy cycling a lot. I have always had an interest in cycling and this makes my work there a lot easier. I also really like the that i can select the hours i work this made it much easier for me as a student.
Pros
Work when you want
Cons
Restaurants can take too long
Poor pay, long unpaid waits, zero benefits.
OK to make a little extra cash in the summer. Not a viable for a permanent work solution. Would be a much better job if I was not in one of the UK's most hilly cities!
Pros
No need to work, no notice period.
Cons
Poor pay, no holiday, no sick, long distances.
Great setting your own hours, everything else not so great
The ability to log on and off when you please and make work fit around your life is a great, but after working there for a while I found that the Rider service team was a big let down. I've had to wait 20mins+ on more than one occasion, just to get through to the team, but once talking the issue is usually resolved within 5-10mins. Deliveroo give hardly any benefits to the Riders, apart from small discounts at various cycling shops, and the training I had was below average as the instructor acted as if he didn't want to be there.
Easygoing
Great for casual work and just to get a bit of extra money when work dries up. The active lifestyle and fitness aspect are a bonus also plus you sometimes get free food.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6