Deliveroo
Here to help: Coronavirus update
Updated: March 31 2020

Deliveroo Employee Reviews for Delivery Driver

Delivery
the work was calm and not exhausting. I liked having the time to myself to decide when to work and when not. but overall i liked being a supplier and doing this job with pleasure
Garbage exploitative company
If you get ill with corona virus..they lock your account then dont reactivate it on the day they promised when you have already recovered.

If you complain they claim its solved and STILL lock your account.

They have ZERO job security. And always try to screw you over.
Great
Everything ok, riding a bike/ scooter is one of the thing I love to do that makes this job excellent for me, despite the tension cause this virus it worths
Company and policies are good
Company and company policeys are good even app is easy to use and helpful for riders but i am not satisified with contractor system contractor are not loyal about riders salery and salery eaters. If company start hiring on his own visa and deal directly with riders then deliveroo is like a heaven for work in uae
For initial job it is amazing
Hello Guys,

For the initial job in Australia Deliveroo can be a good option for you. You can improve much skill like time management, Customer Service etc.
Flexible
Flexible work hours. Work when you want. Competitive. It is an easy job if you like riding a bike. The management team is always there to help you when you need them.
It's a job that you manage your time
The job let you decide when and where you want to work but when you work with deliveroo you do not know how much will you earn, because it depends how many deliveries you do
Good company flexible working hours
Has good flexible hours to work. You can pick whichever time u choose to work and pay depends on how much you are able to do delivery. Only tiring thons is if u are using bicycle.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Deliveroo?
Zero job security.
After having worked with deliveroo for almost 3 years, they closed my account. Trying to talk to rider support about it, I went round in circles going nowhere. Seriously unfair. I did nothing wrong. Then all of a sudden I had no job and no reference. P***Poor show.
Good salary income
Doing this job is not that easy. It is a bit risky. But the pay is not that bad. It is up to the driver. The more you do jobs the more you earn. The only struggle in this job is the weather.
I have work before here it was very good working with them thumbs up
I have work before here it was very good working with them thumbs up. Delivevroo is very very care full for his all riders mean every single rider can earn money on his target.
My opinion
In my opinion it drastically depends on the city you work in. I went from earning 10 - 20 pounds an hour to 3 pounds an hour because I moved to a smaller city. Big cities with good cycle access are better for earning better money.
Very bad wages
Very bad wages,worse and worse pay each day unless there's a fee boost not worthy to risk your life for not even 5 pounds an hour.Used to be much better a year ago.Disappointing
Garbage job
Your gear , your paid insurance , your fuel and other costs and for this lately they offer you lies and between 6,50-11 £ per hour ( before taxes) less than 80 pence for mile in any weather condition.
Sad , because people fall in the trap thinking its a fair paid job and Deliveroo exploit the naivety of the people only to make profit. Shame.
Absolutely rubbish
Not worth it ,not enough trips and less money.Company dont bother about the drivers...never recommend anyone to this company..better get fix hours jobs
Nice student job, not good otherwise imo
good student job, works well at peak time - bad pay otherwise, no job security, flexible hours working conditions may change at any time without prior notice.
convenient and flexible, but dangerous and de-moralising
The job on paper is great: flexible work, flexible pay and flexible in location.

The company does not care for you and uses the riders as a scapegoat for any issues, similarly the restaurants do the same.

Deliveroo cultivates an environment of constant pressure and job threat.

This environment pushes you to work in the most dangerous conditions, and to ride at the edge of your limits safety wise, to be able to make enough deliveries to make it financially viable.

The 'illegal workers' issue has arisen because of a loophole that the company keeps specifically open to keep riders self-employed from a legal standpoint, so they can avoid having to accommodate for rights that other employment statuses would have.

After using the environmental bicycle image to market themselves, they have been systematically pushing out bicycles in favour of anything with a motor.

A great job, as long as you are aware of who you are working for, and are careful to log enough evidence to protect your job.
Well suited
You can choose the shifts that you work by yourself which gives you a lot of freedom in terms of still being able to do other tasks such as revision for university and household chores
Fun job, not to taxing and good pay.
Able to chose the hours you want but is subject to if its a busy time or not whether you will get any orders. Salary is good if you get enough orders. Job culture in Guildford was good.
Tiring yet Rewarding Work
Working as a rider is fine as you are paid per order which is superb as it means your salary is limited by the effort you put in. However if orders are not coming in or restaurants are understaffed this negatively impacts upon your earning ability leading to a great deal of frustration.
Ok as a side job
I've been with Deliveroo as a cyclist for few years, at first it was perfect but now this 'vehicle priority came out, not been able to get half as many shifts as I used too, I got perfect stats but I I'm still in 2nd place to motor bike and cars despite deliveroos advancement to be Eco Friendly. It's good side job but wouldn't recommend as main job, at least until they either get rid of vehicle priority or you got a car/motor bike, if you got one of them, you can lice off the money you make from here
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Deliveroo. Our community is ready to answer.
2.6