DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubleTree by Hilton Employee Reviews

Showing all 4,758 reviews

Cool place at times

When I started I was there to work the rooftop pool parties which were a hit but complicated relationships with the hotel guest. A lot of complaints cause the event to end. It made a lot of added income to the hotel any where from 12-20k in monthly sales to f&b. Bring it back please And book me to dj @djsauce_dc

Pros

Parties events free/ discounted food

Cons

Impossible room discounts, slow business, irregular income

Can be long hours. Benefits for travel are amazing.

The management can be toxic. Everything must be to their liking and your input is 'considered' but never accepted. If the managers do not like you, your life is hard at work. But, the overall staffing here is friendly. The benefits for travel is good and work-life balance is good.

Don’t work here you won’t be able to afford anything

Not good never got paid the right amount and the people higher up were rude and it was unhygienic but got free food on shift and I never got help when I asked

Pros

Get free food

Cons

Never got paid properly, unhelpful staff

Fellow employees are awesome! Management Clueless.

Wouldn't recommend unless you are needing experience for your resume. Management lacks knowledge of what's going on and what's important to succeed. Scheduling is atroshish!

Pros

Free lunch (if you get a chance to eat).

Cons

No official breaks even on a long shift. No support on busy nights/days. Work/life balance, they don't care! Management does as little as possible, clueless for the most part!

No consistency

Too wishy-washy, management did not what went on. Letting others dictate instead, they cheated employees. Did not care. Lots of thefts. Upper management included.

Not what I expected

When I first got there I was given the bare minimum training by the other Chefs.I tried to ask questions on how to do certain tasks and they either ignored, scoffed, or argued with me.Most of the Chefs were pretty ignorant and you could tell they didn't want to be there. Overall, it was a pretty draining atmosphere, especially with the long hours. My job was to be an Assistant Chef as I was a Rookie at the time. However, what they didn't mention to me before I started the job was that I would be managing a whole pastry section by myself. Without much help or supervision. And they dared to say I was being "too slow". Although things were pre-bought and didn't require much effort due to Covid. Even then it was a bit much.The only slightly redeeming thing about the place was the most of serving staff, the Head Chef and the KPs.I worked there for 3 months until many issues arose such as the travelling distance became an issue. And speaking of travel distance, I had to commute the longest distance to the place out of all the Chefs and they made little to no effort to let me leave early until 2 months in. Very inconsiderate.

Pros

Nice Serving Staff, Helpful KP's, Decent Pay, Friendly Head Chef

Cons

Unreasonable Chefs, Long hours, Barely any time to take a break, Not cooking, just dishing out pre-prepared food, The ticket Machine in the Pastry section is the worst to deal with, especially when it's rush hour.

Ok,

Very needy staff, expect too much from the staff with very little in return, grumpy and miserable chefs that speak to you and treat you like your a piece of ****

Pros

Dinner was provided

Cons

Long hours, no appraisal or thanks for what ever you do

They help each other

I loved working there wonding if I could again I also did housekeeping cleaning moping laundry cleaning with chemicals an more wipping down caner top.

Pros

Cons

Moping changing bed spread

Decent work life balance.

Keep your head down. Do the best you can with what you have. Get whatever experience you can and move on. Very challenging hotel. Too many chiefs, not enough Indians.

Pros

Free parking. Cheap hotel discounts

Cons

Culture. No respect. No growth.

Fast paced , always helping out different departments so rhat the customers are always satisfied .

At the end of the day the quality of the colleagues make the company to stand out Management is there to support always. Finance department solve all problems.

Pros

Free meals and discounts

My job in the restaurant is excellent. I've worked with Doubletree for many years, and have a wonderful supervisor & coworkers who work as a team.

I wish I could give a 5 Star review. The department I work in (Restaurant) is awesome and runs very well. Other areas of the hotel are not, and I feel sad for my coworkers there.

Pros

Awesome supervisor and coworkers

Cons

It's hard to see coworkers struggling in another department, due to lack of coverage and leadership.

You would think with all that is going on in the world they would be greatful to their staff & pay more $10 an hour horrible

No one follow's the safety covid rules recommended by the CDC .Hotel needs ALOT OF help no one here cares about the staff not even the GM horror.

Pros

Nothing, This should be your last option in life

Cons

No breaks, No Lunch . You are on your own and its dirty

The managers are trash

The managers will tell you they appreciate you and then pay you minimum wage and tell you they're working on your raise when they are really coming up with schemes to make the employee uncomfortable and quit.

Pros

Free soda

Cons

Wage

Management is horrible.. they belittle you and make you feel worthless

The company isn't bad. It's the management who run it. They talk to you like you're beneath them. So much drama and gossip it's like being in high school. Upper management sweeps everything under the rug.

Pros

Cons

Management .. communication..

Great place to work for!!

Great company to work for!! Good Benefits. Since it is franchise works a little bit different than a corporate property. overall Great experience. Room for grow was limited since there is a Franchise as i mentioned before. Pay a little bit below the comps.

Great place to work for!!

A good place to work part-time but not full-time.

The pay is very less so would not recommend working full time and hours of work are not fixed so you minght ends up working a lot less or a lot more depending on the occupancy level.

Pros

Very relaxed during winter time

Cons

Low pay, no benefits, flexible schedule

Decent

Standard hotel job, the pandemic caused furlough and immediate suspension of benefits with no severance package. There was no sense of care for the employees or clients. Leadership needed some sensitivity training.

prove yourself & do your job, and they leave you alone.

As a bartender, I'm very satisfied. Working strictly private events, they don't over-staff, so tips are split among a minimal number of bartenders--work hard, but make good $.

Pros

good $, mgmt. hands-on, but always fair.

Cons

none worth mentioning.

Yes and no jobs a job

I was not bad period could have been better better more help you getting was not I hated that because we work too hard over 1000 people at wohnst I watch good at some two points

Pros

That one she's not bad if you got some

Cons

There are no corns

It was okay .

Staff was nice , they just expect you to do too much in only 8 hours . Not worth the pay . Tips were decent but we ran out of linen a lot and that puts you behind schedule

Pros

Day goes quick

Cons

Too much

Ask a question about working or interviewing at DoubleTree by Hilton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K