Deliveroo

Deliveroo Employee Reviews for Courier

There was a lot of exercise involved.
There was a lot of exercise involved and sometimes I had problems with finding addresses. It was fun working with other colleagues and building relationships within the workplace.
Flexible working hours
It is a good job to get fit, be outdoors and pick & choose when to work but there is no real job security or advancements. Plus I have had 3 accidents in the last year and fractured my wrist once, so high level of risk involved.
Best delivery company ever
The best delivery company in the world is Delivaroo you can earn much as you want you don’t have nobody’ after you to tell you what to do and how to do
Fun, relaxed set your own pace
Being a cyclist driver is fun, as you have no boss telling you what to do, also it is set at your own pace earn as little as you want or if you enjoy exercise this a great way to earn yourself £100 a day, drivers are friendly and you get to keep the tips pay is weekly, the downsides to this job is the weather, use code https://roo.it/KI244517 to earn yourself an extra £50 after 30 deliverys.
best job ive ever had
working at Deliveroo was amazing, flexible hours, great exercise, a great community of riders and office staff. I would still a rider but due to physical injuries, I cannot safely ride a bike to a working standard. I would love to work in here office sent many applications to the Melbourne office but no response. they also saved my life my injury happed and my insurance did not cover it was destitute, in Germany with no income. the company came together to help me in my darkest hour. I am forever indebted to them.
Fun job
Great job to discover the city cycling.
Specially if you just arrive in the area and you don't have any job. You can chose the times you want to work so this is awesome.
Active
You get to choose your own hours,so work/ life balance is not a problem and as a bike couier, you can be on your bike for hours so if you like riding your bike this is the job for you.
Decent job for a part time wage
Ronseal. It's okay I suppose, they've expanded the zone drastically which is annoying. The pay is poor, it should be slightly better and maybe a set minimum.
Not very good
I used to work there as a first job and at first it was okay, the money was good for a 16 year old. But the shifts were long, there were no breaks at all if it was busy and there was literally no management
Ideal flexible work for a student or for extra income
Deliveroo is a very social job to work, being able to talk to the other riders around, some work the job full time and others use the flexibility of the job to their advantage to work around other things such as being at university or just to top up other income. New riders can also earn £50 extra after completing 30 orders after sign up using code HA108050. Good for a person who enjoys the outdoors if on a bike but able to do on a scooter or in a car too.
Active and sometimes rewarding.
This job can be ok when there's plenty of work around but sometimes can be sat around not earning anything. I use a bicycle so when the weather is bad it's not pleasant.
Pay was decent initially but hard to get shifts
Company was decent when I joined in 2017 but things became problematic when they kept hiring riders. There weren't enough orders for riders on shift
Changed the pay system so we now get paid per delivery instead of hourly. This coupled with the oversaturated shifts, where riders were left waiting hours on some occasions for orders meant that we were earning considerably less.
Mek
Their were okey at beggining. I am working in Leeds, now they trying to quick out all bikes as they think mops and car are more efficient . It is a good job but were not getting enough hours.
Must work often
If you do not work often then Deliveroo will shut you out of any future shifts. Uber Eats is far better if you plan to do this in your own time. Pay was minimal and deliveries were far, therefore, i ended up making about £4 an hour at certain points.
Cons
Terrible pay
Don’t work for them
As a student I used to be abe to make a living off working for deliveroo, but they changed the system overnight so I couldn’t book any hours and literally made it impossible for me to make any money, without any warning. They don’t care about emoloyeees, they make you pay for the uniform. I don’t recommend working for them to anyone. Go to Justeat or Uber eats, much better in all regards
Fun place to work
Deliveroo is a self-employment job,
You choose your own hrs to work.
Pros
Ability to find all good restaurants
Cons
Flexible hrs
Great option for making extra money and keeping fit
A good company to work for, It can get busy, but can also be very quiet and not reliable for a steady income to cover all living expenses. Great to keep fit and be your own boss.
Pros
Be your own boss, keep fit, choose when to work
Cons
pay per delivery, there can be dead times
For active people that just want a quick buck
Very simple work, tiring and after a while very boring.
You don't get regular work(may have a time slot booked to work and you may turn up all ready to just wait outside for deliveries). No good quality human interactions unless you make them happen as an extra activity outside of working.
Pros
Free to work when you can + decent pay(8-£12) when there's work
Cons
Work is irregular, at the mercy of weather and you might go stupid from it
Productive and fun workplace
Before my shift, I prepared for work by checking that my bike is in full working condition as well as accessories i.e. bike lights, helmet, charged phone.
I started my shifts by logging onto the company's app where I receive deliveries from different restaurants. I then proceed to the restaurant and following the instructions on the app. Once I've received the food, it is then delivered to the customer.

The system is simple and easy to use however, there a times when it can be unreliable, resulting to contacting the offices which may take time off your deliveries.

It is a very rewarding job as you are essentially exercise during the job and significantly impacted my health.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Can get tiring
Easy money and flexible
Very flexible work shifts and pay structure was every 2 weeks which meant money was quick. I enjoyed riding a bicycle around London and the sense of self-employment as i was able to work on my own accord.
Lack of security
This job is okay for a student looking to make a bit of extra cash on evenings and weekends. Regardless, the job is stressful, dangerous and provides little job security, even if you can earn GBP 15+/hour once you know what you are doing.
Pros
You can listen to stuff while you are working. If you like driving/cycling, you get to drive/cycle. The hourly pay is okay, provided you work only during busy periods.
Cons
Everything else.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6