Deliveroo

Deliveroo Employee Reviews in Manchester

Easy
Hard to do on a bike and not really worth the pay. Would recommend if you can drive but the maximum I was able to do about 2 deliveries an hour and after 3 hours of riding straight its just not worth it.
Absolutely rubbish
Not worth it ,not enough trips and less money.Company dont bother about the drivers...never recommend anyone to this company..better get fix hours jobs
Good pay
I got about £11 an hour when I did this. At one point when I was doing it every day I cycled 120 miles in a week and I could physically see that my legs were getting stronger. Really good thing to do on the side. very worth
Good exercise and flexible hours make it a great job for the right person
Pick your hours and work as much or as little as you want.

Depending on your location you can make £14-£20 an hour, especially if there's a boost.

You have to be motivated and it can be tough during quiet periods or if there's bad weather.

Worth trying for sure, takes no time at all to get signed up and delivering. If you do go for it apply here: https://roo.it/JO189365 and you'll get an extra £50 after 30 orders!
poor management and no security
the whole time i was there the management made me feel uncomfortable in multiple situations, including one where i was disclosing very personal matters and the manager brushed it off as if it was nothing. job never feels secure, stressful job but people in the office were amazing.
Easy money, good for students
It's a very nice job, especially as a part time for students. I've been working for 3 years now. I'm riding on a bike. I've been working in Manchester, Liverpool and Aberdeen and everywhere the job is the same. You ride a bike and people pay you for it. If you want to apply, use a refferal code: KO134266. You will get 50 punds after your first 30 deliveries. Good luck!
Stay away!!!! You will be treated like kids
Do your self a favour and don't apply. The management team is very poor,they treat you with no respect at all. They definitely need to review alot of things if not good sales rep will continue to leave. A career as an SDR last only for a few months, no progression , no quality training... Get rid of the manager/team lead and you will see great improvement..
Pros
Friday lunch, deliveroo credit
Cons
The manager/management
ok
not the best pay. long hours and not the best pay. Contacted customers prior to delivery to confirm and coordinate delivery times.
• Completed on-time deliveries by choosing the best and most

efficient routes.

• Fostered positive working relationships with customers by responding to their questions and concerns.

electrical engineer on site maintenance operator.
Fun job
A typical shift involved cycling to the 'login zone' then waiting for an order, cycling to the restaurant to pick up the food and then cycling to the house to deliver it.
The most demotivating place I've ever worked
You know how you have managers in life that just don't believe you? You can tell them something over and over and they just won't accept it. Imagine that type of person still being that way when 30 other people are saying the same thing.

Working for Deliveroo started off as a dream, the manager was lovely, she bought us breakfast and lunch during training, we even got credit to use on our work versions of the Deliveroo app. And then, after three days of 'training' which was just learning how Deliveroo works and how to use their systems, we were expected to start doing our jobs, despite not being trained on how to do them.

Several times a day, the manager would harass us for productivity updates or yell across the office to say she couldn't hear anyone dialling, refusing to listen to the fact that no one was picking up the phones. I don't know what she thought we were doing but apparently she didn't think we were doing our jobs.

It also sort of seems like the earlier team members were taught things that we weren't, and how to handle certain situations, as I was sneered at a few times for doing things wrong despite having not been taught the correct process.

The end result was an extremely short career with Deliveroo which I wouldnt recommend under the current management.
Pros
Free Friday lunch, incentives, awesome wage and bonus
Cons
So much stress from the manager, awful systems
Reasonable part time
It's a good part time job opportunity for university students, but you hardly can have this as your main source of income. No paid holidays, difficulties to get shifts to work.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Unavailable shift slots to book
Productive but physically demanding
Days had to be booked a week in advance and often particular times were not available as bookings go quick.

Although it is physically demanding, you get paid for what you do.

Some days there is an influx of orders which is frustrating and other days it is seemingly less busy.

Management is mediocre.
Pros
Work whenever
Cons
Physically demanding
Pretty easy going
Good gear like, some restaurants aren't particularly easy to work with, others are fantastic. Good job, did really like it, suited me well as a student. Only negative experience was that I was once threatened with losing my job if I couldn't take on an extra shift on one particular weekend. It is life on a cliff edge because they can just drop you if they need to. That said, overall really excellent job, great easy going shifts and pretty relaxed around taking holidays.
Flexible working times but one can not take enough shifts.
Deliveroo is good, for instance, for students who want a little extra cash. No experience and no special skills are required. The cons of this job are that a employee can't take enough shifts to earn money for living costs.
Pros
Sport/Exercise
Cons
Not enough shifts
Good exercise, nice co-workers
A typical shift for Deliveroo included meeting at the Deliveroo spot, logging in to an app, and accepting or declining orders. The staff who you speak to are all friendly and are more than willing to help if you get a puncture and haven't got a pump.
Productive and Fun
My time at Asda helped me to gain valuable interpersonal skills. Working for Deliveroo I developed my intrapersonal skills, due to a lack of supervision while working and minimal colleague interaction. While working for Deliveroo I was responsible for collecting food from high end restaurants and delivering to customers houses across Manchester. I had to adhere to strict time limits and flexible hours, as well as maintaining all my own equipment and staying focused 100% of the time. This was rewarded with numerous top 10 rankings in my area within my colleagues.
Its alright
It was alright, I worked 4 hour shifts on weekends (more pay on weekends) riding around Central Manchester which usually left me feeling quite tired. You often bump into fellow deliveroo riders which was quite funny. The pay was also quite good for the little hours I worked so I imagine working 9 hour shifts could earn some decent pay.

Drivers (especially in Manchester) pose a slight threat but the road is mostly calm. Management replies slow and communication is weak via email. Eat before and while you ride, energy bars and energy drinks are essential.

Highly recommend this job if you know your way around the city, looking to make some decent cash and dont mind working nights and weekends. I also recommend working on a motorcycle/moped but working on bicycle is still alright.
Pros
Bonus pay on weekends / bank holidays / flexible hours / keep fit
Cons
Tiring / Dangerous drivers / Long responses from management
The Truth
The worst company you could ever work for, they don't care about their employees. They have a number you call encase of any problems while your working and the people who answer cant help you with any problems you have because Deliveroo are such a bad company and have set it up so badly!!!!!!!! but other than all that is a very fun job like any courier job.
Pros
fun
Cons
everything
Picking up orders and delivering to customers. Learned how to talk to people. Learned how to think ahead, planning routes and managing time. Workplace culture was very professional and friendly.
Hardest part of the job was working in the rain. most fun part was meeting new people.
Pros
Great pay
fun and keep me fit
happy to work for this company but not being able to speak to a member of staff is not very good . also the pay was very low about 6.50 ph when the basic was 7.00ph
Fun
Basically, it is a job that I find very enojoyable as I've met quite a lot of fun people during my working hours but unfortunately there are negatives with every positive that being that the working hours for me were very insufficient.
Pros
Fun job
Cons
scarce working hours
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6